Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Glass House; Premieres June 18th on ABC
Topic Started: May 18 2012, 12:04 AM (4,515 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

LoL CBS lost.

Judge denies CBS's effort to stop 'Glass House'

A Los Angeles federal judge said Friday that he was inclined to deny CBS's effort to stop ABC's "Glass House" in advance of its debut on Monday.

U.S. District Court Judge Gary Allen Feess said at the start of a hearing that he was "not persuaded" that CBS's claims of copyright infringement and theft of trade secrets.

CBS claims "Glass House" is a ripoff of "Big Brother." It is seeking a temporary restraining order to halt the show.

http://www.variety.com/ar...118055543.html?cmpid=RSS|News|TVNews&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alin89
Member Avatar

cbs r a bunch of idiots.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

That is one mighty sexy house - its like they are setting the atmosphere for serious housemate bonding :P

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Well, the show was just okay. Alex is a shitty "villain". He is a douche bag that is trying to hard. I can see him being voted to stay though, the rest of them seem pretty dull.

I wonder why that one guy dropped out already? He couldn't take being up for elimination? What a baby.

I watched a little bit of the feeds before. It was boring. They were making cakes and the voice was telling them to each tell the viewers what they were doing 5 years ago. I listed to a few of them and turned it off.

Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

I watched it. It wasn't bad, but not great either. Joy is my favorite so far I think.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Meh, it's a struggle just to pay attention.

King
Member Avatar

Well, I definitely don't think it's as good as BB, to be honest. Not even close. LOL.

But I am going to stick with it for a while. :)

I can't remember many of the people. I like Erica.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

I kinda loved the show...I thought it was fun & entertaining!

LMAO at Jacob quitting the show...ABC is TOTALLY pimping out Alex as the epic villain of the show who viewers will love to hate or just flat out hate. I found that whole villain schtick from Alex very manufactured and forced! I have to admit I laughed at him a few times though (out of enjoyment), the guy is hilarious. LOL. But a total douche. I think he's entertaining but could get old FAST.

Kevin :wub:

Robin :wub:

:lol: at the voice of the show. I forget exactly how she said it but I LOL'd when she said something like "Jacob, you are up for elimination. Sad."

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

My favorite part was the beginning with the announcer going "THE SHOW THEY DIDN'T WANT YOU TO SEE".

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

darraholic
Jun 19 2012, 02:45 AM
My favorite part was the beginning with the announcer going "THE SHOW THEY DIDN'T WANT YOU TO SEE".
LMAO!!

I was shocked the show was in HD. Amazing house & cameras, BB might need to step it up a notch. Really eager to see how the ratings were for this show, I'll be sad if it fails.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

Eh, it was "okay". I wonder if they'll closely monitor personal facts, nudity, challenges, etc. like they do with BB live feeds.

Gene's definitely my favorite, so far.

Alex is a douche. And very full of himself. And I'm sorry... I couldn't help but laugh when he said, "I asked America, and they told me they want me to be the most epic and entertaining reality contestant EVER in the HISTORY of the WORLD"................. :mellow:

Already, Alex and Mike are my 2 least favorites. Not sure why, but I also don't like Kevin for some reason.

I also wonder why Jacob quit... I really liked him.

LMAO at lame-o Ashley wearing a Mardi Gras mask into the house.

Jeffrey's already insanely annoying to me. (I will NOT comment on the hot tub scene...)

In case you all didn't catch on to it during the show... apparently, the contestants are allowed to tweet? The show has set up Twitter accounts for everyone... @TGH(insert name)

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Jacob: "I'm streets smart, not common-sensed smart"

I think I'll miss that guy. LOL

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

I'll probably keep up with a few more episodes, but I was pretty bored throughout. I also heard that they don't stay in the house 24/7. Each weekend they leave and go to sequester back at the hotel.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Actor87
Jun 19 2012, 03:12 AM
Eh, it was "okay". I wonder if they'll closely monitor personal facts, nudity, challenges, etc. like they do with BB live feeds.

Gene's definitely my favorite, so far.

Alex is a douche. And very full of himself. And I'm sorry... I couldn't help but laugh when he said, "I asked America, and they told me they want me to be the most epic and entertaining reality contestant EVER in the HISTORY of the WORLD"................. :mellow:

Already, Alex and Mike are my 2 least favorites. Not sure why, but I also don't like Kevin for some reason.

I also wonder why Jacob quit... I really liked him.

LMAO at lame-o Ashley wearing a Mardi Gras mask into the house.

Jeffrey's already insanely annoying to me. (I will NOT comment on the hot tub scene...)

In case you all didn't catch on to it during the show... apparently, the contestants are allowed to tweet? The show has set up Twitter accounts for everyone... @TGH(insert name)

Jeffrey was one of the few I actually found likeable. So many are just blah...

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mateo
Jun 19 2012, 05:29 AM
I'll probably keep up with a few more episodes, but I was pretty bored throughout. I also heard that they don't stay in the house 24/7. Each weekend they leave and go to sequester back at the hotel.
I heard that too. That's probably how they were able to afford such a nice looking house. The crew is only paid for five days of work and the prize at the end is only $250,000. That's quite a bit of cash saved.

The premiere was pretty boring. I definitely prefer the setup of Big Brother to this show. The way they vote to evict is ridiculous, LoL.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

This show is DOA IMO...the cast is boring...Alex being a "villain" is so manufactured.

Big Brother has nothing to worry about with this one.

I also think it is very shitty for the show to have only 1 showing a week..big mistake IMO.

I will continue to check it out in hopes of it getting better...but my expectations are very low now.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

I don't know how I feel about this show, it was rather boring to me, but I will give it another chance.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

Ratings:
http://tvline.com/2012/06/19/ratings-glass-house-premiere-true-blood-week-2/

and TVLine's take on it all:
http://tvline.com/2012/06/19/the-glass-house-series-premiere-recap/

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

darraholic
Jun 19 2012, 12:21 AM
Meh, it's a struggle just to pay attention.
I felt the same way. The computer voiced woman telling them what to do and etc was pretty annoying and stupid sounding too.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Absolutely PATHETIC ratings

4.2 million viewers and a 1.6 in 18-49....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply