Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Britney Spears Signs X Factor Deal!
Topic Started: May 9 2012, 10:02 PM (849 Views)
King
Member Avatar

I would definitely say Britney is a great artist for sure. She's been around 15 years now. She's a grammy winner, tons of #1 hits, sold out the biggest venues in the country, she's an international star, she's a great dancer, she's a so-so singer. When she does a straight up singing, she's really not as atrocious as people make her out to be or as she is in their heads. She's pretty good.

As for Demi, she is obviously being brought on to get and keep the tween audience.

Britney is bring brought on to get and keep the 20-something/30-something audience.

Edited by King, May 15 2012, 03:49 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Angie79
May 15 2012, 01:29 AM
I don't know how much the judges actually do on the X Factor (they didn't show much of it), but last season the judges sure liked to get digs in at each other when the song choice wasn't great or if they didn't like changes made to it. They have be working with these people in some capacity. Even if they don't do any of that, Britney judging singing talent is funny.

They do work with them on the 'The Voice'. We see it.
I know they work with them on The Voice. My point is that it's highly unlikely that the judges/mentors choose the song and work out the arrangements every week for their artists. That's my point. They may some weeks but whatever ideas they do have have to run out at some point. Sure, they oversee what their artists do but I think it's a collaborative process between the singer, judge/mentor, record producers/execs, vocal coaches, etc. That is why I think you can get away with having judges/mentors on these shows that aren't even good singers or not singers/performers at all. The record execs know far more about song choice and arrangements than the judge/mentors that are performers anyway. That much has been demonstrated on these shows.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

BalscoFan5
May 14 2012, 11:01 PM
How is Demi a trainwreck?Least she is qualified to give advice on LIVE singing?Yeah she went to rehab,for an eating disorder,not drugs or anything and hasn't shaved her head or anything,don't get me wrong I have nothing against Britney,she has songs I enjoy I just do not think she is qualified on giving advice on LIVE singing when she doesn't even do it herself.But we'll just have to watch and see.
A lot of Hollywood blind items suggest that Demi is still unwell, and that her team is desperately trying to conceal it. I heard she's been to rehab 3 times already this year. I've always had the impression that her camp is more concerned about profiting from the girl, than actually looking out for her. It's sad.

Anyway, for Demi's sake, I hope those blinds aren't true.
Edited by NocturnalBlondie, May 17 2012, 11:22 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply