Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ABC airs 2012 Billboard Music Awards; 2012 Billboard Music Awards
Topic Started: May 19 2012, 04:04 PM (495 Views)
lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

This year’s Billboard Music Awards, set for Sunday night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, will be quite the star-studded affair. The telecast, which will air on ABC, will feature performances from Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Justin Bieber, LMFAO, The Wanted, Nelly Furtado, Usher, Linkin Park and Chris Brown.

In addition, Katy Perry will be debuting a new song, “Wide Awake,” on the telecast, and Whitney Houston will be posthumously honored with the Billboard Millennium Award. Jordin Sparks and John Legend will perform a tribute to Whitney, and her daughter Bobbi Kristina and sister-in-law, Pat Houston, will be on hand to accept the award.

As if that weren’t enough, Stevie Wonder will also be be presented with the prestigious Icon Award during the ceremony and will be saluted with an all-star tribute during the show.

Of course, there also will be some awards handed out — lots of them, since Billboard has so many different charts. Adele, LMFAO, Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Lil Wayne are the top nominees for the awards, with Adele leading the pack as a finalist in 18 award categories, including Top Artist, Top Female Artist and Top Billboard 200 Artist. LMFAO are finalists in 17 categories, while Rihanna is nominated in 13 categories and Lady Gaga and Lil Wayne are each nominated in 10 categories.

Taking a look at just a few of the top categories, the nominees for Top Artist overall are Adele, Gaga, Wayne, Katy Perry and Rihanna. The nominees for Top Billboard 200 album are Adele’s 21, Michael Buble’s Christmas, Lady Gaga’s Born This Way, Drake’s Take Care and Lil Wayne’s Tha Carter IV. The nominees for Top Billboard Hot 100 song are “Rolling in the Deep,” “Party Rock Anthem,” “Give Me Everything,” “Moves Like Jagger” and “E.T.”

Competing for Top Female Artist are Adele, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Rihanna and Nicki Minaj. The Top Male Artist category pits Bruno Mars and Chris Brown against Drake, Justin Bieber and Lil Wayne.

The nominees for Top Duo/Group are Coldplay, Lady Antebellum, LMFAO, Maroon 5 and The Black Eyed Peas, and the Top New Artist nominees are Foster the People, Wiz Khalifa, Big Sean, Scotty McCreery and Bad Meets Evil, featuring Eminem and Royce da 5’9.

Presenters at Sunday night’s awards include Taio Cruz, Gavin DeGraw, Gladys Knight, Natasha Bedingfield, Julianne Hough and actor Jeremy Sisto. The show will be hosted by Modern Family stars Julie Bowen and Ty Burrell.

The 2012 Billboard Music Awards air Sunday night at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.

2012 Billboard Awards

Edited by lightandday, May 19 2012, 04:06 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I hate the Billboard Awards because they are based on peak positions/sales, and if you pay attention to the charts you already know the winners. Adele will win every category she's nominated in. That being said, I'll still be watching LOL

wiggleworm
Member Avatar

Adele deserves to win every category she's nominated in. She's a goddess. It's an insult the likes of Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, and Lady Gaga are even nominated next to her name.

Hopefully Lady Gaga gets shut out and has to "photobomb" the cameras cause everyone ignores her.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

^ That's the only reason I'm watching. Has anyone read if she will even be there? I can't believe she's not performing :(

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Rick
May 19 2012, 10:15 PM
I hate the Billboard Awards because they are based on peak positions/sales, and if you pay attention to the charts you already know the winners. Adele will win every category she's nominated in. That being said, I'll still be watching LOL
Gosh AGREE, I couldn't have stated it any better & like you I will still be watching :laugh: ... I hoping Adele will be their she has 18 nominations damn least she can do is show up unless she's touring/performing somewhere else.

Last time I enjoyed a performance was 2006, my girl J.J TORE IT UP!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply