Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dancing With the Stars: Is An All-Stars Edition Coming?
Topic Started: May 10 2012, 09:30 AM (345 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Dancing-Stars-News-1047213.aspx

Extra host Mario Lopez may have let the cat out of the bag last month on Live! With Kelly, but now Dancing With the Stars insiders are quietly buzzing about plans afoot to make next fall's show, Season 15, into Dancing With the Stars: All Stars.

"They're telling us it's going to happen," says one staffer, who couldn't hide his excitement over the fan favorites believed to be returning, including Lopez, Gilles Marini, Mel B., Sabrina Bryan and Kyle Massey.

According to the staffer, the casting would exclude mirror ball champions, which may come as a disappointment to Dancing co-host Brooke Burke Charvet, who won Season 7 (2008) and recently told talk show host Rachael Ray that she'd loved to be a part of an All-Star season. "100 percent yes!" said Charvet. "I haven't danced ballroom since I left. And being on the show, it just makes me want to dance again."

A spokesman for ABC, who would not confirm the plan, says the network is not ready to make any formal announcement. But another insider says that the names on the list make sense because they could conceivably fit the show into their schedules and are all still physically fit enough to compete. Bryan and Massey are in Las Vegas right now, performing in a three-month run of "Dancing With The Stars: Live In Las Vegas," at the New Tropicana Las Vegas.

The names also make sense when you consider the pairings with their old pro partners: Runner-up Lopez could dance again with Karina Smirnoff, assuming that they could put their former romance aside. Runner-up Mel B., who is co-hosting the Australian version of Dancing, could paso doble again with Maksim Chmerkovskiy. Runner-up Marini could wow the ballroom again with Cheryl Burke. Bryan could be vindicated for being voted out too soon by pairing up again with Mark Ballas. And runner-up Massey could cha-cha again with Lacey Schwimmer.

"It's better if the winners don't come back," says the insider, "because then, we have a cast of people who have another shot at the title."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

I can't tell you how much I want to see this happen. My picks based on "most likely" to happen and just off the top of my head, I know I'm forgetting others ....

Anna and Jerry Rice (although I'd love Evan too, this is a tough one)
Karina and Mario Lopez
Kym and Joey Fatone
Cheryl and Gilles Marini
Lacey and Kyle Massey
Mark and Sabrina Bryan (although I'd rather see Chelsea Kane, honestly)
Maks and Mel B. (or Laila Ali)
Tony and Melissa Rycroft (or Stacey Keibler), although I guess Marie Osmond could come back but she has a talk show this fall on Hallmark, so I don't know. It's nice when Tony gets a contender.
Derek and Lil Kim

I'd love it if Louis and Kelly Osbourne danced again.

If they could be lured back, I'd love to see Edyta make a return with either Joey Lawrence or Jason Taylor again, though I don't think Jason could obviously do a fall season.

Best part about this though is that they can focus on earlier celebrities and still have a huge slew of other more recent ones for a future all-stars as each pro has had several potential winners and/or memorable contestant.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

It would be interesting to see them with different partners though!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply