Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Rafe and Carrie Plan a Future Together; 5/21/12 Issue
Topic Started: May 9 2012, 11:51 PM (7,165 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Carrie can seriously...SERIOUSLY go FUCK herself....stupid HO!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

See, this is one storyline that I'm just not even watching. Why? Well, why would I get invested knowing that 2 of the 3 in the triangle is leaving soon? I know, probably not a good way of looking at it but that's how I am looking at it right now.
Edited by talbab1994, May 10 2012, 03:51 PM.

Sparrow

I have to ask, because I haven't been able to watch the episodes that I've tivo'd... are they really playing Carrie and Rafe like they are the rooting couple? Really? I've seen some pretty heartbreaking scenes of Austin mourning his feckless, faithless wife. It seems that Carrie is proving that Sami is half right - she doesn't necessarily want whatever Sami has, but she certainly likes having what Sami wants. Blech.

I hate this show.

MissLola
Member Avatar

Sparrow
May 10 2012, 11:29 AM
I have to ask, because I haven't been able to watch the episodes that I've tivo'd... are they really playing Carrie and Rafe like they are the rooting couple? Really? I've seen some pretty heartbreaking scenes of Austin mourning his feckless, faithless wife. It seems that Carrie is proving that Sami is half right - she doesn't necessarily want whatever Sami has, but she certainly likes having what Sami wants. Blech.

I hate this show.
Yes they are playing them as the rooting couple. About as believably as Ejaylor. :puke:
Edited by MissLola, May 10 2012, 11:39 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Of course Carrie is going to find out she is pregnant soon, which will complicate matters more. I think if there had never been the Mike issue, this might have been a more acceptable storyline. But I just can't accept Carrie cheating on Austin again. It's really ruined her character.

luvmysoaps

alex
May 10 2012, 11:37 AM
Sparrow

I hate this show.
Yes they are playing them as the rooting couple. About as believably as Ejaylor. :puke:
They totally are playing them as the root for couple. They are declaring undying love in the face of great opposition/odds and knowing they will hurt others etc :puke:

This is just sick. The only thing I agree with Carrie on is that Austin DOES deserve way better than someone like her. I wish it would play out that he walks away from the ho. I cannot take her anymore.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I don't think Carrie/Rafe is that bad, or that it makes her a fickle whore. It's her character flaw, imho.

It would've been nice if they balanced that out with Austin/Nicole so he didn't seem like a doormat or her victim. They would just be drifting apart, which totally makes sense to me.

Sparrow

alex
May 10 2012, 11:37 AM
Sparrow

I hate this show.
That's what I was afraid of. I was holding out hope that maybe there was some internal conflict or torn feelings or, you know, depth to this story. That's what I get for hoping.

Tngerson1

What do u think will happen when Carrie finds out preg with Austins baby?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

This story could've worked. It's just horribly paced. Epic failure.

I do like Roman's involvement though.

stella21

DrewHamilton
May 10 2012, 01:17 PM

Carrie always wants what someone else has ,not what she has ,she wanted Mike when she was with Austin ,she wanted Lucas when he was with Someone ,and now she wants Rafe because he was with her sister .Everyone is always down on Sammie for the rounds her vagina has made but if you count them all up ,I would say Carrie's has been more oiled with men who do not belong to her than Sammie's.Ih ave watched this show since the beginning and know I have missed a man or 2 where Carrie was having an affair or had to have them but afterward she always goes running back to Austin ,Who over the years has become her Doormat . Marlena has always coddled Carrie and been on Sammie's case because Carrie Uses this super sweet phony voiceand has always played to make Sammie look bad

SATW
Member Avatar

July can't get here soon enough for me. Goodbye Carrie....please don't come back. Also, forget your new career as a lawyer. That isn't believable any more than Rafe falling for you. Thank God these writers are gone. I know Galen has to spit out the words they write for him, but geez, these scripts have to be tough for him to get through. I can't wait for him to have a real storyline with adventure, humor and heroism; the type of story he shines in. Bring back real Rafe!!!

King
Member Avatar

I fucking hate Rafe more than any character in my 19 years of watching. And that is a fact!

Hamilton
Member Avatar

I can't wait for Rafe and Carrie to be OVER. It's been a distasteful story all the way through.

MarDar totally betrayed viewers by not staying true to the characters. I don't buy for a minute that Rafe would have no issues with his marriage dissolving and instead just happily switch sisters. :blink: I also don't believe when written in character that Rafe would so easily break-up family bonds in this way let alone dally with someone married. Carrie has been so cold and heartless stringing Austin along. She has a long hard-won history with this man and she repetitively has shown him no respect. She makes love to Austin and allows him to hope for a family instead of leaving him because Rafe isn't currently available? It's sick. Carrie is a selfish bitch and Rafe is a world class jerk. Way to destroy another set of beloved characters MarDar for a non-romance.

It's too bad MarDar weren't fired sooner. Their dirty mess is entering into the deepest part of the sludge now. The new writers have quite a task cleaning this up.

sals4
Member Avatar

It just seems out of character for Rafe...who has been portrayed all along as a hero, high morals, always doing the right thing and preaching so. For ending his marriage without looking back cause he was cheated on, yet today was so ready to do the deed with Carrie (had she not put a stop to it) when she is still married. Doesn't make sense

Daytime
Member Avatar

Can they plan a future away from Salem..I hate both of these characters..

lysie
Member Avatar

stella21
May 10 2012, 01:51 PM
DrewHamilton
May 10 2012, 01:17 PM

Carrie always wants what someone else has ,not what she has ,she wanted Mike when she was with Austin ,she wanted Lucas when he was with Someone ,and now she wants Rafe because he was with her sister .Everyone is always down on Sammie for the rounds her vagina has made but if you count them all up ,I would say Carrie's has been more oiled with men who do not belong to her than Sammie's.Ih ave watched this show since the beginning and know I have missed a man or 2 where Carrie was having an affair or had to have them but afterward she always goes running back to Austin ,Who over the years has become her Doormat . Marlena has always coddled Carrie and been on Sammie's case because Carrie Uses this super sweet phony voiceand has always played to make Sammie look bad
Lucas wasn't with anyone when Carrie "wanted" him. That wasn't the Carrie problem in that story.

There's an element of this story that they're referencing but not focusing on enough, IMo. I think it makes sense that now that Carrie and Austin have had some drama free years, they're not as compatible as they once were. My main issue with Cafe, though, is that while they may have chemistry, she has so much more chemistry with Muldoon that Cafe just seem....blah. I believe Carrie when she's talking to Rafe, but I believe her lies to Austin more. And I know they're lies.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

sals4
May 10 2012, 03:33 PM
It just seems out of character for Rafe...who has been portrayed all along as a hero, high morals, always doing the right thing and preaching so. For ending his marriage without looking back cause he was cheated on, yet today was so ready to do the deed with Carrie (had she not put a stop to it) when she is still married. Doesn't make sense
Exactly. It was like-- OK, Sami, you cheated on me, so file the divorce papers and don't drag it out. Now, I can go be with your married sister. Makes no sense at all. Even if Rafe did have feelings for Carrie, he would have waited until his divorce and hers was final, not be willing to jump into bed with her before that happened. It goes against everything he was and stood for.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

King
May 10 2012, 03:24 PM
I fucking hate Rafe more than any character in my 19 years of watching. And that is a fact!
I have only been watching for the past 4 years and I Fucking hate Rafe ! Worst character :soapbox: in soap history jmho...

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

i honestly dont care for cafe! they can bang each other,i dont care!roman interfering....i'll pass!

anything with roman puts me to sleep.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply