Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SON Inside The Writers Room: May Edition; Tomlin & Whitesell's first writing staff changes
Topic Started: May 12 2012, 05:19 PM (3,798 Views)
MarvinPepper
Member Avatar

Oh great. Tomlin is bringing in more of his cronies and getting rid of more people with talent. What a mess. This show is on a downward spiral, sadly. At least last time fans were excited about the changes, this time around it's all doom and gloom.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dolly

I still care! Now how long that lasts depends on which direction the show bends.

Taelyn

Romancer66
May 16 2012, 11:29 PM
Oh, goody. Iacobuzio and Whitesell produced some truly horrendous stuff as interim headwriters for GH back in the mid '90s. Hearing they'll be working together on DAYS and that some of the better scriptwriters are being let go does not fill me with confidence. What a mess.
What stories or scripts did they write that were so bad ????

CarlD2

Compared to soaps today, their stuff wasn't bad, but at the time GH was seen as being of high quality, so they were a comedown. I think the biggest mistake was taking Pierce Dorman's murder, a story which had been about the Quartermaines, and turning it into Sonny and Brenda on the run from a man who leaves origami gum wrapper animals behind. They also had a story where Carly, who was pregnant and didn't know which man had fathered her child (this part was started before their material), drugged AJ to keep him quiet about their one night stand, and then dragged him out of her apartment in a laundry cart and made it look like he'd fallen off the wagon. What made this difficult to believe was that she was in the early stages of pregnancy when she dragged a grown, muscular man around to various locales, and yet there was no suggestion of strain on her pregnancy.

They also brought in a lady cop named V as a potential love interest for Jax, and they brought in Lizzie and Sarah Webber, Lizzie the bad and Sarah the good, love interests for Lucky and Nik.

Alexis began a desperate plan to keep Stefan and Katherine apart, to protect the Cassadine legacy.

A lot of the material wasn't really in their hands - the show had set up a Stefan/Katherine pairing, Genie Francis was not returning as Laura for quite a while (which meant Luke had nothing to do), the very popular Lucy Coe had just left for a spinoff, Maurice Benard was leaving and Brenda would be alone, and other stories like Carly being revealed as Bobbie's daughter were being dragged out until Guza came back.

I thought Whitesell's time at OLTL was a lot worse.

With that said, after MarDar, I would just be grateful for someone who can actually tell a story at all.
Edited by CarlD2, May 17 2012, 04:40 AM.

Lil
Member Avatar

ChampagneRiver
May 16 2012, 11:17 PM
Sony has updated the production credits page for DAYS here.

Looks like Lacey Dyer and Nancy Williams Watt are out as scriptwriters and Janet Iacobuzio is back in, as well as some other changes to the writing staff.
That's a shame. I like a lot of Lacey Dyer's scripts.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Matt
May 16 2012, 11:38 PM
I'm extremely pissed about Lacey Dyer being out because she has consistantly turned in solid & enjoyable scripts ever since I started keep track of who wrote what. IMO, this is a big loss for DAYS.
Are you fucking KIDDING me....Lacey Dyer was IMO the best scriptwriter they had.

Fucking Janet Iacobuzio is back...she is BEYOND atrocious....

This show is truly going to hell.

EDIT - Whoops wrong quote, sorry Matt...I 100% agree with you!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, May 17 2012, 11:30 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GBill

They actually edit scripts? Sounds more like they make it up as they go along. This news is no news.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply