Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Charles Shaughnessy last airdate May 23rd; May 28th issue
Topic Started: May 18 2012, 12:43 AM (2,427 Views)
Ellie

In the "comings and goings" section:

Who's going: Charles Shaughnessy: The ISA superspy, who came back for a brief run, last airs on May 23. "There is a scene where I believe in the middle of the craziness, and trying to bring Stefano down, Roman says to Shane, 'I'm just going to HQ to check on a couple of things. You want to come with me?'" previews Shaughnessy. "Shane answers yes and that is the last you see of Shane. It happens. [Laughs]. When I first came on the show, they told me that one of the Hortons, I can't remember who it was, but apparently one of the Hortons went to get some extra bedding in the attic and came down 20 years later fully grown."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

I had never seen CS prior to this run. He is great! Sad he is leaving so quickly.

Keith
Member Avatar

I'm sure Kim will be glad that he is home. ;)

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

I love CS and Shane, but they've used him so badly and in such a worthless storyline, what was the point of him returning? i hope he can come back someday for a real purpose.

Tommy's still up in the attic. Or his skeleton. :-/

Keith
Member Avatar

ChampagneRiver
May 18 2012, 12:50 AM
I love CS and Shane, but they've used him so badly and in such a worthless storyline, what was the point of him returning? i hope he can come back someday for a real purpose.

Tommy's still up in the attic. Or his skeleton. :-/

Nah, they sent Tommy to Hawaii years ago. :lol: This was after they sent him up into the attic ;)

tylerbo20

yeah tommy was in the attic or did he go to hawaii i cant remember nobody talks about him they should bring back more Hortons

jwsel
Member Avatar

nickyj12345
May 18 2012, 12:46 AM
I had never seen CS prior to this run. He is great! Sad he is leaving so quickly.
Do yourself a favor and watch some of the old Shane/Kim stuff on YouTube. Most of their run is available, though some of their early scenes were in an account that got deleted. The late-1984 through early-1987 Shane/Kim storylines really are great. Shane was such a major player during that period (and into the early 1990s), and his friendships with Bo, Hope, John, and Marlena were really well-established. Not to mention that Victor was originally written to be Shane's adversary. The show really blew a great opportunity by not having Shane and Victor interact during the memorial. They had so much history and bad blood.

Marlene

He'll be missed.........again.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

So, Don Craig goes to get the mail and Shane goes to headquarters-- anyone upstairs that hasn't come down say in a decade or so?? ;)

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Poor Charles.

He has come back twice in the past couple of years and both storylines were dogs. I will never forgive Dena Higley for making the great Shane Donovan, a true hero, second fiddle to a lunkhead like Rafe. This time it was this tired, hackneyed "adventure" story that held absolutely no surprises or drama.

However, it's always great to see CS.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I am going to miss Shane, he is a good actor.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Shane is a amazing character with so much history. It is a shame that he didn't get more to do than stand there and give expository dialogue. It would have been great to give him a scene with Victor as a nod to their dark history.

reagon

I am not a fan of bringing people back just because with no purpose. At least his last return had one. CS is a decent actor but his return served no purpose. The money spent on his return could have been used elsewhere. No wonder Corday got his hand slapped.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

What a waste. I thought his last return was a lot more fun. When he was in the prison with Rafe there was some cute humor Shane played perfectly and some actual action with fighting the guards. Plus we had Kim too and a focus on their relationship. This safe house stuff was completely lame all the way round.

Hopefully Tomlin will come up with another story down the line to really showcase the greatness of Shane.

ProphecyGirl

Love, love Shane (and Kim). But they wasted CS on an awful storyline.

JoeBucs32

Kayla is another one that they brought back without a purpose. A doctor working at the pub? Really?

And, yes, they need to bring back more Hortons....

tiki_girl
Member Avatar

You should watch the latest episode of The Bay for and big CS breakdown scene. (I hate to admit that I chuckled throughout, from never having seen CS ever get so emotional before, but it's worth watching if your a fan of his work.)

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I love CS but agree this return was a waste. His last return was better because Shane got scenes with Kimberly.

esp13
Member Avatar

I didn't think his return was a waste at all. One of the things I love about soaps is that you can bring back characters for a limited run. I always love seeing a familiar face from the past. That doesn't mean I don't wish he was staying longer or that he had a chance to do more. But I don't view it as a waste at all. I was very glad to see Shane again and I'll be just as happy if they decide to bring him back later.

lysie
Member Avatar

esp13
May 18 2012, 09:29 AM
I didn't think his return was a waste at all. One of the things I love about soaps is that you can bring back characters for a limited run. I always love seeing a familiar face from the past. That doesn't mean I don't wish he was staying longer or that he had a chance to do more. But I don't view it as a waste at all. I was very glad to see Shane again and I'll be just as happy if they decide to bring him back later.
I don't think it was a waste either. It was a stupid story, but Shane's involvement made perfect sense.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply