Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Confidential: Summer Blind Items
Topic Started: May 20 2012, 11:16 AM (4,937 Views)
Ashtonion
Member Avatar
Mmm....

If Beastsex, TanMan & Melanie, and Chloe being a hooker could be a dream, I'd die. Also, while they're at it, erase it all the way back to Ejole 2.0 where they were having their cat and mouse BEFORE Tayho showed up and ruined Ejole and we had to deal with that Ejaylor Crap. Ejole 2.0 started so hot and they ruined it. I really don't like EJ being the stupid Mayor anyway. Then they could just bring Jarlena to town and none of this John mess would have happened and since Caustin are leaving the show, they won't be there so that works too so they're off happily married somewhere. Then they can bring Lucas to town and a slow building Rafe/Sami/Lumi triangle can be brewing the right way. Best of all EJ and Sami still hate each other's guts and I won't have to see them day after day on my screen.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

The only way I'd ever accept a dream is if they went back to the summer of 2006. Seriously.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

lysie
May 20 2012, 01:54 PM
I'm entirely positive it's not Patrick and Christie. I'd be shocked if it weren't Matt and Missy.
Why do you say that?

lysie
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
May 20 2012, 04:18 PM
lysie
I'm entirely positive it's not Patrick and Christie. I'd be shocked if it weren't Matt and Missy.
Why do you say that?
Because I think the earlier blind items about a feuding supercouple was about them. I had a list of reasons at one point, lol, but I'll have to find it because I can't remember all of them right now.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

lysie
May 20 2012, 04:32 PM
Southofsoap
May 20 2012, 04:18 PM
lysie
Why do you say that?
Because I think the earlier blind items about a feuding supercouple was about them. I had a list of reasons at one point, lol, but I'll have to find it because I can't remember all of them right now.
Ah ok, I thought you had juicy insider info ;)

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

If we're going to make anything on DAYS a dream, I vote we go all the way back to 1999.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

1. I think it's Y&R. They hardly ever get notes from the network, as far as we know. And it does seem like they're gearing up to beef up the younger characters. The same could also be said about B&B though.

2. I could see this one being Y&R too. Has Melody Thomas Scott spoke out about certain storylines? Sharon Case has as well, especially the Victor and Sharon pairing. She's pulling for her fans to protest and call in and tell them they disapprove. If we start seeing less Sharon, we know for sure.

3. Has to be DAYS. At first, I didn't care about going back and acting like the last year was a dream until I realized what was going on this time last year. I don't want to see any of those character still there. I want John and Marlena to remain on the show. The other returns, I don't care. I also want Will to remain gay. If those two things can still be in place, then I don't care about the dream angle.

4. Seems like Y&R again. Nothing on that show can be planned. It just doesn't seem like it. And the part about a long-term storyline not being planned in years would make sense since the last time the show had anything decent, storyline-wise, was back in 2009.

5. I can't see this being Reeves and Ashford. If so, who would Reeves be pushing to return? The only person that comes to mind is Billy Warlock, and I'm pretty sure Warlock and Reeves were both opposed to Jennifer and Frankie reuniting back in 2005/2006. Again, I think this one goes to Y&R with Victor and Nikki.

6. I could totally see this being Bernard, upset over the attention Easton's getting.

7. I'm thinking GH for this one as well. I heard rumblings they wanted to bring Lucas back, but those plans seemed to have fallen through, for whatever reasons.

Taelyn

Well, We will find out eventually. But its pretty clear that the fueding returning Vets are not Jarlena.

I do think the dream, never happened scenario fits Days most of all considering they are the ones that have destroyed so much History.

The 'Fueding Supercouple', could be almost anyone.. **Almost** but the desire to bring back an old flame that was well recieved puts a lot into perspctive about who it COULD be, and reduces the choices...

Some seem rather obvious, or atleast likely **

Deleted User
Deleted User

While I don't mind the dream theory I think TomSell should just rewrite some of MarDar's stuff instead of making it all a dream.
Quote Post Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Allegedly, Jamey Giddens just tweeted that the Dream scenario was rejected by the TPTB, so that's a no go.
Edited by badaddiction, May 20 2012, 05:16 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

lysie
Yeah, on the second part of your post. Do you think Missy is lobbying for "Frankie" to return?

Daytime
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
May 20 2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:

Youthful Essences: For a long stretch of time this sudser wasn't even receiving network notes; now it is, and the overarching sentiment is GO YOUNGER! This doesn't bode well for a recently-returned vet, who could soon be on his or her way out, along with the actress or actor he or she shares the majority of scenes with.

This can't be Jarlena, because it implies only one part of the couple recently returned. I think its Lisa Rinna and Dr Magic Penis. If Dr Magic Penis leaves, I'll do cartwheels, however I think it is Y&R.

Quote:

Paging Bobby Ewing: The head writer(s) of this soap—which finds itself once again amid backstage turmoil—pitched a storyline that would basically say the last year's worth of story was all a dream. Yeah, because fans loved it so much when Dallas did that!

If it is DAYS, it would have to be timed to the opening of the town square otherwise how do they explain Vivian, Carly, Taylor, Chloe away? Also how does Lexie die?

Actually I think these are all Y&R.

Sounds like YR to me as well... Every single one!!!

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

Missy may not have been bringing it in her scenes with Matt, but they have been friends for a long, long time. Even if either wanted a storyline without the other, I really just cannot see them trying to get one another fired. And Matt tweeting pics of them looking fairly buddy buddy would seem like an insincere gesture unlike either of them. If Missy wanted a storyline with someone else, honestly I don't think Matt would stand in her way; she's always been a bigger J&J fan than he has (not that he doesn't like it, but he's open to other things too).

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

badaddiction
May 20 2012, 05:15 PM
Allegedly, Jamey Giddens just tweeted that the Dream scenario was rejected by the TPTB, so that's a no go.
Whatever show it was for, its for the better. Its bad enough for a prime time show where seasons are demarcated and episodes air once a week. Daytime is 5 days a week, all year - a dream sequence would cause major wtferry for most viewers, nevermind casual viewers lol.

LPS
Member Avatar

Quote:

The punishment backburning sounds like MM from Y&R

Its been pure enjoyment for the viewers.

six
Member Avatar

If the one about the feuding co-stars is EB/MTS, who would the actor be trying to get rehired? Are people suggesting he wants them to go with Ashtor?

This is the last blind item we discussed back in November:

"This uber couple may be all smiles in the tons of photo ops and magazine spreads they're getting, but don't believe the hype. They still can't stand one another! It's gotten so bad that one half of the veteran pairing recently went to TPTB and demanded his or her costar be fired. Sucks for the soap in question too, because the couple is basically their money shot. Stay tuned..."
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8596728/1/?x=40

lysie
Member Avatar

billyjill
May 20 2012, 05:29 PM
Missy may not have been bringing it in her scenes with Matt, but they have been friends for a long, long time. Even if either wanted a storyline without the other, I really just cannot see them trying to get one another fired. And Matt tweeting pics of them looking fairly buddy buddy would seem like an insincere gesture unlike either of them. If Missy wanted a storyline with someone else, honestly I don't think Matt would stand in her way; she's always been a bigger J&J fan than he has (not that he doesn't like it, but he's open to other things too).
I don't think it's really about Matt standing in Missy's way. It's not up to either of them.

I just think it's probably not a coincidence that the last time Missy left it was right after Matt returned...then of course they both had to leave. The original blind item said that they were pretending to get along for interviews and such, and that was around the time of the reset when they were doing those things. And now, he's gone, and she's not. I don't think complaints about her twitter have been particularly valid or are proof of anything, but if it's anyone on Days, I'd think it's them.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Sharon Case spoke out on the pairing with Sharon and Victor (for good reason). Probably be her that gets backburned unfortunately..

six
Member Avatar

Shick
May 20 2012, 08:06 PM
Sharon Case spoke out on the pairing with Sharon and Victor (for good reason). Probably be her that gets backburned unfortunately..
That would be a blessing in disguise to Sharon Newman, since MAB's next plan probably involves her selling Faith on the black market.

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

I really think the supercouple is EB and MTS. There have been rumors about them for years, like her complaining about doing love scenes with him and kissing him. MTS recently praised John Enos, who played Bobby, in an interview, so maybe that's who she'd like to see come back.

I dunno about MA and MR. It's pretty clear they don't share the close friendship they once did, and I do think MR wanted Jennifer to stay paired with Daniel, at least for a while, but I think that had more to do with her really, really enjoying working with SC than anything to do with MA. I could be wrong though. Most long time J&J fans sensed that something was 'off' about them this time around. :shrug:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply