Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Updated: Younger actor, actress moved to Creative Arts Emmy night
Topic Started: May 23 2012, 02:19 AM (2,567 Views)
NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

The Younger Actress and Actor categories are going to be announced during the Creative Arts Emmys on June 17th.

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2012/05/39emmys.html

Update from SOD:

https://twitter.com/SoapDigest/status/205385149926481920
Digest is hearing Younger Actor/Actress is back in June 23 Emmy show.
Edited by Ellie, May 23 2012, 02:52 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

That's SO disappointing! :( TFP, Nav!

john&doc
Member Avatar

Disappointing! I hope we get some video coverage of Chandler Massey winning! (fingers crossed!) I hope someone is going to televise the Emmy's this year.

Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

Crap. I was wanting to see Chad or Chandler win the thing (rooting more for Chad this year, but I'm sure I'll be rooting more for Chandler next year)

james0479
Member Avatar

Why don't thu just move all of it to the Creative Arts the. What a buzz kill. Move all the awards to that and just show a special 2 hour episode of Seasme Street like that one year.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Lame!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

Boo! It would be interesting to find out how much of the audience for the Daytime Emmys is soap fans. I bet it is rather large. I can't imagine Fans of Sesame Street itching to get the chance to watch the Emmys.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm pretty disappointed by this decision. It's preventing me from thinking anything positive about this year's Emmy Awards.

OliveAnn

This really sucks for all the nominees. It's absolutely disrespectful. It's as if NATAS is saying that they're not worthy of getting their awards at the actual ceremony. And sadly, I think it's a sign that this might the last time awards are given in these actegories.

Ellie

Update from SOD:

https://twitter.com/SoapDigest/status/205385149926481920
Digest is hearing Younger Actor/Actress is back in June 23 Emmy show.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/daytime-emmy-awards-update

The Outstanding Younger Actor/Actress category, which was slated to be presented during the Creative Arts Emmys on June 17, is back in the June 23 banquet, Digest can confirm. Sources report that a host of complaints were lodged once the categories were omitted from the list on the 23rd and that some nominees were so upset that they considered not attending at all. Fortunately, all's well that ends well.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Well thats good news...now I just hope I don't have to watch Molly Burnett picking up any Emmy hardware and all will be good :)

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Even her best buddy Nelson Branco didn't have her winning. Or even placing 2nd. So I really think she stands no chance.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

I am by no means a Lanie fan (I don't even know if that is the correct fan name given to Lily and Cane), yet I don't see Christel Khalil losing this year. This will be her fourth nomination and I know she only has a year or two left to be eligible in this category.

Even though this is his second nod, I don't think Chandler Massey has this one in the bag. The Emmy panel is kinda stubborn when handing out trophies to daytime's young gay "pioneers."

It took All My Children's Eden Riegel four nominations before they finally gave her the Outstanding Younger Actress prize and poor Van Hansis -- 10x more talented than Massey -- was nominated twice for Younger Actor and never took home the prize on As the World Turns, which usually fared very well at the Emmys. Chad Duell has paid his dues, so to speak, and will more than likely win in the Younger Actor pavilion.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Renegade_Killerbee
May 29 2012, 05:37 PM
I am by no means a Lanie fan (I don't even know if that is the correct fan name given to Lily and Cane), yet I don't see Christel Khalil losing this year. This will be her fourth nomination and I know she only has a year or two left to be eligible in this category.

Even though this is his second nod, I don't think Chandler Massey has this one in the bag. The Emmy panel is kinda stubborn when handing out trophies to daytime's young gay "pioneers."

It took All My Children's Eden Riegel four nominations before they finally gave her the Outstanding Younger Actress prize and poor Van Hansis -- 10x more talented than Massey -- was nominated twice for Younger Actor and never took home the prize on As the World Turns, which usually fared very well at the Emmys. Chad Duell has paid his dues, so to speak, and will more than likely win in the Younger Actor pavilion.
:blah: :blah: :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

GMAFB!

And LOL at "Chad Duell paying his dues"...are you freaking kidding me with that statement?

Khalil's tape is not the best of the bunch, but she will probably win becaus she is "due".
Edited by Mitchapalooza, May 29 2012, 06:26 PM.

philip&stephanie

Mitchapalooza
May 29 2012, 06:25 PM
Renegade_Killerbee
May 29 2012, 05:37 PM

:blah: :blah: :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

GMAFB!

And LOL at "Chad Duell paying his dues"...are you freaking kidding me with that statement?

Khalil's tape is not the best of the bunch, but she will probably win becaus she is "due".
Who's tape do you think is the best of the bunch in the Younger Actress Category. I really want Shelley Hennig to win, but I have not seen any of the other tapes except Molly Burnett (which in my opinion was nothing special). Do you think Shelley Hennig has a chance at winning.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I think Shelley Hennig's is the best but it isn't the best in such a huge way that I would throw a bitch fit if Christel Khalil won. If Molly Burnett wins it will be a joke. I believe Khalil is probably the favorite because Y&R didn't get shit for the Lead categories and I can't see them being swept out of the awards. Her reel is very good. I just think Shelley Hennig is the perfect reel. Plus her being on a primetime show at the time the voting took place could only help her. This should be a tight 2 person race, IMO.

philip&stephanie

DiMeraFan67
May 29 2012, 09:20 PM
I think Shelley Hennig's is the best but it isn't the best in such a huge way that I would throw a bitch fit if Christel Khalil won. If Molly Burnett wins it will be a joke. I believe Khalil is probably the favorite because Y&R didn't get shit for the Lead categories and I can't see them being swept out of the awards. Her reel is very good. I just think Shelley Hennig is the perfect reel. Plus her being on a primetime show at the time the voting took place could only help her. This should be a tight 2 person race, IMO.
Since the day Shelley Hennig's scenes aired back on January 10, 2011 I said now that is an Emmy Award Winning performance, and I have been hoping for that for over a year now. Since the whole pre-nomination process started I have heard that Shelley has stiff competition for Christel Khalil, but I have not scene her episode so I can't really comment on which one is better. What has me worried and quite frankly shocked is that there is a website called Golden Derby where six or seven soap experts not only make predictions on who they think will when, but also rank the actresses in order of their likelihood of wining. Well only one expect Jamey Giddey predicted that she would win, and the majority have Shelley ranked in last place. The majority of them ranked them like this 1) Christel Khalil, 2) Jacqueline Maccines-Woods, 3) Molly Burnett, and 4) Shelley Hennig. I was stunned when I saw this I really thought she had a legitimate shot at winning, but according to the experts she is the least likely to win. I haven't seen Christel and Jacqueline's tapes, but I have seen Molly Burnett's and Shelley's is way above hers. Now what I am wondering if they are making their predicting based on the episodes the actresses submitted, or their whole body of work last year, because if they are going based on reels I can tell you even without seeing Christel and Jacqueline's tapes Shelley is in no way in last place at the very least she is in third.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Hennig is def a better actress than Khalil, but Khalil did submit good material. Jacqueline is also worthy imo, she has carried B&B on her shoulders. Molly is without a doubt the weakest in the category.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

darraholic, I don't know who's in your avatar... but every time I look at it, I think it's Eileen Davidson for a second, LOL!
Edited by NocturnalBlondie, May 30 2012, 03:40 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply