Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
HLN to air Daytime Emmy Awards
Topic Started: May 24 2012, 04:52 PM (2,464 Views)
Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

The awards will air Saturday, June 23 at 8 p.m. ET.

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/2012/05/the-emmys-get-a-tv-home.html
Offline Profile Goto Top

somersetfan
Member Avatar

Very happy about this. Just read the Varity article on this and NATAS chairman said the "Daytime Community" was very unhappy with the awards show the past 2 years. Hmmm wonder what brought that on the cirque du soleil bs or the 10 min tour of that damned hotel.

Hope we get some sort of a tribute to OLTL and AMC. Even something small like a montage or something presented by Lucci would be fine.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Awesome news....and hopefully this year it will be about DAYTIME...show clips/actor clips and tributed...the whole 9 yards!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

somersetfan
May 24 2012, 05:18 PM
Hope we get some sort of a tribute to OLTL and AMC. Even something small like a montage or something presented by Lucci would be fine.
It says that this year's ceremony will feature celebratory tributes to AMC and OLTL :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

LocoDistro's chief creative officer Gabriel Cornell: "This has to be as much a tribute to daytime television as an awards show. While we pay tribute to television, it's the awards that are going to get us there. This show is probably going to have more awards than previous years and is probably going to have fewer song-and-dance numbers than previous years."
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

nocturnalblondie
May 24 2012, 05:27 PM
LocoDistro's chief creative officer Gabriel Cornell: "This has to be as much a tribute to daytime television as an awards show. While we pay tribute to television, it's the awards that are going to get us there. This show is probably going to have more awards than previous years and is probably going to have fewer song-and-dance numbers than previous years."
THANK GOD!
Offline Profile Goto Top

sonjawitthaus

So will there be any way to watch the show on the internet? I don't have HLN. Please let me know!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

sonjawitthaus
May 24 2012, 06:25 PM
So will there be any way to watch the show on the internet? I don't have HLN. Please let me know!!!
Perhaps on HLN.com?
Offline Profile Goto Top

sonjawitthaus

If it is on HLN.com will I be able download it from there?
Please let me know!!! :huh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Great news! I do hope it's more aimed at Daytime, and less theatrics from the "celebrity presenters" they are able to score. I'd like to see both AMC and OLTL receive tributes as well. Sucks about the Younger Actor and Actress awards getting booted to the untelevised ceremony.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Nevermind. LOL, just saw the two awards will be presented as normal. GOOD!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
May 24 2012, 08:47 PM
Nevermind. LOL, just saw the two awards will be presented as normal. GOOD!
They've already announced that both All My Children and One Life to Live WILL be getting tributes.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I thought AMC got one last year?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alin89
Member Avatar

maybe it wasnt worthy enough last yr.
Edited by Alin89, May 24 2012, 10:50 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I think it's safe to say how this tribute will go down.

ALL MY CHILDREN, ERICA ERICA ERICA, SUSAN LUCCI, EMMY LOSING STREAK, ERICA'S MEN, bla bla bla (oh, and One Life to Live ended too)
Offline Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

I wonder how Jim Romanovich is feeling. Now that he's no longer producing the show, everyone is coming out and saying he did an awful job. It must suck to be him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

^Well the truth hurts sometimes :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Drew
May 24 2012, 10:38 PM
I thought AMC got one last year?
No. Susan Lucci had a tribute last year.
Offline Profile Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I don't even know what HLN is!
Offline Profile Goto Top

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

King
May 26 2012, 03:17 AM
I don't even know what HLN is!
Headline News, CNN's sister channel.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Locked Topic