Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'30 Rock's' Final Season to End With Hourlong Episode
Topic Started: May 14 2012, 11:54 AM (460 Views)
Thomson
Member Avatar

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/upfronts-2012-30-rock-final-season-323964

NEW YORK -- NBC Entertainment president Robert Greenblatt on Monday confirmed that the newly announced seventh season of 30 Rock will be its last.

Speaking to Madison Avenue ad buyers at the network's upfront presentation in New York, the executive confirmed speculation that the upcoming shortened season would feature 13 episodes and be its last, culminating with an hourlong series finale.

"We think the world of Tina Fey and think she's a comic genius," Greenblatt said. "We hope she has a home at NBC for years to come."
The announcement comes a day after Greenblatt told reporters during a conference call that a decision had not yet been made on the whether or not the seventh season would be its last.

Despite awards-season recognition, the Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin Thursday night comedy has seen its ratings erode, like most broadcast fare, despite high-profile guest stars and a second live episode, which notched a 1.6 in the demo -- a far cry from the 3.1 mark for its 2010 live installment. Baldwin has been vocal about his status on the show, and the network confirmed he'd return for the final season.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

It will be missed but I think its time for it to go. Before it ends up like The Office.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I will miss 30 ROCK so much...it is my favorite comedy on TV...the mid-season start this year hurt it BIG time...but it has been nice getting a new episode every week though.

30 ROCK was just brilliant comedy...hope to see Tina Fey in something else soon.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I loved the season finale.

I know its better for the show to go out on a creative high, but only 13 episodes left... :(

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Season 6 was a massive dip in quality, so I'm good with this.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

^ Disagree

Season 6 was much better than Season 5.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I do think there was a dip in quality for season 6 but it came back to form in the last half of the season.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I wouldnt even say the last half was an improvment, by that point it felt more like desperation. The storylines were tired and te live show was a sloppy mess.

Why are they still doing this Paul and Jenna story after 3 years?
Why were the writing room characters sidelined for the whole year?

IMO, the season suffered from Tina Fey's pregnancy. Her head wasn't in it. Hopefully they pull out all the stops for these last 13.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply