Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Confidential: Summer Blind Items
Topic Started: May 20 2012, 11:16 AM (4,900 Views)
dc cubs
Member Avatar

Quote:

It's been awhile since I offered up some Blind Items, and with only four daytime soaps left in production, I will have to attempt to be trickier than usual. Here goes!

Youthful Essences: For a long stretch of time this sudser wasn't even receiving network notes; now it is, and the overarching sentiment is GO YOUNGER! This doesn't bode well for a recently-returned vet, who could soon be on his or her way out, along with the actress or actor he or she shares the majority of scenes with.

Backburnered as Punishment: This soap's showrunners could care less how popular a certain actor or actress is. The thesp-in-question is reportedly being backburnered as punishment for speaking out. Way to put the soap first, vengeful execs!

Paging Bobby Ewing: The head writer(s) of this soap—which finds itself once again amid backstage turmoil—pitched a storyline that would basically say the last year's worth of story was all a dream. Yeah, because fans loved it so much when Dallas did that!

Making It Up Along The Way: This scribe hasn't written a long story in years. He or she makes arcs up week to week!

I Hate You, But I Have to Pretend I Love You: Fans wondering why their favorite couples have been separated for lengthy arcs on this soap would be shocked to know that the actors who play the characters simply cannot stand one another. Sure, there's been feuds and gripes before, but the bickering has reached the point of no return. One half of one supercouple has even begun lobbying for the return to the soap of a former screen partner, whom he or she also created soap magic with.

Jealous, Much?: This soap lead, who has driven story for the better part of a decade, is seeing green over a popular newcomer.

No Gay Today: A plan for this serial to attempt another gay story—to make up for the botched last try—was nixed before it ever reached the network level.

Source: Daytime Confidential
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Quote:

Youthful Essences: For a long stretch of time this sudser wasn't even receiving network notes; now it is, and the overarching sentiment is GO YOUNGER! This doesn't bode well for a recently-returned vet, who could soon be on his or her way out, along with the actress or actor he or she shares the majority of scenes with.

This one is obviously Days. The only vets left that returned for the reboot are Jarlena.

Quote:

Paging Bobby Ewing: The head writer(s) of this soap—which finds itself once again amid backstage turmoil—pitched a storyline that would basically say the last year's worth of story was all a dream. Yeah, because fans loved it so much when Dallas did that!

This one is probably Days too.

Not sure on the other ones.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

dc cubs
May 20 2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:

This one is obviously Days. The only vets left that returned for the reboot are Jarlena.

Quote:

I could see the first one being Y&R too.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Yeah, the first one certainly sounds like Days from what we heard about the below age 38 discussions coming from Atlanta and it does seem like the two character they are talking about are Jarlena.

I also agree that the second one could be Days too....I can see Gary Tomlin coming in with a plan to try to erase everything that has happened in the last year, mainly everything MarDar wrote via dream.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

I don't think the first one is Days, but the Bobby Ewing one is almost certainly. I also worry the making it up along the way one is days too.

blueskies
Member Avatar

I also wonder if the I hate you one might be Jennifer and jack. I don't watch the other three soaps to know if it could be one of them.

Taelyn

dc cubs
Quote:

Quote:

I dont agree about Jarlena.. They said "VET" not VETS, That imples its a vet working with someone less known..Also, Days has plenty of youth to work with, So it could be Y&R or B&B.. or even GH.. They have NEVER focused on their youth..

I believe the Fan Fav couples one is Days.. Probably Caustin, Meaning CC likely wants A Peck Back..
Or J&J .. meaning MR wants Mike or Frankie back.. Some of the Vets are only "Half gone" And some are rumored to return.. I seriously doubt Jarlena would put up any fuss about working together, They are both excited to work, Dont fit the description, To experienced to play those games And They have spoken about how THRILLED they are to be back working together and giving the fans what they want, and both know that most of the FanBase would only accept them together so they are a package deal..

Also the jealous Lead...(Edited) I def believe it is, or could be BD upset about GG. Id heard they had tension before he left before..
Or it could be Steve B upset about Mike Easton. Or it could be MA regarding SC.. Thats just a few. Im sure there are lots of other possibilties

I only watch 2 soaps .. so im not as famliar with the others .. But these are MY opinions

This would explan why only 1 half of a couple, a return of one and not the other makes sense..
I also thnk the whole dream stuff is likely DOOL, Fans may not love it .. but it might be te only thing that makes sense. and many DOOL fans have BEGGED for it !!!!!.. I see no other way to fix the crap we have seen.. Make it a dream and undo all the damage to History, but find a way to write in the new stuff and characters that work.

The punishment backburning could be *ANYONE**
Edited by Taelyn, May 20 2012, 01:00 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Taelyn
May 20 2012, 12:31 PM
dc cubs
Quote:

Quote:

I dont agree about Jarlena.. They said "VET" not VETS, That imples its a vet working with someone lesss known..Also, Days has plenty of youth to work with, So it could be Y&R or B&B.. or even GH.. They have NEVER focused on their youth..

I believe the Fan Fav couples one is Days.. Probably Caustin, Meaning CC likely wants A Peck Back..
Or J&J .. meaning MR wants Mike or Frankie back.. Some of the Vets are only "Half gone" And some are rumored to return.. I seriously doubt Jarlena would put up any fuss about working together They have spoken about how THRILLED they re to be back working together, and both jno that most of the FB would only accept them together so they are a package deal..

Also the jealous Lead... I def believe it is, or could be GG upset about the return of BD.
Or it could be Steve B upset about Mike Easton.

I only watch 2 soaps .. so im not as famliar with the others .. But these are MY opinions

They would explan why only 1 half of a couple, a return of one and not the other makes sense..
I also thnk the whole dream stuff is likely DOOL, Fans may not love it .. but it might be te only thing that makes sense. and many DOOL fans have BEGGED for it !!!!!.. I see no other way to fix the crap we have seen.. Make it a dream and undo all the damage to History, but find a way to write in the new stuff and characters that work.

The punishment backburning sounds like MM from Y&R

The dream I would say is Days for sure.

Youth has to be about Days...we've heard it already no?

The supercouple thing could be J&J but would DC still put that up after MA was let go? I guess it could be CC too, but she's also gone....would she have lobbied for Mike HOrton to return? or Peck as you suggested. It could also pertain to someone at Y&R or GH

I don't think the jealousy one has anything to do with Days unless it pertains to AS being jealous of CM's popularity. I don't see GG leading story for a decade on Days, he hasn't even been there 4 years, I'm willing to think this one has to do with GH.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Taelyn

LuvingLumi
May 20 2012, 12:49 PM
Taelyn
May 20 2012, 12:31 PM
dc cubs
Quote:

Quote:

I dont agree about Jarlena.. They said "VET" not VETS, That imples its a vet working with someone lesss known..Also, Days has plenty of youth to work with, So it could be Y&R or B&B.. or even GH.. They have NEVER focused on their youth..

Or J&J .. meaning MR wants Mike or Frankie back.. Some of the Vets are only "Half gone" And some are rumored to return.. I seriously doubt Jarlena would put up any fuss about working together They have spoken about how THRILLED they re to be back working together, and both jno that most of the FB would only accept them together so they are a package deal..

Also the jealous Lead... I def believe it is, or could be GG upset about the return of BD.
Or it could be Steve B upset about Mike Easton.

They would explan why only 1 half of a couple, a return of one and not the other makes sense..

The punishment backburning sounds like MM from Y&R

The dream I would say is Days for sure.

Youth has to be about Days...we've heard it already no?

The supercouple thing could be J&J but would DC still put that up after MA was let go? I guess it could be CC too, but she's also gone....would she have lobbied for Mike HOrton to return? or Peck as you suggested. It could also pertain to someone at Y&R or GH

I don't think the jealousy one has anything to do with Days unless it pertains to AS being jealous of CM's popularity. I don't see GG leading story for a decade on Days, he hasn't even been there 4 years, I'm willing to think this one has to do with GH.
Your right about GG I actually edited that, But it could be BD about GG.. or even JS .. But I doubt that its a Dool hint.. GH is taking on LOTS of OLTL'rs So its more likely them .. or from pne of the other soaps I dont watch..

But I firmly believe the whole unhappy Vet thing who hates costar is either J&J or Caustin ,, But who knows Caustin seem chummy, But I def see the whole J&J.. especially how she has acted.. It has to be someone who had a steamy alternate co-star

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Quote:

This can't be Jarlena, because it implies only one part of the couple recently returned. I think its Lisa Rinna and Dr Magic Penis. If Dr Magic Penis leaves, I'll do cartwheels, however I think it is Y&R.

Quote:

If it is DAYS, it would have to be timed to the opening of the town square otherwise how do they explain Vivian, Carly, Taylor, Chloe away? Also how does Lexie die?

Actually I think these are all Y&R.

Edited by Southofsoap, May 20 2012, 01:12 PM.

Cerulean
Member Avatar

dc cubs
May 20 2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:

It's been awhile since I offered up some Blind Items, and with only four daytime soaps left in production, I will have to attempt to be trickier than usual. Here goes!

Backburnered as Punishment: This soap's showrunners could care less how popular a certain actor or actress is. The thesp-in-question is reportedly being backburnered as punishment for speaking out. Way to put the soap first, vengeful execs!

Making It Up Along The Way: This scribe hasn't written a long story in years. He or she makes arcs up week to week!

I Hate You, But I Have to Pretend I Love You: Fans wondering why their favorite couples have been separated for lengthy arcs on this soap would be shocked to know that the actors who play the characters simply cannot stand one another. Sure, there's been feuds and gripes before, but the bickering has reached the point of no return. One half of one supercouple has even begun lobbying for the return to the soap of a former screen partner, whom he or she also created soap magic with.

Jealous, Much?: This soap lead, who has driven story for the better part of a decade, is seeing green over a popular newcomer.

No Gay Today: A plan for this serial to attempt another gay story—to make up for the botched last try—was nixed before it ever reached the network level.

Source: Daytime Confidential
TFP.

#1 - Y&R, because it's common knowledge that ABC and NBC have been receiving "network notes" for awhile now.
#2 - Y&R's Adam
#3 - Days, but if the dream scenario is under consideration, the clock needs to be turned back farther than a year. Last summer's ratings are roughly equivalent to last week's.
#4 - YR's Sheffer - one of the few HW's who has years under his belt and a hot mess on the screen.
#5 - So many possibilities, but I'm leaning towards GH.
#6 - B&B, because the newcomers have pretty much pushed long time leads off the screen.
#7 - GH or Y&R - Days and B&B have gay storylines currently underway.
Edited by Cerulean, May 20 2012, 01:16 PM.

Taelyn

Southofsoap
May 20 2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:

This can't be Jarlena, because it implies only one part of the couple recently returned. I think its Lisa Rinna and Dr Magic Penis. If Dr Magic Penis leaves, I'll do cartwheels, however I think it is Y&R.

Quote:

If it is DAYS, it would have to be timed to the opening of the town square otherwise how do they explain Vivian, Carly, Taylor, Chloe away? Also how does Lexie die?

Actually I think these are all Y&R.

I agree it would be hard.. They would likely just Ignore some things.. The rest they could just write into the story They could talk about Lexies death, Have Jarlena return all over again.. Or simply act like some things DID happen over the last year, just not as we saw it happen.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

The vet on the first one, if it is Y&R could be MTS.

six
Member Avatar

1. Probably Days or GH. Y&R doesn't have any recently returned vets, except MTS, and I can't see them getting rid of her or either of her co-stars. IDK about B&B.
2. I'm going to guess that this is upcoming and that the person is Sharon Case because of the shictor story.
3. Only Days makes sense here. The dream theory was pretty popular last year, so I could see them thinking fans wouldn't mind.
4. If this isn't Y&R and MAB, it should be.
5. No idea.
6. IDK, Maurice Benard and the guy who plays John?
7. I'm guessing Y&R, but IDK how GH handled their gay story line.

Edited by six, May 20 2012, 01:51 PM.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

I really don't think the bickering co-stars are Matt and Missy, despite what's gone on with J&J. I can't see Matt posing with Missy in cutesy backstage photos if there was bad blood there. I doubt it's Patrick and Christie as well.

I think "Making it up" is Y&R.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

I thought of MB being jealous of newcomer Michael Easton on GH.

The first two items seem to fit DOOL. The Bobby Ewing scenario would work in someone's mind to erase the last year of MarDar's storylines.

I'm sorry to say the supercouple spoiler sounds just like what many here have "felt" was going on with MR and MA. There certainly was a disconnect with what played onscreen and how the actress interpreted the material from what spoilers and articles said was playing. Could it apply to MTS and EB?

The gay blind item sounds like Y&R. The last foray into a gay story consisted of a kiss and nothing else. Then poof the story evaporated.

six
Member Avatar

Wasn't there another blind item a few months ago about a supercouple who couldn't stand each other and were lobbying for each other to get fired? I wonder if this is about the same pairing.

lysie
Member Avatar

I'm entirely positive it's not Patrick and Christie. I'd be shocked if it weren't Matt and Missy.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Think the dream one could be Days. Isn't the writing team one that was there recently. Could see them wanting to change things and a dream would be a way to explain away a lot fast.

I really think the jealousy one is SB because of ME on GH. Jason has been the "hero" on that show for over a decade and in the last rescue situation, John McBain was the hero. Also Sam/John have some smoking chemistry.

six
Member Avatar

pspcindy
May 20 2012, 01:52 PM
The gay blind item sounds like Y&R. The last foray into a gay story consisted of a kiss and nothing else. Then poof the story evaporated.
And it wasn't even an actual kiss. Just an implied one. It's probably best that Y&R not even try.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply