Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
CW Fall 2012-2013 Schedule; everything moves days/times exceptTVD
Topic Started: May 17 2012, 08:19 AM (3,074 Views)
King
Member Avatar

I know. It's so hard to tell with the CW, considering Hart of Dixie is one of the worst shows I've ever seen, yet got renewed. And Ringer got canceled. And Secret Circle which seem to be better shows and more popular. I would be shocked if B&B survived longer than a full season. I was so into it for the first 20 mins, but it kept getting worse.

I hope I don't eat my words, but Carrie Diaries will be a huge hit. I am 99% certain. I was expecting it to be awful. I was so shocked. It is funny, clever, inspiring, emotional, and true to SATC! I wasn't looking forward to it at all. I could see it being my favorite CW show ever. (I'm not really into CW shows usually though so I guess that's not saying too much.)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

I watch a couple of these shows. My favorite is Supernatural by far. Can't wait for season 8.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I wonder if the transforming beast is a cost-savings move. They don't have to keep him in full makeup all the time.

KMan101
Member Avatar

It could be a cost-saving effort.

That's a glowing review of Carrie Diaries. Almost makes me want to watch it, LoL and I've never been a SATC fan at allllll.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar

Fuck GG they ruined my dair ...they didn't even break them up....
Edited by Sonny_BrendaFan, May 27 2012, 02:09 PM.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i was starting to get sick of GG. When they left HS scene thats when things turned out to be a nightmare.

OTHGHFan6211

King
May 26 2012, 11:34 AM
I know. It's so hard to tell with the CW, considering Hart of Dixie is one of the worst shows I've ever seen, yet got renewed. And Ringer got canceled. And Secret Circle which seem to be better shows and more popular. I would be shocked if B&B survived longer than a full season.
Hart Of Dixie is the best show on THE CW. Its a cute and quirky show. Not to mention Zoe & Wade are effin' amazing.

Ringer was a terrible show, just way to soapy and The Secret Circle started out good and than it just became a mess.

King
Member Avatar

KMan101
May 27 2012, 01:19 PM
It could be a cost-saving effort.

That's a glowing review of Carrie Diaries. Almost makes me want to watch it, LoL and I've never been a SATC fan at allllll.
I Was expecting it to be awful.

You should check out the pilot, for sure!

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

It is crazy how they moved Supernatural to Fridays to kill it off, but it did so good there they are moving it back into the middle of the week. I wonder how long the show will continue it and ANTM are the last shows left that existed before the merger.

I am betting this is the last two cycles for ANTM, Tyra fired everyone and they have been hitting 04.'s and 0.3's on Wednesdays.

philip&stephanie

OTHGHFan6211
May 28 2012, 09:45 PM
King
I know. It's so hard to tell with the CW, considering Hart of Dixie is one of the worst shows I've ever seen, yet got renewed. And Ringer got canceled. And Secret Circle which seem to be better shows and more popular. I would be shocked if B&B survived longer than a full season.
Hart Of Dixie is the best show on THE CW. Its a cute and quirky show. Not to mention Zoe & Wade are effin' amazing.

Ringer was a terrible show, just way to soapy and The Secret Circle started out good and than it just became a mess.
I actually thought The Secret Circle started out poorly and got better towards the end. I thought the last four episodes were really outstanding.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

philip&stephanie
May 29 2012, 11:09 PM
OTHGHFan6211
King

I actually thought The Secret Circle started out poorly and got better towards the end. I thought the last four episodes were really outstanding.
I agree. TSC started out really slow but it had picked up by the end. I still think they could have picked a better lead for Cassie, but she had grown on me. I was really liking Shelly Henning too.

Ringer had it's flaws but it was fun and OTT. Definitely not SMG's best work but it was nice to have her on screen again. Hope this and her new baby don't keep her away for too long.

Heart of Dixie was a joke. No clue how that even got greenlit. It won't last next season.

OTHGHFan6211

Mateo
May 30 2012, 02:11 AM
Heart of Dixie was a joke. No clue how that even got greenlit. It won't last next season.
Hart Of Dixie has a loyal fanbase and it needs to continue for many seasons. I need Zoe/Wade on my screen. It's the next One Tree Hill for me.

They're the best couple on THE CW and television in general.

Posted Image Posted Image

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

from what I hear, claiming something is the next "One Tree Hill" isn't exactly a glowing compliment

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

philip&stephanie
I'm with you on that. Yeah, the lead actress had limited range and one of the castmembers couldn't hide an Aussie accent. But the last four were actually really well done, especially when compared to the others. Excluding the weird incestuous beach scene. That was...inappropriate.

I'm still surprised it got canceled. Maybe they shouldn't have effectively doubled their cast at the end of the season by hinting at 4 new witches coming to town.

philip&stephanie

Mateo
philip&stephanie
OTHGHFan6211
King

I agree. TSC started out really slow but it had picked up by the end. I still think they could have picked a better lead for Cassie, but she had grown on me. I was really liking Shelly Henning too.

Ringer had it's flaws but it was fun and OTT. Definitely not SMG's best work but it was nice to have her on screen again. Hope this and her new baby don't keep her away for too long.

I think the problem was that they focused way to much on Cassie and not enough on the other witches. I feel like they should have treated it as more of an ensemble cast instead of Cassie as the lead and the others supporting cast members the show would have faired better. I also really liked Shelley Hennig in her role as Diana, I was one of the few that loved in her in Days of Our Lives.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

OTHGHFan6211
May 30 2012, 08:50 AM
Mateo
Hart Of Dixie has a loyal fanbase and it needs to continue for many seasons. I need Zoe/Wade on my screen. It's the next One Tree Hill for me.

They're the best couple on THE CW and television in general.

Terry?

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

philip&stephanie
May 30 2012, 03:56 PM
I think the problem was that they focused way to much on Cassie and not enough on the other witches. I feel like they should have treated it as more of an ensemble cast instead of Cassie as the lead and the others supporting cast members the show would have faired better. I also really liked Shelley Hennig in her role as Diana, I was one of the few that loved in her in Days of Our Lives.
I think you're right, but imho the pacing is what did them in, especially since they followed Vampire Diaries. Any show that goes after VD has to accomplish a lot in an hour without exhausting itself, because VD moves quickly. I think Secret Circle suffered by comparison because they'd have 2 episodes dedicated to stuff the VD crew would be able to accomplish before the first commercial break.

Here's hoping whatever follows VD next year is able to keep up.

OTHGHFan6211

Hart Of Dixie is the most perfect show.

philip&stephanie

px780
Jun 1 2012, 12:58 PM
philip&stephanie
May 30 2012, 03:56 PM
I think you're right, but imho the pacing is what did them in, especially since they followed Vampire Diaries. Any show that goes after VD has to accomplish a lot in an hour without exhausting itself, because VD moves quickly. I think Secret Circle suffered by comparison because they'd have 2 episodes dedicated to stuff the VD crew would be able to accomplish before the first commercial break.

Here's hoping whatever follows VD next year is able to keep up.
I agree, but I also think because it was the first season it definately needed to have a slower pace just so they audience could kind familiarize itself with the characters and the storylines. But there were definately episodes where it went entirely to slow especially the first half of the season. I think the pacing did pick up towards the end of the season, and had their been a second season I definately thing it would have had a much faster pace.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

I plan to check out arrow and beauty and the beast, but after hearing the scathing reviews on here by one poster, I will see if I will continue to watch after the first episode. Nonetheless, Arrow looks good.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply