Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Glass House; Premieres June 18th on ABC
Topic Started: May 18 2012, 12:04 AM (4,434 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

'The Glass House' to premiere June 18th on ABC

The ABC Television Network is not one to sit back and lose their viewing audience during the summer to their Network rivals CBS. During the summer months the television programming is often hit or miss but there is always one show that consistently breaks the viewer ratings, that show is CBS’s Big Brother Reality TV Show!

In an attempt to tape into America’s love of Reality TV shows, ABC has scheduled the launch of their very own reality TV show that has striking similarities to CBS’s Big Brother series. ABC announced that on June 18th, 2012 their Reality TV show “The Glass House” will première.

The show will feature 14 contestants that will be hand-picked by the shows producers, where they will live in a fully wired house. They will compete to be the last person standing to win the $250,000 grand prize. The twist of this new show is that the audience will have an opportunity to get fully involved in the game by voting on which contestants to send home, and which lucky contestants get a second chance to return to the game. The viewers will be able to vote through ABC’s social media avenues such as Facebook and Twitter. ABC is trying to engage the audience by getting them to vote on what the contestants wear, eat, what games they play, and where they sleep.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

ABC’s “The Glass House” Frequently Asked Questions

Here is the inside scoop on what to expect from ABC’s New Reality TV Show “The Glass House”. The Glass House is set to première on June 18th, 2012, where 14 contestants will compete in weekly challenges to gain the admiration and votes of the viewing public for the chance to win $250,000.

About “The Glass House”
On the premiere, 14 contestants will enter the house and compete in challenges that America will be deciding what happens in the house. Every week one contestant will be evicted from the house, where the last contestant remaining in the house wins the $250,000.

What choices will America get to make?
The viewing audience will get the opportunity to vote on a number of things that affect the contestants in the house. America will have the power to decide who goes and who stays, in addition to controlling other things such as what the contestants eat, what they wear, where they sleep. Most importantly America will also get the chance to vote to decide who returns to the house after being evicted.

How will a contestant be removed from the house?
Following the loss of a challenge the losing team’s captain and another team member from the losing team that the house votes on will go into “LIMBO”.

What is “LIMBO”?
“LIMBO” is a section of the outside area of the house where the two contestants will go until one of them is permitted to re-enter the house.

How are Team Captains chosen?
The two contestants with the lowest votes from the viewing public will be chosen as the team captains for the week.

How can a contestant return to the house?
The viewing public decides by voting on who they want to return to the house. America has all the power to decide who returns and who doesn’t.

What happens to the contestant that America does not pick to return to the house?
The contestant that is not chosen to return to the house will be eliminated from the game permanently.

How many television episodes will air of “The Glass House”?
The Glass House will air 10 television episodes during the first season of the reality show.

How will I be able to decide what happens in the house?
You will be able to manipulate a number of events in the house through a Live Stream Voting System, Daily Voting and also by picking your favorites in the house.

Live Stream Voting, what is it?
Live Stream Voting allows you the real-time ability to influence the events in the house during the live stream.

Daily Voting, what is it?
Daily Voting will allow the viewing public to vote on a number of events that influence the house throughout the day, including being able to vote on who should return from “LIMBO”. The results of Daily Voting will impact the television episodes.

What is the reason for voting for favorites?
As the viewing public you will be able to vote for as many or on as few of the contestants as you would like to remain in the house. At the conclusion of the voting period, the two contestants with the least amount of votes will become the team captains for that week’s challenges.

How often does the Live Stream occur?
Monday for 4 hours from 8pm to 12am (PST) and again from Tuesday – Thursday at 12pm (PST)

How do I audition to be on “The Glass House”?
ABC casting directors will be doing a nationwide search for “dynamic, competitive, energetic and outgoing individuals with audition held in Los Angeles, Pheonix, Austin, and Boston.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Only 10 episodes? I guess it's a trial run maybe :shrug:

Kenny
Member Avatar

Rick
May 18 2012, 12:13 AM
Only 10 episodes? I guess it's a trial run maybe :shrug:
Yeah, that's kind of disappointing. I don't think 10 episodes means it will be a short season though. One episode a week for 10 weeks gives the show a 2 1/2 month long run -- about the same as Big Brother. There just won't be 3 episodes a week and we won't get to watch the feeds very often.

Alin89
Member Avatar

just saw the commerical for glass house and it looks good.

Alin89
Member Avatar

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Now, I'm getting excited. Hopefully it's a breath of fresh air after the last few seasons of BB

Alin89
Member Avatar

i wanna watch this badly. BB has be disappointing me lately also BB is too rigged and I hate that. BB needs to let go of Grodner.

Alin89
Member Avatar

does anybody have the pics of the house?

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

The cast has been released. http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-glass-house/bios

Pretty bland type of cast, however, Erica & Robin are hilarious.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alin89
Member Avatar

i wanna see pictures of the house.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

darraholic
Jun 4 2012, 11:25 PM
The cast has been released. http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-glass-house/bios

Pretty bland type of cast, however, Erica & Robin are hilarious.
TFP!

First impressions,

Alex - EWWW, omg just no. He rubbed me the wrong way in his clip, LOL what a douche.

Andrea - Seems like one of those fake, bland & boring bitches. Horrible combo! Found her highly annoying.

Apollo - :wub: Liked him.

Ashley - Found her kinda boring in her clip but she seems like she could be fun & hilarious.

Erica - LMAO! Loved her attitude & outlook on things, she is funny ;P

Gene - Just no. So cocky & annoying

Jacob - :eyeroll:

Jeffrey - Total queen, could either be really fun or really annoying.

Joy - Boring

Kevin : :wub: :wub: But he could be boring if he doesn't loosen up.

Melissa - Loved her energy and I see myself enjoying her

Mike - He's one of those obnoxious, smarmy, proud dads. Didn't like him in his clip. LOL

Robin - LOVE!!

Stephanie - Not sure about her

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

LOL I love how Erica rants about how she hates people who say "you either love me or you hate me", and then the next clip Gene's just like "you either hate me or you love me". Lol! I can't wait to see those two interact!

ETA: Erica's going to hate half of the house, hahaha!
Edited by NocturnalBlondie, Jun 5 2012, 05:11 AM.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Jacob: "I've been preparing myself for 10 years to be on TV."

Get a life. LOL!

King
Member Avatar

It might be a lot like BB1, which is not a good thing, but hey, it's something to watch.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie
Jun 5 2012, 05:05 AM
LOL I love how Erica rants about how she hates people who say "you either love me or you hate me", and then the next clip Gene's just like "you either hate me or you love me". Lol! I can't wait to see those two interact!

ETA: Erica's going to hate half of the house, hahaha!
Lol!!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I am pretty excited for this show...

Its almost like we are getting 2 Big Brothers in one summer.

This is definitely going on the DVR :)

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

So, umm what happened to the Melissa chick? Why was she replaced?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

I'm going to check this show out. Last season was my first one watching Big Brother and I really liked it (was rooting for Danielle). This seems pretty cool as well.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Holy shit. Have you guys seen what the house looks like?!

Spoiler: click to toggle

Hopefully if this show is a success it'll light a fire under Grodner's ass and she'll actually put some effort into Big Brother. The house decor alone blows BB out of the water.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply