Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Confidential: Summer Blind Items
Topic Started: May 20 2012, 11:16 AM (4,903 Views)
trojangal
Member Avatar

Could the Vet in # 1 be either Lisa Rinna or Bryan Datillo ?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

trojangal
Member Avatar

ChampagneRiver
May 20 2012, 08:32 PM
I really think the supercouple is EB and MTS. There have been rumors about them for years, like her complaining about doing love scenes with him and kissing him. MTS recently praised John Enos, who played Bobby, in an interview, so maybe that's who she'd like to see come back.

I dunno about MA and MR. It's pretty clear they don't share the close friendship they once did, and I do think MR wanted Jennifer to stay paired with Daniel, at least for a while, but I think that had more to do with her really, really enjoying working with SC than anything to do with MA. I could be wrong though. Most long time J&J fans sensed that something was 'off' about them this time around. :shrug:
Did MA & MR do a lot of press for the re-boot? I remember Caustin & Jarlena seemed to be
the focus in the mags.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Here are my educated guesses...

"Youthful Essences: For a long stretch of time this sudser wasn't even receiving network notes; now it is, and the overarching sentiment is GO YOUNGER! This doesn't bode well for a recently-returned vet, who could soon be on his or her way out, along with the actress or actor he or she shares the majority of scenes with."

This could apply to Y&R because Genie Francis just told Michael Fairman that they are going younger for the summer. But I do think this is DAYS. NBC hasn't been involved for quite a while and now we have heard from nearly everyone giving interviews that the execs are taking over and interfering with the writers and Corday's ideas. SO my best guess is DAYS. I think this refers to Lisa Rinna being OUT and Shawn Christian being the person she shares the majority of her scenes with. The writing was on the wall for Lisa Rinna when Patrick Muldoon was fired. Its already obvious that she didn't bump the ratings, which I can't believe they really expected to happen. The only other person it could be would be Bryan Dattilo and Sami isn't going anywhere so I think this can't apply to him. It can't apply to Jarlena because they both came back and this implies that one person was newly returned and one wasn't.

"Backburnered as Punishment: This soap's showrunners could care less how popular a certain actor or actress is. The thesp-in-question is reportedly being backburnered as punishment for speaking out. Way to put the soap first, vengeful execs!"

This is 100% Y&R because they are all speaking out over there. I think its probably Michael Muhney, but I have heard that Sharon Case has been making it known that she isn't happy. My guess is Muhney.

"Paging Bobby Ewing: The head writer(s) of this soap—which finds itself once again amid backstage turmoil—pitched a storyline that would basically say the last year's worth of story was all a dream. Yeah, because fans loved it so much when Dallas did that!"

DAYS - Duh. The only show with backstage turmoil right now. GH and B&B are as solid as it gets. Y&R has an idiot showrunner, but she isn't in jeopardy of losing her job so it has to be DAYS. Glad it was rejected.

"Making It Up Along The Way: This scribe hasn't written a long story in years. He or she makes arcs up week to week!"

My guess here is Y&R. DAYS just got new writers so this couldn't be a known fact about them. Carlivati has documented the process that he goes through in great detail numerous times so it isn't him. I don't watch B&B, but I know their writing is usually very solid, so my guess again is Y&R. MAB is a dumbass.

"I Hate You, But I Have to Pretend I Love You: Fans wondering why their favorite couples have been separated for lengthy arcs on this soap would be shocked to know that the actors who play the characters simply cannot stand one another. Sure, there's been feuds and gripes before, but the bickering has reached the point of no return. One half of one supercouple has even begun lobbying for the return to the soap of a former screen partner, whom he or she also created soap magic with."

This is the most difficult one for me. Its tough to say. A few people come to mind, but I always talk myself out of it. I do NOT think its Matt Ashford and Melissa Reeves. He is FIRED so it doesn't make any sense now to list this as a blind item. He's gone. To me this implies that both people are still on their show. Plus Jennifer has no one to bring back besides Frankie and I just don't see it. I saw on the DC comments section that someone was convinced it was Deidre and Drake. I don't believe this to be true, but Deidre did comment on Wayne Northrop at the Paley Center thing. I found that a little surprising, but nah I don't think its them. People always want to throw Kristian Alfonso and Peter Reckell out there when this comes up, but they are ALWAYS in scenes together and the only time they weren't was when Reckell had to take a vacation because he aired so much again. I don't watch B&B so I don't know anything about what's going on there. I would possibly think Steve Burton and Kelly Monaco, but they both have possible love interests on screen already and don't have anyone really special to bring back. I keep going back to Melody Thomas Scott and Eric Braeden. That's my final guess. They are obviously the money couple on Y&R, even at their age they are THE couple on that show and they were together for like 5 minutes and not. I don't know who they would bring back in that situation either but there's a ton of options.

"Jealous, Much? : This soap lead, who has driven story for the better part of a decade, is seeing green over a popular newcomer."

I can see why people are saying Maurice Benard, but really? He was lobbying hard for even MORE OLTL people to come to GH and help save the show. I really don't think its him. He even gave that Entertainment Tonight or whatever it was TV interview saying that the ABC shows should have been crossing over for years now and how brilliant it was. Plus Michael Easton's interview with Michael Logan made it seem like MB and ME loved working together. Steve Burton is a major possibility here, IMO. McBain has kinda taken over the SuperJase role here and Jason is kinda just a guy now. I don't watch B&B, but I could see someone being angry about Chappell, she does overshadow a lot of people wherever she ends up. Y&R has been a revolving door of "Who's Who In Soaps" for years now so I don't think anyone there would get jealous of any newcomer. Its just how it works over there.

"No Gay Today: A plan for this serial to attempt another gay story—to make up for the botched last try—was nixed before it ever reached the network level."

Obviously GH or Y&R. DAYS and B&B both have multiple gay characters now.

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

Many people on SON think the first one is GH with Anna and Luke, but they wouldn't have just signed her to a contract if that were the case. I think it's DAYS and probably Billie and Daniel. It's ridiculous because Lisa Rinna's doing a good job and fits in very well, but hasn't had the story to support her. I LOVED all the Austin/Billie scenes and especially EJ and Billie who could make a good romantic couple.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

I dunno Lysie, I can't recall the tons and tons of photo ops for MA and MR, tho I wish such a thing had been true.

lastDays
Member Avatar

dc cubs
May 20 2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:

Youthful Essences: For a long stretch of time this sudser wasn't even receiving network notes; now it is, and the overarching sentiment is GO YOUNGER! This doesn't bode well for a recently-returned vet, who could soon be on his or her way out, along with the actress or actor he or she shares the majority of scenes with.

This one is obviously Days. The only vets left that returned for the reboot are Jarlena.

Quote:

Paging Bobby Ewing: The head writer(s) of this soap—which finds itself once again amid backstage turmoil—pitched a storyline that would basically say the last year's worth of story was all a dream. Yeah, because fans loved it so much when Dallas did that!

This one is probably Days too.

Not sure on the other ones.
I have to agree .Especially since the number of soaps left on the air have shrunk a great deal over the past couple of years.Not hard to figure out blind items anymore

Taelyn

The quote on 1 says *VET* .. not Vets. So I dont think it Jarlena. Plus they have a strong younger cast

Will
Sonny
Chad
Nick (now)
Abby
Mel
Gabi
Cameron
even Theo

They have a strong 30-40's group
They only have handful of over 50's only

If any Older soap vet is in danger it would be Ian I think.. He isnt a DOOl Vet.. But he is a soap Vet.
If its a returning Vet it could still be MR,..But Im not convinced this is Day's
And Frankly
BD could hardly be considered an older Vet, He is in the same age bracket as Sami-EJ-Rafe-Brady-Nicole

I think Y&R uses the MOST older cast members, and GH the smallest variety. Everyone seems to be the same age with few exceptions..I think for any soap a good mixture of ALL ages is needed..

There is no reason to think all or most of these refer to Day's..
Edited by Taelyn, May 21 2012, 09:52 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

trojangal
May 20 2012, 09:10 PM
Could the Vet in # 1 be either Lisa Rinna or Bryan Datillo ?
I find that hard to believe...it would be BD, because who would he take with him? AS doubt it.....if it's anyone I would say it's LR, but I don't consider her 'a vet'....if anything maybe either of the DH's....

six
Member Avatar

I could see the vet one being Anna and Luke, but it's hard to believe ABC hasn't been meddling with GH for awhile. I thought Days was the only soap that the network had been leaving alone.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

ABC wouldn't want Tony Geary out. They promote him to the moon at any chance they get. He's Tony freakin' Geary. Finola is one of Ron and Frank's favorite actresses ever, along with Jane Elliot, and they made it a point to hugely involve her in the show as soon as they got her back then put her on contract. I still say its Lisa Rinna and Shawn Christian. Lisa Rinna is a "vet" even if she acts like a 2 year old child half of the time.

ETA : Not to mention, like you said. Brian Frons had his iron fist on GH, AMC, and OLTL for YEARS now so that doesn't really fit with this blind item.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, May 21 2012, 11:23 AM.

mb1982
Member Avatar

could # 1 be general hospital? the character of anna just returned under contract and she's a vet and most of her scenes are with luke and patrick so one of them could be on their way out as well?

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

dc cubs
May 20 2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:

It's been awhile since I offered up some Blind Items, and with only four daytime soaps left in production, I will have to attempt to be trickier than usual. Here goes!

Youthful Essences: For a long stretch of time this sudser wasn't even receiving network notes; now it is, and the overarching sentiment is GO YOUNGER! This doesn't bode well for a recently-returned vet, who could soon be on his or her way out, along with the actress or actor he or she shares the majority of scenes with.

Backburnered as Punishment: This soap's showrunners could care less how popular a certain actor or actress is. The thesp-in-question is reportedly being backburnered as punishment for speaking out. Way to put the soap first, vengeful execs!

Paging Bobby Ewing: The head writer(s) of this soap—which finds itself once again amid backstage turmoil—pitched a storyline that would basically say the last year's worth of story was all a dream. Yeah, because fans loved it so much when Dallas did that!

Making It Up Along The Way: This scribe hasn't written a long story in years. He or she makes arcs up week to week!

I Hate You, But I Have to Pretend I Love You: Fans wondering why their favorite couples have been separated for lengthy arcs on this soap would be shocked to know that the actors who play the characters simply cannot stand one another. Sure, there's been feuds and gripes before, but the bickering has reached the point of no return. One half of one supercouple has even begun lobbying for the return to the soap of a former screen partner, whom he or she also created soap magic with.

Jealous, Much?: This soap lead, who has driven story for the better part of a decade, is seeing green over a popular newcomer.

No Gay Today: A plan for this serial to attempt another gay story—to make up for the botched last try—was nixed before it ever reached the network level.

Source: Daytime Confidential
My guesses:

1. I can't see this being Days, NBC not give notes ... yeah right. I'm wondering if it's B&B with Joanna Johnson returning? I can't really think of anyone on Y&R or GH.

3. Clearly Days. And a complete mistake if they were to do this. There's good traction going with Wilson, the other characters and groupings could be salvaged with proper tweaking and a change in direction.

4. Brad Bell.

5. I'm guessing GH or Y&R. I'm struggling to think of a coupling who had soap magic with someone else. Are Jason and Sam still a couple? Sonny & Carly? Everyone's quick to guess Victor and Nikki, but who would realistically be the returnee? None of their third wheels would work. Hope's dead, Diane's dead, I can't see Laurie Brooks coming back again, Ashley's obviously out, and no one gives a crap about that Ramona woman. And as for Nikki - the only two significant affairs I can remember were with Jack, Brad, and Cole, and they seem to be going down the Jack road as it is.

7. Y&R for sure. Botched story = Adam/Rafe. I can't imagine Frank/Ron nixing a gay story for obvious reasons.

Edited by Drew, May 21 2012, 09:07 PM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Taelyn
May 20 2012, 01:09 PM
LuvingLumi
May 20 2012, 12:49 PM
Taelyn
May 20 2012, 12:31 PM
dc cubs
May 20 2012, 11:19 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I dont agree about Jarlena.. They said "VET" not VETS, That imples its a vet working with someone lesss known..Also, Days has plenty of youth to work with, So it could be Y&R or B&B.. or even GH.. They have NEVER focused on their youth..

I believe the Fan Fav couples one is Days.. Probably Caustin, Meaning CC likely wants A Peck Back..
Or J&J .. meaning MR wants Mike or Frankie back.. Some of the Vets are only "Half gone" And some are rumored to return.. I seriously doubt Jarlena would put up any fuss about working together They have spoken about how THRILLED they re to be back working together, and both jno that most of the FB would only accept them together so they are a package deal..

Also the jealous Lead... I def believe it is, or could be GG upset about the return of BD.
Or it could be Steve B upset about Mike Easton.

I only watch 2 soaps .. so im not as famliar with the others .. But these are MY opinions

They would explan why only 1 half of a couple, a return of one and not the other makes sense..
I also thnk the whole dream stuff is likely DOOL, Fans may not love it .. but it might be te only thing that makes sense. and many DOOL fans have BEGGED for it !!!!!.. I see no other way to fix the crap we have seen.. Make it a dream and undo all the damage to History, but find a way to write in the new stuff and characters that work.

The punishment backburning could be *ANYONE**
The punishment backburning sounds like MM from Y&R

The dream I would say is Days for sure.

Youth has to be about Days...we've heard it already no?

The supercouple thing could be J&J but would DC still put that up after MA was let go? I guess it could be CC too, but she's also gone....would she have lobbied for Mike HOrton to return? or Peck as you suggested. It could also pertain to someone at Y&R or GH

I don't think the jealousy one has anything to do with Days unless it pertains to AS being jealous of CM's popularity. I don't see GG leading story for a decade on Days, he hasn't even been there 4 years, I'm willing to think this one has to do with GH.
Your right about GG I actually edited that, But it could be BD about GG.. or even JS .. But I doubt that its a Dool hint.. GH is taking on LOTS of OLTL'rs So its more likely them .. or from pne of the other soaps I dont watch..

But I firmly believe the whole unhappy Vet thing who hates costar is either J&J or Caustin ,, But who knows Caustin seem chummy, But I def see the whole J&J.. especially how she has acted.. It has to be someone who had a steamy alternate co-star
JS and GG are hardly newcomers so no way its one of them

the only newcomer from days if could fit its CM

jdawg1077

If Days went through with the "dream" scenario it would be the final nail in the coffin. Some storyline tricks just don't work, and this is one of them. It'd be too confusing for viewers and would lead to a mass tune-out.

As for the returned vet, I really hope it isn't Lisa Rinna. I know she's not the most popular person on these boards, but I think she brings a great spark to the show. But with Austin leaving and Melanie possibly leaving, there wouldn't be much to keep Daniel around. And if Daniel goes, Billie might go too.

Why they didn't try a Billie/Jack pairing is beyond me...

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

No Gay Today: A plan for this serial to attempt another gay story to make up for the botched last try was nixed before it ever reached the network level.

I joined solely so that I could express my opinion on this one and there is not a doubt in my been-watching-soap-operas-for-30+ years mind that this one goes to General Hospital.

In early 2006, GH hired Days of Our Lives star Drake Hogestyn's son Ben to play the role of Lucas Jones, who would be the first major GH character to come out of the closet. Because I was having a hate/hate relationship with the show around this time, I probably tuned in twice a week at most but remember them doing the most despicable gay storyline in history (yes, even worse than what Chuck Pratt did to All My Children). I remember Lucas being set up with a guy named Guy Tucker by his cousin Georgie while his family was coming to terms with his announcement that he was gay. I even vaguely remember a week or two of him being bullied. And then that was it. Lucas was gone so was Guy and of course Georgie met her maker about a year later.

Because the press hyped this one to the high heavens and because the soap made an excellent choice in casting Hogestyn, I feel the show looks back on this particular period in embarassment because they had all their ducks in a row but obviously succumbed to pressure to nix what they had done up to that point.

And because GH is now being helmed by Frank Valentini and Ron Carlivati, the same two fellas that turned One Life to Live into something that LOGO would kill to have on their schedule just three short years ago leads me to believe that ABC nixed their plans to bring this character back. Right now ABC does not want these guys doing anything that would alienate viewers and sadly a gay youth in search of love would do that.

I don't see it being Young and the Restless. Adam pulled Rafe into a brief blink-and-you-missed-it peck and that was it. That doesn't warrant a "botched gay storyline" because nothing was built up and to the best of my memory, Rafe never had a life, let alone a love life, outside of being an attorney.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Renegade_Killerbee
May 23 2012, 07:34 AM
No Gay Today: A plan for this serial to attempt another gay story to make up for the botched last try was nixed before it ever reached the network level.

And because GH is now being helmed by Frank Valentini and Ron Carlivati, the same two fellas that turned One Life to Live into something that LOGO would kill to have on their schedule just three short years ago leads me to believe that ABC nixed their plans to bring this character back. Right now ABC does not want these guys doing anything that would alienate viewers and sadly a gay youth in search of love would do that.
Yes, but if it didn't reach the network level as the item suggests then there is no ABC(or whichever network) involvment and the story was killed by the producers or writing staff.

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

Renegade_Killerbee
May 23 2012, 07:34 AM
I don't see it being Young and the Restless. Adam pulled Rafe into a brief blink-and-you-missed-it peck and that was it. That doesn't warrant a "botched gay storyline" because nothing was built up and to the best of my memory, Rafe never had a life, let alone a love life, outside of being an attorney.
I think the botched gay story they could be referring to was Philip III coming out of the closet to his family and claiming his sexuality was the reason he faked his death. After all the "shock appeal" wore off, the story went absolutely nowhere and Thom Bierdz more than hinted in the press that he was pitched something completely different from what ended up onscreen.

I definitely see that one being Y&R....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply