Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for the Week of April 30 – May 4
Topic Started: May 11 2012, 07:44 PM (2,561 Views)
ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) Ratings Report for the Week of April 30 to May 4, 2012

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,293,000 (-152,000/-250,000)
2. B&B 3,111,000 (+73,000/+288,000)
3. GH 2,408,000 (+53,000/+29,000)
4. DAYS 2,331,000 (-52,000/+92,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.2/11 (-.1/-.1)
2. B&B 2.3/8 (same/+.3)
3. DAYS 1.8/6 (same/+.1)
3. GH 1.8/6 (same/same)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 851,000 (-22,000/-85,000)
2. B&B 722,000 (+37,000/+188,000)
3. GH 625,000 (+66,000/-36,000)
4. DAYS 508,000 (-18,000/-143,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.3/9 (-.1/-.1)
2. B&B 1.1/8 (same/+.3)
3. GH 1.0/6 (+.1/same)
4. DAYS 0.8/5 (same/-.2)

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/news/ratings-ghbb-up-for-the-week-2
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Gotta say I'm actually enjoying B&B and GH. I actually watch the entire episodes, no FF-ing. Can't say the same about Days & Y&R.

lysie
Member Avatar

Ha! It looks like GH just swooped in and took Days' viewers.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Can't say as I blame them. GT and CW have their work cut out for them.

MaterialGurl
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
May 11 2012, 08:08 PM
Can't say as I blame them. GT and CW have their work cut out for them.

You better believe that!

jtsahottie
Member Avatar
If I woke from a coma and Channing Tatum told me he was my husband... I'd Believe Him!

Sucks for Days. They have taken so long to make things better even with GT and CW from last time and they just can't seem to get it.
Edited by jtsahottie, May 11 2012, 09:14 PM.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

When you're taping for AUGUST and it's still May, there's a problem. When you write characters that fans aren't recognizing and those same fans HATE what this character has become-- there's a problem. My fear is that it may be too little too late for Days. I think that if you combine these two factors, you get a show that pretty much stinks and people aren't exactly happy to watch. I want to be hopeful for the new writers but at this point, I really do, I just don't think that anything they do will even help.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

They left Dena in there waaaay too long and instead of trying to get an experience soap scribe to replace her they got two hacks that can't put a story together.....so sad.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

With Days taping so far in advance, the new writers have about 6 months of story that will basically decide whether Days gets another renewal or not. Yes, KC waited too long for a change with Dena and then picked two people not familiar with head writing. So now Tomlin & Whitesell are under the gun to produce better ratings and fast.

lysie
Member Avatar

dc cubs
May 11 2012, 10:34 PM
With Days taping so far in advance, the new writers have about 6 months of story that will basically decide whether Days gets another renewal or not. Yes, KC waited too long for a change with Dena and then picked two people not familiar with head writing. So now Tomlin & Whitesell are under the gun to produce better ratings and fast.
Except that they can't do it fast because they're filming so far ahead. :shame:

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Y&R is going down, and for good reason!

jwsel
Member Avatar

Amazing that Days put four of its most recognizable characters in a life-or-death situation with John, Marlena, Bo and Hope and the bomb, building to a Friday cliffhanger, and that's the day that gets the lowest viewership. That says pretty much everything you need to know about how badly MarDar's writing sucks.

Paula
Member Avatar

I hope GH keeps going up.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

When they start writing for the GA and ignore the fanbases the show will suck! Get their noses out of the closet with re-runs and give the viewers something anything that will make them come back the next day and root for an amazing couple the show will never improve! Soaps have never been or will be about bed-hopping it doesn’t work! Most viewers want love in the afternoon with a couple they enjoy to watch! SL that makes sense and you want to talk about at the end of the day! TPTB should have cut MarDar off at the knees months ago they haven’t produced an exciting show since they started! Let alone sweeps month!

MissLola
Member Avatar

I enjoyed GH last week. Days sucked. The Safehouse story was boring. I dont think that this week will be much better.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

I agree about the B&B. I'm so getting hooked on that show. Well, my DVR collects dust at 1pm when DAYS airs. There's no way I'm watching that mess. The show never did recover with the reset, IMO. The blame doesn't fall on the actors, it falls on the writers. The characters are in place and they just deserved a damned good story. And if the show would gets its nose unstuck from a certain person's ass, it just might improve. But, if that doesn't happen, the show will stay in the crapper and stink with the rest of the shit.

Queen B
Member Avatar

I'm kind of hoping DOOL gets cancelled at this point. Would love to see some actors from that show come over to Y&R

jtsahottie
Member Avatar
If I woke from a coma and Channing Tatum told me he was my husband... I'd Believe Him!

Shick
May 11 2012, 11:53 PM
Y&R is going down, and for good reason!
IA don't get me wrong I still watch it despite... but some of the s/ls are so stupid.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Queen B
May 12 2012, 02:23 PM
I'm kind of hoping DOOL gets cancelled at this point. Would love to see some actors from that show come over to Y&R
I for one am not moving onto another soap if/when Days is cancelled. I tried that with AMC after Lindsay Hartley started over there and it's just too much effort to put into something that will be cancelled soon anyway.

Plus I love Days thru thick and thin and would never wish that on it. It's like wishing one of your relatives dead, just wrong.
Edited by blueskies, May 13 2012, 12:27 AM.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

When DAYS does decent, no responses really. When the show declines its all doom and gloom. Something I have noticed for a good year or so now. Although I do agree the Safe house has been quite the disappointment.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply