Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Ratings for Week of May 7-11
Topic Started: May 18 2012, 02:36 AM (2,127 Views)
ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) - Ratings Report for the Week of May 7-11 2012

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings
(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,319,000 (+26,000/-311,000)
2. B&B 3,062,000 (-49,0000/+272,000)
3. GH 2,442,000 (+34,000/+71,000)
4. DAYS 2,434,000 (+103,000/-55,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.2/11 (same/-.1)
2. B&B 2.3/8 (same/+.3)
3. GH 1.9/6 (+.1/+.1)
4. DAYS 1.8/6 (same/-.1)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 864,000 (+13,000/-18,000)
2. B&B 673,000 (-49,000/+174,000)
3. GH 643,000 (+18,000/+1,000)
4. DAYS 544,000 (+36,000/-145,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.3/9 (same/same)
2. B&B 1.1/7 (same/+.3)
3. GH 1.0/7 (same/same)
4. DAYS 0.9/6 (+.1/-.1)

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/news/ratings-daysghyr-up-in-women-18-49-total-viewers
Offline Profile Goto Top

Thomson
Member Avatar

DAYS
Monday: 2.0/2,689,000
Tuesday: 1.8/2,531,000
Wednesday: 1.8/2,360,000
Thursday: 1.9/2,326,000
Friday: 1.7/2,262,000
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

As always, the stunt paid off well for Days, but they couldn't maintain. Of course it only took one day this time. They usually get a good week. They really screwed up having the reveals happen so quickly.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

That negative 145,000 in W18-49 is what will do this show in. Thats 21% less than last year.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

lysie
May 18 2012, 07:13 AM
As always, the stunt paid off well for Days, but they couldn't maintain. Of course it only took one day this time. They usually get a good week. They really screwed up having the reveals happen so quickly.
The other thing that's getting them is the 3 month lead time. This is still MarDar, and if they actually could react to the ratings, this might have worked out ok for them. But now it's too late for them, and the new writers aren't going to have any time to tweak things to adjust to the ratings either.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lastDays
Member Avatar

To sum up the latest Days ratings : Last in total viewers,no women 18-49 are watching. Add it up and it spells out Days is th e next soap to be canned
Edited by lastDays, May 18 2012, 09:44 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

lastDays
May 18 2012, 09:43 AM
To sum up the latest Days ratings : Last in total viewers,no women 18-49 are watching. Add it up and it spells out Days is th e next soap to be canned
You'd think, but I still fully expect days to outlast GH.
Online Profile Goto Top

Cerulean
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
May 18 2012, 07:24 AM
That negative 145,000 in W18-49 is what will do this show in. Thats 21% less than last year.
The only upside for Days is that current demos are exactly the same as they were week between Christmas and New Year's - usually the highest of the year. Considering how little of note is happening onscreen, that's an accomplishment I suppose. But Tomlin and Whitesell are going to need to hit the ground running in July and Days needs to stop shooting three months in advance. :toetap:
Offline Profile Goto Top

MaterialGurl
Member Avatar

Anybody remeber what all went on last week for Days? I know Monday the surviors were revealved to be alive and Wednesday was the memorial. But what went on Friday? For the life of me I can't remember?
Edited by MaterialGurl, May 18 2012, 06:44 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

Quote:

But what went on Friday?
Friday ("Compromising Position")
Will comes to the wrong conclusion about Sami's actions; Marlena is distraught by John's idea; Lexie's conditition takes its toll on Abe.

Think about it: 145,000 more women 18-49 were watching Higley's Spring Festival of Suck starring Tayho than watched last week.

Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

ChampagneRiver
May 18 2012, 07:25 PM
Quote:

But what went on Friday?
Will comes to the wrong conclusion about Sami's actions; Marlena is distraught by John's idea; Lexie's conditition takes its toll on Abe.

Think about it: 145,000 more women 18-49 were watching Higley's Spring Festival of Suck starring Tayho than watched last week.

Amazing and unbelievable, isn't it? Shows you just how horrible Mardar was and how badly they've fucked up this show.

Good luck to Tomlin and Whitesell. They better not waste one bit of time getting the show turned around.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Eh. If Higley had stayed, it'd probably be lower.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Higley was worse and always will be. MarDar was a failure, but Higley was much worse. No one will ever convince me otherwise. Its the only time in the history of DAYS that I stopped watching for more than a month without even reading recaps or spoilers.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
May 18 2012, 09:32 PM
Higley was worse and always will be. MarDar was a failure, but Higley was much worse. No one will ever convince me otherwise. Its the only time in the history of DAYS that I stopped watching for more than a month without even reading recaps or spoilers.
Agreed. I didn't watch 2007-2009 besides the occasional eppi but when I came back during Higley, I wished I had watched those years instead! Mardar were certainly not the saviors everyone thought, but Higley is still far, far worse.
Online Profile Goto Top

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

There isnít one thing that MarDar did that is memorable! They totally destroyed the show! I canít say I have enjoyed one day of their writing, but some of Higley stuff I enjoyed! And the ratings will continue to suck until Tom/Sell take over!
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

lovinsafe
May 19 2012, 08:28 AM
There isnít one thing that MarDar did that is memorable! They totally destroyed the show! I canít say I have enjoyed one day of their writing, but some of Higley stuff I enjoyed! And the ratings will continue to suck until Tom/Sell take over!
They did the shitty vow renewal that you use for your picture. I guess you enjoyed something.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
May 18 2012, 08:58 PM
ChampagneRiver
May 18 2012, 07:25 PM
Quote:

But what went on Friday?

Amazing and unbelievable, isn't it? Shows you just how horrible Mardar was and how badly they've fucked up this show.

Good luck to Tomlin and Whitesell. They better not waste one bit of time getting the show turned around.
The show is soooo boring. The drama is anything but. MarDar had a golden opportunity and they blew it from the get go. Everything feels flat and the characters lack any depth or direction to pull us in. I'm ready to give Tomlin/Whitesell a chance because I want this show to succeed. I have to keep hoping better stories are coming.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Locked Topic