Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for the Week of April 30 May 4
Topic Started: May 11 2012, 07:44 PM (2,651 Views)
happy
Member Avatar

I've seen plenty of responses when DOOL does well in ratings. There was especially a lot of excitement and hope at the reboot.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

happy
May 13 2012, 09:57 AM
I've seen plenty of responses when DOOL does well in ratings. There was especially a lot of excitement and hope at the reboot.

The reboot was a big deal and DH tweet that DAYS was up like 50% or something along those lines caused a stir and excitement, at least from memory. DAYS haters come out of hiding when ratings go bad, and those same posters go missing when DAYS shows some gains.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

happy
Member Avatar

I was a Days Lover but now I'm a Days Hater. The show sucks and I'm not surprised the ratings suck. I wish the show would get better, but I don't have much hope for that anymore. NBC suits are in charge now. They don't care about the show's history. And it will only get worse.

I hope I'm wrong, but with the "new" old writing team - that's my prediction. I'm now getting sucked back into GH. Still too mob centric and silly, but I like the use of vets like Mac and interweaving of characters. DOOL could learn something from them.
Edited by happy, May 13 2012, 08:38 PM.

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

lysie
May 11 2012, 07:58 PM
Ha! It looks like GH just swooped in and took Days' viewers.
They've taken me. I'm not a Neilson Viewer or anything but GH has pretty much taken my soap watching hour from DAYs. I have a hard time getting motivated to watch my faves on DAYs these days and I can't wait to catch the latest GH episode daily. I'm glad GH seems to be doing better. Slow and steady. I hope it continues to do better since I'm enjoying it.

Taelyn

If Days could start writing acual ""STORIES"" instead of Scenes, and 3 day Plots It might have a shot.. Right now nobody cares about ANYTHING going on... Even Will, as interesting as his come out story was, has no Real story to look forward to...

What we have is really really shitty writing, ZERO Romance, and truly ZERO Drama !

If they dont create some compelling stories and stop depending on a Scene now and then.. Well .. Sadly it wont be fixable.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Kirk
May 13 2012, 04:58 AM
When DAYS does decent, no responses really. When the show declines its all doom and gloom. Something I have noticed for a good year or so now. Although I do agree the Safe house has been quite the disappointment.
Days is up from last year in total viewers - its not much, but its something.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply