Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'Smash' Scoop: Two Characters Leaving the Show!
Topic Started: May 22 2012, 03:57 PM (443 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

'Smash' scoop: Ellis and Dev are leaving the show! -- EXCLUSIVE

Two infamous characters on NBC’s Smash are expected to leave the show — and we suspect fans are not going to be disappointed.

Philandering fiancé Dev (Raza Jaffrey) and devious assistant Ellis (Jaime Cepero) will not be regulars in the show’s second season, sources say. It’s possible one or both actors could appear in an episode or two to wrap up their storylines, but that’s it. The plan is to have neither character as a recurring presence in the show’s new-and-improved second season.

Dev annoyed fans by cheating on Katharine McPhee’s character, while Ellis infuriated viewers all season with his overeager meddlesome scheming. Fans and critics have been pretty outspoken that the second season would be better off without either character (Ellis in particular) and it seems producers and/or NBC listened (The network had no comment).

NBC plans to return Smash in midseason, giving time for new showrunner Josh Safran (Gossip Girl) to creatively polish the series. NBC had no comment.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/22/smash-ellis-dev/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Beth
Member Avatar

I'm okay with those decisions. Ellis had no real purpose and Katherine McPhee should have a real romance with the producer. You can tell he really, really likes something about her. It could be the REAL thing.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

This is great news overall, although I would like to see Ellis being eaten alive by piranhas and Karen to find out about Dev and Ivy before he exits.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Doesn't bother me.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Glad Ellis is gone. He was beyond a character you would "love to hate". We need Eileen to throw a drink in his face on his way out the door. Dev is such a blah character that I won't even miss him being going. Wish Karen would go with him, but I know that won't happen.

Was just reading on TVLine that both the characters of Frank and Michael are also going to be recurring and only in a few episodes next season. Might actually check out the next season with all these changes. Seems like it might be focusing more on the drama in putting together a production and not all of the family/personal drama.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

So glad Ellis is gone. What an awful and unlikable character. Wasn't really a fan of the actor either.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply