Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ABC Fall 2012-2013 Lineup
Topic Started: May 15 2012, 10:32 AM (6,145 Views)
Mason

All times are Eastern.

Monday

8:00 Dancing With the Stars
10:00 Castle

Tuesday

8:00 Dancing With the Stars Results
9:00 Happy Endings
9:30 Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23
10:00 Private Practice

Wednesday

8:00 The Middle
8:30 Suburgatory
9:00 Modern Family
9:30 The Neighbors
10:00 Nashville

Thursday

8:00 Last Resort
9:00 Grey's Anatomy
10:00 Scandal

Friday

8:00 Shark Tank/Last Man Standing (in November)
8:30 Malibu County (in November)
9:00 Primetime: What Would You Do?
10:00 20/20

Sunday

7:00 America's Funniest Home Videos
8:00 Once Upon a Time
9:00 Revenge
10:00 666 Park Avenue

Midseason

The Bachelor (Mondays at 8 PM)
How to Live With Your Parents For the Rest of Your Life (Tuesdays at 8 PM)
The Family Tools (Tuesdays at 8:30 PM)
Body of Proof
Wife Swap
Mistresses
Red Widow
Zero Hour
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

I LOVE that I'm getting my dream Happy Endings/Don't Trust the B hour! It was a pretty obvious way to go, but still, good job, ABC.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I like Revenge on Sundays. My two "must see" shows (OUAT & Revenge) back-to-back is awesome! I think Happy Endings & Apt.23 back-to-back is a good move (and one that I really wanted, but didn't know how they'd do it). I find it interesting that they seem interesting in reviving something akin to TGIF with Last Man moving to Fridays. I think it could actually be a smart move to do their more family friendly sitcoms on Fridays. If it works, I bet The Middle will end up on Fridays next season. Its been so long since I heard about any of the proposed pilots that I forget what's what, but I think I'm looking forward to Nashville (and 666 Park Avenue based on the title alone).

Mason

Mason
May 15 2012, 10:34 AM
I LOVE that I'm getting my dream Happy Endings/Don't Trust the B hour! It was a pretty obvious way to go, but still, good job, ABC.
And now that I realize they've put Happy Endings up against New Girl -- which gets better ratings and probably shares a very similar audience even though I don't understand the appeal -- I'm sure I'm going to eat my words.

Oh, well. Happy Endings FTW.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I think they have a strong schedule, much like Fox, and one that makes sense. ABC also has strong midseason options. I don't see Last Resort doing well at all, but after OUAT became a surprise hit, it's possible it could hit.

I think LMS and Malibu Country will do fine on Fri. Smart move by ABC. I do worry about a stark drop in the ratings for LMS though.

Revenge at 9 on Sunday's after OUAT is brilliant. I really hope Revenge thrives and doesn't drop off. 666 Park Avenue after Revenge is a smart move, however, I would have had 666 after OUAT and then Revenge, it's a better flow, though I see why ABC did what they did.

I think they should move Castle to Tuesday's or Wednesday's and let a new drama get the cushy DWTS slot on Monday. I bet a soapy show would thrive there.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

ABC are so arrogant, they will destroy themselves with this schedule - their shows aren't strong enough to pull this off. And my favourite shows will be the casualtties no doubt :(

Sunday - Revenge will get crushed by Cable shows - they share the same audience. Families that watch OUAT will not watch Revenge. They most certainly did not watch DH - why would this be different?

666 Park Avenue doesn't appeal to me.

Monday - I suspect Castle will be the initial looser between H50 and Revolution. If Revolution is strong, Castle is toast.

Tuesday - I want to cry. My two best comedies Happy Endings/Apt 23 against New Girl/Mindy Project and against Go On/New Normal. I want to watch 5 out of the 6. I suspect all 6 share a similar audience. All 6 shows will be lowly rated :( Fuck you ABC for doing this.

Wednesday - over it. Thurday - Grey's squashed in between failure either side. Friday - they will do here.

Its like ABC decided to try crush NBC wherever potential for success existed on NBC's schedule. They are not CBS and will end up destroying both ABC and NBC shows leaving awful tv in its wake.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

OUAT and Revenge the same night,awesome.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I think Revenge to Sunday's is an excellent movie. But it creates a problem for me, I'm the viewer that watches all the Sunday cable shows- Walking Dead, Dexter, Homeland, Shameless, Mad Men, and Game of Thrones.

I actually think ABC has a pretty solid schedule. Tuesday night is going to be very interesting. NBC, ABC, and Fox all have great comedies on that night that I want to check out. I want New Normal to be a big hit though..

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
May 15 2012, 02:27 PM
I think Revenge to Sunday's is an excellent movie. But it creates a problem for me, I'm the viewer that watches all the Sunday cable shows- Walking Dead, Dexter, Homeland, Shameless, Mad Men, and Game of Thrones.
You're not the only one - hence bad idea...

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

666 Park Avenue

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Nashville

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Mistresses

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Malibu Country

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

The Neighbours

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

How to Live With Your Parents

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Zero Hour Trailer

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Last Resort Trailer

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Red Widow Trailer

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

The Family Tools Trailer

Edited by Southofsoap, May 15 2012, 04:04 PM.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
May 15 2012, 03:16 PM
Kevc1980
May 15 2012, 02:27 PM
You're not the only one - hence bad idea...
That said, there's no way I'm missing Revenge. I'll record the other shows at different times :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply