Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ABC Renews 'Happy Endings'
Topic Started: May 11 2012, 03:40 PM (353 Views)
Thomson
Member Avatar

ABC has renewed Happy Endings for a third season consisting of 22 episodes.

The ensemble comedy received not one but two votes of confidence from ABC topper Paul Lee, when it scored the plum post-Modern Family time slot this season and landed an additional six-episode order in October.

The series, starring Casey Wilson,Zach Knighton, Elisha Cuthbert, Damon Wayans Jr., Eliza Coupe and Adam Pally, ranks as the network's No. 2 scripted comedy this season, with showrunner David Caspe telling THR that he was cautiously optimistic the critical darling would earn a third season renewal. "Iím probably not freaking out as much as I should," he said after the mid-April season finale.
Happy Endings joins previously renewed comedies Suburgatory, Modern Family and The Middle at the network.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/abc-renews-happy-endings-323570
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Yes! Words cannot describe how much I adore this show.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

YES! Thanks for posting. So happy it got picked up. I was worried when we didn't see anything with the other shows ABC had already picked up.
Edited by Mateo, May 11 2012, 04:49 PM.

Mason

Thank God! And a full season order too (that's what I was really worried about)!

King
Member Avatar

Thank Gawd. Between this and Parks and Rec...best day ever.

But RIP Ringer.

Cupcake06

Hell yes! This show is frickin awesome!

I rarely laugh out loud at comedies and this and Modern Family have me doing that. It's amazing!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Ok, so in reading about Nikita's renewal some fans were saying a third season generally guarantees a fourth for syndication. So I'm hopeful that same logic would apply with Happy Endings, the funniest show on television.

I'm also hopeful they just air the episodes and don't do what they did with Cougar Town.

So awesome. I was bracing myself.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Yay!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply