Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ABC Renews Shonda Rhimes' 'Scandal' for Second Season
Topic Started: May 11 2012, 05:54 PM (345 Views)
Thomson
Member Avatar

ABC has renewed freshman drama Scandal for a second season.

The network gave the Kerry Washington-Tony Goldwyn D.C.-set political fixer drama the plum post-Grey's Anatomy time slot where it has performed well in its limited run.

The Shonda Rhimes drama, which bumped the prolific showrunner's Private Practice from its longtime home on Thursday nights, has for the most part held on to its Grey's lead-in viewership. The seven-episode first season has been a format Rhimes has said she enjoys.

"Season 1 feels like a British miniseries in that it's only seven episodes. "It feels more like State of Play than like a regular network show," Rhimes says. "The seven episodes work as a whole; we're telling a story in which there's a little bit of a cliffhanger at the end of every episode. When you leave at the end of the season, while you have a lot of questions that need to be answered, the larger part of the mystery or intrigue that was happening this season is finished."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/abc-renews-shonda-rhimes-scandal-323608
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

taylore
Member Avatar

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hell to the freaking yes,i flove Scandal like crazy.
Edited by Miss Rhi, May 11 2012, 06:24 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Well, apparently I'm going to have to start watching this. Especially since nearly everything else I currently watch in the hour long format is getting cancelled.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cupcake06

I'm fine with this.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Good ABC finally did something that made sense. LOVE LOVE LOVE this show as you can tell from my signature. :wub:

Daytime
Member Avatar

Hell to the Yeah!!!! This show is so freakin amazing, no words to describe it!!! :rockon:
Edited by Daytime, May 12 2012, 06:18 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply