Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC Fall 2012-2013 Lineup; 'Voice' in the fall, No 'Loser', 'Community' to Fri and more weird moves!
Topic Started: May 13 2012, 03:23 PM (3,603 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

Looks terrible. I have no idea what they were thinking with this :drunk:

Horrible all around and I predict it all to fail. Sorry NBC. Really shocked and disappointed in this schedule.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/NBC-Fall-TV-Schedule-1047196.aspx

Monday
8/7c: The Voice
10/9c: Revolution (New)

Tuesday
8/7c: The Voice
9/8c: Go On (New)
9:30/8:30c: The New Normal (New)
10/9c: Parenthood

Wednesday
8/7c: Animal Practice (New)
8:30/7:30c: Guys With Kids (New)
9/8c: Law & Order: SVU
10/9c: Chicago Fire (New)

Thursday
8/7c: 30 Rock
8:30/7:30c: Up All Night
9/8c: The Office
9:30/8:30c: Parks and Recreation
10/9c: Rock Center with Brian Williams

Friday
8/7c: Whitney
8:30/7:30c: Community
9/8c: Grimm
10/9c: Dateline

Sunday
7/6c: Football Night in America
8/7c: NBC Sunday Night Football

Sunday (post-football)
7/6c: Dateline
8/7c: Fashion Star
9/8c: Celebrity Apprentice
10/9c: Do No Harm (New)

NEW SHOWS
COMEDY
1600 Penn (midseason)
Animal Practice
Go On
Guys With Kids
The New Normal
Next Caller (midseason)
Save Me (midseason)

DRAMA
Chicago Fire
Do No Harm (midseason)
Hannibal (midseason)
Infamous (midseason)
Revolution
Edited by KMan101, May 13 2012, 03:24 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Where's The Biggest Loser?

Why is Rock Center still on the air? I get it's cheap but seriously?

And Community/Whitney are doomed on Friday. They are done folks. They won't get more than 3 million at the MOST and will probably barely register in the demo.

KMan101
Member Avatar

If this year was the warm up, next season will be the true test of NBC Entertainment chairman Bob Greenblatt's command at the troubled network. Greenblatt and his key lieutenant, NBC Entertainment president Jennifer Nicholson Salke, have ordered a whopping seven new comedies and five dramas.

NBC's marketing department is going to be busy this fall. The network will rely on its Summer Olympics coverage to launch some of those new shows, and hopes to use the power of The Voice to launch others. "We've got a lot of bricks for the new house that we're building," says one insider. Here's a short Q&A with Greenblatt about his plans for next year.

TV Guide Magazine: You showed restraint this season in waiting until January to bring back The Voice. Why air it again so soon in the fall?
Bob Greenblatt: This year was borne more out of not putting on the show in the fall so soon after it ended its first season. We were always thinking about having two cycles down the road, we just didn't want it too early. We wanted to expand the format, see how that played out, and we just feel like, how can we not deploy our strongest show in two cycles? Like every other reality show does.

TV Guide Magazine: What are some of the changes? Are all the judges returning for both cycles?
Bob Greenblatt: We've got deals with all the judges for the next two cycles. And we will be figuring out shortly about all their scheduling and touring and recording needs. Doing two cycles a year I think is not something they contemplated in first go round. So we've got to figure that out. But I'm hoping they'll all be back and we're going to continue to refine the show so we get the best version of it. We've got great changes afoot for the battle rounds and a number of episodes where you'll get to see the contestants perform week after week. We're talking about being really smart about further refining the format.

How is NBC's comedy strategy changing? Talk about the decision to open up Tuesday and Friday.
Bob Greenblatt: Comedy is king for me, it's the genre that everyone loves. These things go in waves but there is a big comedy boom now. We just had a great, great season of development with our comedy pilots. We have a new comedy team and certainly Jen Salke, our new president. They had a great year, and there are actually more pilots we're not picking up that that I could easily pick up.

TV Guide Magazine: You're already picking up quite a few though, looking at the volume of your orders. This is going to be a busy year for your marketing department.
Bob Greenblatt: But here's the thing, let's look at what you mean when you say "volume." There are only six new shows on the fall schedule. That's fewer than we had last year and certainly less than other networks have had in the past. And the way we're scheduling these, I think they have a fighting chance at succeeding. Certainly we'll spend an enormous amount of money marketing them. But the priority of those Tuesday night comedies [Go On and The New Normal] in the 9:00 hour come out of the lead-in of The Voice, which will give them a fighting chance. There's only two more comedies on the fall schedule [Animal Practice and Guys With Kids], and they are at 8:00 on Wednesday, where we've actually had some traction. They happen to be two shows that are very accessible, broad, big family comedy ideas. One of them through Jimmy Fallon and the other driven by a monkey that is probably going to be the most talked-about character on our new season. And then a drama and a strong lead-in on Monday behind The Voice for J.J. Abrams [Revolution] and a new Dick Wolf show [Chicago Fire]. We've got a lot of volume for midseason, but that hopefully will be deployed very intelligently as well. But for the fall, we were very smart. There are a lot of moves, but they have a lot of potential help with their lead-ins.

TV Guide Magazine: What's your report card on Smash? It's not on the fall schedule. How will it evolve with a new showrunner?
Bob Greenblatt: It is not on fall schedule primarily because were going to give a new drama The Voice lead in, that was just a given. When I look at the reality of getting this show delivered week in and week out without using a lot of preemptions, it just became a bad checkerboard of repeats and originals in the fall. And we decided, let's do what we did this year, a run of episodes, clear, no repeats and give it the opportunity to grow. Creatively I couldn't be more excited. We've got Josh Safran coming in [as new showrunner] and everyone else is still there. I think it will only improve in terms of storytelling.

TV Guide Magazine: What was your one note to Josh coming in to Smash?
Bob Greenblatt: It was, keep the essence of what we love about the show but we've got to tell more compelling, arced stories for the characters.

KMan101
Member Avatar

My reaction was initially harsh, LOL, but I do give them credit for trying. It just seems like they threw everything at the wall to see what stuck. Thursday looks horrid. It's sad how it will probably one of their lowest rated evening. ESPECIALLY with Rock Center on at 10. Really? On Thursday night. PRIME television?

Animal Practice and Guys with Kids will become the new Whitney/Community once they are axed, although Fri could keep them alive for a lot longer than Whitney should be. Community could be the little show that could.

I would have paired Grimm and Hannibal.

KMan101
Member Avatar

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/nbc-brass-on-amping-up-comedy-canceling-harrys-law-keeping-whitney-rock-center/

Alin89
Member Avatar

haha im so happy to not see the biggest loser. AS karma is a bitch. they should just end that show.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Apparently Betty White's Off Their Rockers was also renewed.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Revolution

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Go On

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

The New Normal

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Animal Practice

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Guys with Kids

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Chicago Fire

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Revolution looks AWESOME!

NBC is in a horrible position though, they have one successful show, they need to have some SOLID hits this fall especially since a lot of their mediocre shows are ending this year.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Shows like Animal Practice and Guys with Kids explain why NBC is in the toilet.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

The New Normal looks hilarious.

"I feel like I ate a black and gay stew right before I fell asleep."

Ellen Barkin :wub:

Revolution obviously looks well done, but I just don't think I can bring myself to get in to a high budget concept show like that again, especially on NBC or even network TV in general.
Edited by Mateo, May 14 2012, 03:57 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I can hear the announcer for the ad campaign now -- "The Revolution is NOT The Event..."

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Mateo
May 14 2012, 03:54 PM
Revolution obviously looks well done, but I just don't think I can bring myself to get in to a high budget concept show like that again, especially on NBC or even network TV in general.
I know how you feel, but I'll still check it out. Heroes, Lost, The Event, FlashForward etc. should have taught me better lol

New Normal is a must for me. And Go On could be funny too.

The rest I will pass on. There seems to be some good midseason stuff though.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'll definitely check out Next to Normal. That looks hysterical. I haven't checked videos of the others. I just think having two installments of The Voice is stupid. I understand using it to jump start new shows, but it's just going to be too much over exposure for the show. Also, for the life of me I can't see why they kept Whitney and Rock Center.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Kevc1980
May 14 2012, 06:52 PM
I'll definitely check out Next to Normal. That looks hysterical. I haven't checked videos of the others. I just think having two installments of The Voice is stupid. I understand using it to jump start new shows, but it's just going to be too much over exposure for the show. Also, for the life of me I can't see why they kept Whitney and Rock Center.
This is why NBC fails at everything...they get a good hit and they over expose it and rape it for all its worth, only to cancel it due to low ratings in the end because people are SICK of it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply