Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Rafe and Carrie Plan a Future Together; 5/21/12 Issue
Topic Started: May 9 2012, 11:51 PM (6,886 Views)
mirabella

Hamilton
May 10 2012, 03:27 PM
I can't wait for Rafe and Carrie to be OVER. It's been a distasteful story all the way through.

MarDar totally betrayed viewers by not staying true to the characters. I don't buy for a minute that Rafe would have no issues with his marriage dissolving and instead just happily switch sisters. :blink: I also don't believe when written in character that Rafe would so easily break-up family bonds in this way let alone dally with someone married. Carrie has been so cold and heartless stringing Austin along. She has a long hard-won history with this man and she repetitively has shown him no respect. She makes love to Austin and allows him to hope for a family instead of leaving him because Rafe isn't currently available? It's sick. Carrie is a selfish bitch and Rafe is a world class jerk. Way to destroy another set of beloved characters MarDar for a non-romance.

It's too bad MarDar weren't fired sooner. Their dirty mess is entering into the deepest part of the sludge now. The new writers have quite a task cleaning this up.

Amen to all you wrote. I can't wait for the scripts from the new/old writers to begin. As you said, they have a seemingly unsurmountable mess to clean up. August can't come soon enough for me!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mirabella

Hamilton
May 10 2012, 06:46 PM
Cupcake06
May 10 2012, 06:31 PM
Kali
May 10 2012, 05:58 AM
Cupcake06
May 10 2012, 12:29 AM
Gawd, WHAT feelings?

When did this happen?

So stupid.
This has been going on for at least the past 5 months. It's not like they instantly developed feelings for each other. It grew organically out of them working together. IMO, although I prefer Racole, this is one story that makes sense and has been done well.

I wish Austin was staying. I'm really enjoying PM's work.
I didn't realize they had feelings for eachother, and I don't know what those feelings are or how they developed or why.

I think it could have made sense, and could have been done well.

If they had been clearer with the motivations behind this story it might have made some sense instead of being the laughable joke it is now.

I thought for the longest time that Carrie came back to town with an agenda because of the way she immediately went after Rafe. I kept waiting for Carrie's goal to get back at Sami (who was happily married to a great man) to be revealed. The writers had Carrie pursuing Rafe and yet didn't provide any solid reasons why. Austin was being loving and attentive. It was baffling.

Rafe's actions have just felt disingenuous. I don't think the writers ever gave his true character any consideration. He became a generic guy filling the slot in the plot. If they wanted any of this to be believable for Rafe they should have shown him to be so crushed by Sami's betrayal that his behavior stems from that. He knows being involved with Sami's sister would torment Sami in the same way he is tormented. He may be acting vindictive unconsciously but we the audience should have clues to pick up on it.

The story MarDar presented is unsubstantial. Carrie is not compatible with Austin? What? Rafe is just horny? Huh? It's weak. Having two people say they have 'feelings' for one another does not make a relationship.
Bravo! Wonderful post!

Hamilton
Member Avatar

razorbacks78
May 10 2012, 07:13 PM
Im sorry who in the cast is covering for CC's "bad acting" cause even in this terrible s/l Christie has had some fantastic scenes. I guess we all see things differently, cause I didn't see her after him from day one, I saw her getting closer to him when she and Austin were on opposite sides of John's case. And Carrie cheating on Austin isn't right but until she pulls have the shit Sami has pulled in her life, then Carrie will always be better than Sami to me. Carrie isn't some evil person who plots and goes after others to intentional hurt them. When she drugs someone and has sex with them, when she claims her baby is another mans, and when she blackmails a doctor into telling sister can't have children then we'll talk being worse than Sami
Carrie and Austin moved out of the loft, went to the hotel to make love and yet Carrie couldn't wait to go to the pub where Rafe had mentioned he had a special day planned for his family. She got Austin to go over there even though Austin didn't want to and Rafe and Sami were none too happy to have their time interrupted. They were celebrating being just them together again with the house guest gone! I'd say that is an example of Carrie going after Rafe early on.
Carrie also offered Rafe the job working with her knowing she was already attracted to him. She wanted him near her and didn't concern herself with her marriage or her husbands feelings.
I also think she used any excuse to grab Rafe for a hug. She started that right away, despite Rafe's initial discomfort at her physical display. She even acted very smug when Sami walked in on one of those hugs instead of being embarrassed by the situation like Rafe was.
Carrie wasn't coming off squeaky clean from the beginning.

I think now she is being shown to be intentionally hurtful to Austin. She has been using him in a most cruel manner. Making a big deal out of kissing Austin in the pub in front of Rafe was not an honest action. Telling Austin he is the only man for her and she wants their marriage to work because she is upset with Rafe is a slam. Making unprotected love to Austin as he hopes for a family while she fantasizes about Rafe is nasty.

She may not be at lowest level of 'shit' that Sami has pulled, but she has been treating Austin like shit for quite a long time.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kyan

I've always liked Carrie. Never been really invested in who she was involved with in the past. My favorite story was the acid being thrown in her face and the dynamic with Sami hating her just because she is the pettier, smarter, older sister. I wish they had shown that more this time with Sami being jealous that Carrie is a Lawyer and plotting to ruin her career. I could see a spark with Rafe, but they should have had her come back without Austin to set up practice and have her right off confide in Marlena she's feeling unhappy with Austin, have her be attracted to Rafe fight that because he is still happy with Sami at that point and then Austen arrives and is more interested in his work than Carrie and likes the attention from his adoring students. The whole thing is a mess now with Nicole thrown in for added angst.

Caylee
Member Avatar

:flipoff: :flipoff: :puke: :puke: :puke:
that is all!

reagon

The issue with this story is a lot of the same as with the Jennifer story. These women are no longer young ingenues who make silly mistakes costing them their true loves or missing up their feelings. It makes someone in their 30s and 40s look stupid. Rafe also looks like an idiot. This is a man devoted to Sami who loved her yet has no problem scrapping all the bonds with her and her kids that he loved for a lustfest with Carrie.

There was an opportunity to do this right with Austins mistakes and Samis night of lust with EJto bring Rafe and Carrie closer as 2 wounded parties drawn together. Now it's just superficial and tacky. No different than Bradison or EJ and Taylor.

Cupcake06

reagon
May 11 2012, 01:15 PM
This is a man devoted to Sami who loved her yet has no problem scrapping all the bonds with her and her kids that he loved for a lustfest with Carrie.

I couldn't care less about Rafe/Sami, but yeah...that's dumb as hell.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
DraDeeDOESitBETTER best couple on DAYS

Cupcake06
May 10 2012, 06:31 PM
Kali
May 10 2012, 05:58 AM
Cupcake06
May 10 2012, 12:29 AM
Gawd, WHAT feelings?

When did this happen?

So stupid.
This has been going on for at least the past 5 months. It's not like they instantly developed feelings for each other. It grew organically out of them working together. IMO, although I prefer Racole, this is one story that makes sense and has been done well.

I wish Austin was staying. I'm really enjoying PM's work.
I didn't realize they had feelings for eachother, and I don't know what those feelings are or how they developed or why.

I think it could have made sense, and could have been done well.
cafe's "feelings"are pure LUST.....u know,to say u desire another woman's husband is nasty,so if u say "feelings"thats the nice way to put it :P i believe that carrie,is just attracted to rafe,why i dont know,when she has a devoted husband available for her 24/7.i dont think it even has to do with sami.Maybe carrie likes the fact that is "wrong"and excite her....something that austin apparently cant do anymore.Really poor guy.

daysfan20yrs
Member Avatar

This article makes me want to buy the mag just so I can rip it up. It really frustrates me the TPTB are trying to write Carrie/Rafe the rooting couple. They lack any really chemistry or passion. They are wrong, boring and disgusting on so many levels. Why bring back Carrie & Austin, who were once such a big popular couple back once again to throw them once again under a bus. PM & CC are great actors but they are given nothing great to work with. The writers go out of their way for people to dislike them. It really upsets me. PM & CC are what me a Days diehard fan back in 1993

klements

daysfan20yrs
May 12 2012, 08:52 AM
This article makes me want to buy the mag just so I can rip it up. It really frustrates me the TPTB are trying to write Carrie/Rafe the rooting couple. They lack any really chemistry or passion. They are wrong, boring and disgusting on so many levels. Why bring back Carrie & Austin, who were once such a big popular couple back once again to throw them once again under a bus. PM & CC are great actors but they are given nothing great to work with. The writers go out of their way for people to dislike them. It really upsets me. PM & CC are what me a Days diehard fan back in 1993
I feel like whatever spark Carrie and Austin had in the past is gone, so this whole pursuit of Rafe doesn't bug me too much. I agree with others that it should have been handled/written differently, but I won't be sad to see PM go. Wish they would keep CC, especially if we have to suffer through more Rafe in the future. I think there is chemistry between Carrie & Rafe, and I find them more watchable at this point then Carrie and Austin.

Helpless Romantic

mirabella
May 11 2012, 02:27 AM
Hamilton
May 10 2012, 03:27 PM
I can't wait for Rafe and Carrie to be OVER. It's been a distasteful story all the way through.

MarDar totally betrayed viewers by not staying true to the characters. I don't buy for a minute that Rafe would have no issues with his marriage dissolving and instead just happily switch sisters. :blink: I also don't believe when written in character that Rafe would so easily break-up family bonds in this way let alone dally with someone married. Carrie has been so cold and heartless stringing Austin along. She has a long hard-won history with this man and she repetitively has shown him no respect. She makes love to Austin and allows him to hope for a family instead of leaving him because Rafe isn't currently available? It's sick. Carrie is a selfish bitch and Rafe is a world class jerk. Way to destroy another set of beloved characters MarDar for a non-romance.

It's too bad MarDar weren't fired sooner. Their dirty mess is entering into the deepest part of the sludge now. The new writers have quite a task cleaning this up.

Amen to all you wrote. I can't wait for the scripts from the new/old writers to begin. As you said, they have a seemingly unsurmountable mess to clean up. August can't come soon enough for me!
Same here. Is it July yet? What MarDar were selling was utter BS. :puke:

jackjenfan
Member Avatar

This has to be utterly one of the worst stories Days has ever dished out. Carrie and Rafe are the biggest forced couple of all time, and just cheapens every character involved. I can't buy them together in a romantic way at all. The worst of it is we'll get an even biggger cheap reunion of Carrie and Austin before they are shipped out.

MissLola
Member Avatar

jackjenfan
May 12 2012, 07:03 PM
This has to be utterly one of the worst stories Days has ever dished out. Carrie and Rafe are the biggest forced couple of all time, and just cheapens every character involved. I can't buy them together in a romantic way at all. The worst of it is we'll get an even biggger cheap reunion of Carrie and Austin before they are shipped out.
Worse than Ejaylor?

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

I like Carrie and Rafe but hate how they are being written and Rafe's hostility towards Sami. It's painful watching Carrie and Austin at this point though. I've never liked Patrick Muldoon in the role. Maybe if Austin Peck was still playing Austin I'd feel differently.

outrageous
Member Avatar

If Cafe sailing into the sunset together gets rid of Rafe, then I'm all for it. I've never been a fan of either Carrie or Rafe, so I don't really care. I think they're perfect for each other too, both have always been portrayed as characters with no flaws.

Lil
Member Avatar

razorbacks78
May 10 2012, 07:13 PM
Im sorry who in the cast is covering for CC's "bad acting" cause even in this terrible s/l Christie has had some fantastic scenes. I guess we all see things differently, cause I didn't see her after him from day one, I saw her getting closer to him when she and Austin were on opposite sides of John's case. And Carrie cheating on Austin isn't right but until she pulls have the shit Sami has pulled in her life, then Carrie will always be better than Sami to me. Carrie isn't some evil person who plots and goes after others to intentional hurt them. When she drugs someone and has sex with them, when she claims her baby is another mans, and when she blackmails a doctor into telling sister can't have children then we'll talk being worse than Sami
I am with you. Carrie has been written pretty stupidly, but Christie has been pretty great most of the time.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply