Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Rafe and Carrie Plan a Future Together; 5/21/12 Issue
Topic Started: May 9 2012, 11:51 PM (7,133 Views)
Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

DocandJohn4ever
May 10 2012, 12:43 AM
PhoenixRising05
May 9 2012, 11:51 PM
Roman decides the best way to eliminate the attraction between Carrie and Rafe is to bring Austin to the safe house. Austin arrives, just as Carrie and Rafe are about to kiss. The two quickly cover, and Austin embraces his wife.

While Austin and Carrie talk alone, Roman confronts Rafe about his near-kiss with Carrie. Roman blasts Rafe for not respecting the couple's marriage and warns him to keep his distance from Carrie. "Rafe is in a tough position," says Galen Gering (Rafe). "Obviously, he and Carrie have these feelings for each other, but Rafe feels conflicted because she is still married to Austin."

Meanwhile, Carrie is on the brink of telling Austin that she wants to end their marriage when Roman barges in, putting an end to the couple's private talk.

Rafe and Carrie finally find themselves alone together again. Neither one wants to hurt Austin, but the couple acknowledge that they must be together.
I can't believe SOD wasted an article on this :puke:

what happened to the great love Carrie had for Austin where she spent the better half of almost 15 years fighting to be with him... where's that Carrie?? MarDar has completely destroyed her and Rafe's characters to the point where I've lost total respect for Rafe and I'm almost there with Carrie and I hate to say that about Carrie because she used to be one of my favorite characters, what we're seeing now is not the real Carrie :shame:

LMFAO i feel like SOD have been wasting articles for months now......
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

KMan101
May 10 2012, 08:35 AM
Wow. When 'da hell' did Roman emerge from the doldrums? Holy crap, he has purpose again!
i LMAO so much when i read your post!!!!! hehe i still cant believe that roman is part of this story,i mean really?who the fuck needs his help???!!!! shane is back,let him b the hero not fake roman/chris krychek....whatever his name was back in the 80's :D

WowItsJustine
Member Avatar

Oh.Well I'd say it's time for Rotox to go back into whatever hole he climbed out of

justforfun

Hamilton
May 10 2012, 03:27 PM
I can't wait for Rafe and Carrie to be OVER. It's been a distasteful story all the way through.

MarDar totally betrayed viewers by not staying true to the characters. I don't buy for a minute that Rafe would have no issues with his marriage dissolving and instead just happily switch sisters. :blink: I also don't believe when written in character that Rafe would so easily break-up family bonds in this way let alone dally with someone married. Carrie has been so cold and heartless stringing Austin along. She has a long hard-won history with this man and she repetitively has shown him no respect. She makes love to Austin and allows him to hope for a family instead of leaving him because Rafe isn't currently available? It's sick. Carrie is a selfish bitch and Rafe is a world class jerk. Way to destroy another set of beloved characters MarDar for a non-romance.

It's too bad MarDar weren't fired sooner. Their dirty mess is entering into the deepest part of the sludge now. The new writers have quite a task cleaning this up.

Well, I am hoping that Cafe don't screw. That would be one step toward making this less of a clusterfuck.

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

Poker Face
May 10 2012, 04:51 PM
DocandJohn4ever
May 10 2012, 12:43 AM
PhoenixRising05
May 9 2012, 11:51 PM
Roman decides the best way to eliminate the attraction between Carrie and Rafe is to bring Austin to the safe house. Austin arrives, just as Carrie and Rafe are about to kiss. The two quickly cover, and Austin embraces his wife.

While Austin and Carrie talk alone, Roman confronts Rafe about his near-kiss with Carrie. Roman blasts Rafe for not respecting the couple's marriage and warns him to keep his distance from Carrie. "Rafe is in a tough position," says Galen Gering (Rafe). "Obviously, he and Carrie have these feelings for each other, but Rafe feels conflicted because she is still married to Austin."

Meanwhile, Carrie is on the brink of telling Austin that she wants to end their marriage when Roman barges in, putting an end to the couple's private talk.

Rafe and Carrie finally find themselves alone together again. Neither one wants to hurt Austin, but the couple acknowledge that they must be together.
I can't believe SOD wasted an article on this :puke:

what happened to the great love Carrie had for Austin where she spent the better half of almost 15 years fighting to be with him... where's that Carrie?? MarDar has completely destroyed her and Rafe's characters to the point where I've lost total respect for Rafe and I'm almost there with Carrie and I hate to say that about Carrie because she used to be one of my favorite characters, what we're seeing now is not the real Carrie :shame:

LMFAO i feel like SOD have been wasting articles for months now......
yea me too, either that or the writing is just so bad that I could care less what happens now with the exception of a few storylines lol, it's a shame SOW stopped publishing their magazine sometimes they had better articles than SOD

Chelsea
Member Avatar

I am not a Caustin shipper but come on, Caustin just belongs together. Cafe is gross, if tiic think they're rooting couple material then they're out of their minds. :puke:

Cupcake06

Kali
May 10 2012, 05:58 AM
Cupcake06
May 10 2012, 12:29 AM
Gawd, WHAT feelings?

When did this happen?

So stupid.
This has been going on for at least the past 5 months. It's not like they instantly developed feelings for each other. It grew organically out of them working together. IMO, although I prefer Racole, this is one story that makes sense and has been done well.

I wish Austin was staying. I'm really enjoying PM's work.
I didn't realize they had feelings for eachother, and I don't know what those feelings are or how they developed or why.

I think it could have made sense, and could have been done well.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Cupcake06
May 10 2012, 06:31 PM
Kali
May 10 2012, 05:58 AM
Cupcake06
May 10 2012, 12:29 AM
Gawd, WHAT feelings?

When did this happen?

So stupid.
This has been going on for at least the past 5 months. It's not like they instantly developed feelings for each other. It grew organically out of them working together. IMO, although I prefer Racole, this is one story that makes sense and has been done well.

I wish Austin was staying. I'm really enjoying PM's work.
I didn't realize they had feelings for eachother, and I don't know what those feelings are or how they developed or why.

I think it could have made sense, and could have been done well.

If they had been clearer with the motivations behind this story it might have made some sense instead of being the laughable joke it is now.

I thought for the longest time that Carrie came back to town with an agenda because of the way she immediately went after Rafe. I kept waiting for Carrie's goal to get back at Sami (who was happily married to a great man) to be revealed. The writers had Carrie pursuing Rafe and yet didn't provide any solid reasons why. Austin was being loving and attentive. It was baffling.

Rafe's actions have just felt disingenuous. I don't think the writers ever gave his true character any consideration. He became a generic guy filling the slot in the plot. If they wanted any of this to be believable for Rafe they should have shown him to be so crushed by Sami's betrayal that his behavior stems from that. He knows being involved with Sami's sister would torment Sami in the same way he is tormented. He may be acting vindictive unconsciously but we the audience should have clues to pick up on it.

The story MarDar presented is unsubstantial. Carrie is not compatible with Austin? What? Rafe is just horny? Huh? It's weak. Having two people say they have 'feelings' for one another does not make a relationship.

King
Member Avatar

Ej_Sami
May 10 2012, 04:21 PM
King
May 10 2012, 03:24 PM
I fucking hate Rafe more than any character in my 19 years of watching. And that is a fact!
I have only been watching for the past 4 years and I Fucking hate Rafe ! Worst character :soapbox: in soap history jmho...
I agree.

I really can't take it anymore. It's unbearable.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

The only way they can make up for this crap is have Carrie just wake up, have flashbacks/dreams of Austin, babies and more Austin... look at Rafe and say to herself: "What was I thinking? What am I doing? I love Austin."

stella21

Carrie has been after Rafe since she first saw him ,Who removes their blouse in an office or sets up a business without consulting spouses,when there is already a bad history there ,someone with an agenda and that agenda was to snag Rafe from Sammie .Carrie has been a slut for a long time and never called on it ,always wanting the man other than the one she is with,This is nothing new for her ,just now more veiwersare seeing her true colors this time around. The cast covered for her and most did not get her bad acting ,now she can no longer coo aand make audience believe she is an innocent or have all lines written so Sammie is made out to be the bitch every time even when she wasn't
Edited by stella21, May 10 2012, 07:02 PM.

razorbacks78
Member Avatar

Im sorry who in the cast is covering for CC's "bad acting" cause even in this terrible s/l Christie has had some fantastic scenes. I guess we all see things differently, cause I didn't see her after him from day one, I saw her getting closer to him when she and Austin were on opposite sides of John's case. And Carrie cheating on Austin isn't right but until she pulls have the shit Sami has pulled in her life, then Carrie will always be better than Sami to me. Carrie isn't some evil person who plots and goes after others to intentional hurt them. When she drugs someone and has sex with them, when she claims her baby is another mans, and when she blackmails a doctor into telling sister can't have children then we'll talk being worse than Sami

lysie
Member Avatar

stella21
May 10 2012, 06:59 PM
Carrie has been after Rafe since she first saw him ,Who removes their blouse in an office or sets up a business without consulting spouses,when there is already a bad history there ,someone with an agenda and that agenda was to snag Rafe from Sammie .Carrie has been a slut for a long time and never called on it ,always wanting the man other than the one she is with,This is nothing new for her ,just now more veiwersare seeing her true colors this time around. The cast covered for her and most did not get her bad acting ,now she can no longer coo aand make audience believe she is an innocent or have all lines written so Sammie is made out to be the bitch every time even when she wasn't
Carrie being a slut and supposedly not being called on it (she has been. Many times) has nothing to do with acting.

MissLola
Member Avatar

This story did have a lot of potential at the beginning. They ruined it. Too often on this show they have two characters hang out a few times and all of the sudden the word "feelings" starts getting thrown around in spoilers. Too bad the audience doesn't get clued in to it. Instead of planning a future together and start saying ILUs, how about a first date to see if they are compatible and if it is going to be worth facing angry family members for. This is just another forced pairing just like all the other forced pairings we have all been complaining about for the past few years. No build up to anything solid, no riveting storytelling. And much like the awful Tayho story, we now know that Carrie is leaving, so it makes it all the more pointless and a waste of time. Also it's a shame that once again poor AZ gets to be used as angst for a stinker of a pairing, and this time poor PM is going along for the ride. :flipoff:

maverick
Member Avatar

WHAT FEELINGS?

So much WTFery/contrived BS in this whole damn thing (and eyerolling by me) ...I hate the way they are writing Carrie here, sure she has a history of doing this but it would be nice to see where/how/what/why in all of this. And where is Austin, the boxer/fighter? He is being written like a really poor sap here. They had him cutting out hearts while she was having goo goo eyes over Rafe? :rolleyes:

Carrie/Lucas made more sense and I HATED them and that nonsense.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Mardar only told the audience that Rafe and Carrie had feelings for each other; they never let the characters show us their feelings or how those feelings for each other developed over time or why. If Carrie had a scarf, it would have been Ejaylor all over again, and we all know how that worked out.

J&J4eva

maverick
May 10 2012, 07:29 PM
WHAT FEELINGS?

So much WTFery/contrived BS in this whole damn thing (and eyerolling by me) ...I hate the way they are writing Carrie here, sure she has a history of doing this but it would be nice to see where/how/what/why in all of this. And where is Austin, the boxer/fighter? He is being written like a really poor sap here. They had him cutting out hearts while she was having goo goo eyes over Rafe? :rolleyes:

Carrie/Lucas made more sense and I HATED them and that nonsense.

Carrie/Lucas and Carrie/Mike made sense because the writers took the time to write a story. This is rushed and contrived. I agree it could have been a good story had it been given time to develop although I'd have wanted Caustin to end up together. Cafe is nothing more than lust. I don't understand the writers' fixation on action rather than emotion nor do I understand characters like Carrie and Jennifer seeking an easy, carefree alternative rather than fighting for true love. Isn't the essence of a couple found in working through the hard times and the ensuing romance the pay off after the long fight to be together? Give me a fucking break Days. :flipoff:
Edited by J&J4eva, May 10 2012, 08:28 PM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

I think the writers are missing the opportunity, just like they did with Broe, on if not delving into their relationship in europe but at least taking a peak at it. Maybe Carrie is just horney and she cheated on Austin in europe too.
Edited by Halloween Family, May 10 2012, 08:57 PM.

razorbacks78
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
May 10 2012, 08:44 PM
I think the writers are missing the opportunity, just like they did with Broe, on if not delving into their relationship in europe but at least taking a peak at it. Many Carrie is just horney and she cheated on Austin in europe too.
She did mention Zurich, she said she grew up and she looked at him diff and wondered if the woman she had become wanted same things as girl who fell in love with him. So things weren't perfect there either.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

The last line of that article, oh god :hahano:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply