Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dallas: Season 15; Series Premiere on June 13!
Topic Started: May 28 2012, 09:50 AM (11,892 Views)
Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

They "killed" Bobby once before with the whole it was all a dream shower thing.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

IMO, this was the BEST episode of the season so far. I'm loving Ann more and more each episode. I also like how they very slickly slipped a HUGE revelation in, but didn't overly dwell on it -- it was actually REBECCA who was responsible for recruiting Tommy into HER scheme to con the Ewings and not the other way around. Rebecca is no innocent bystandard or pawn. I'm also wondering exactly what else is in the safe deposit box.

Mason

One thing I really loved about last night's episode was the attention to detail. For instance, the "EWING" on the license plates carrying over into the new series (they might have been there all along but this was the first time I noticed them), and the old pictures of Hagman/Duffy and Barbara Bel Geddes. There was a really great sense of continuity in this episode (....I mean, if you pretend the reunion movies never happened, at least).

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Ok that maid was pissing me off last night with her dirty looks. She needs to grab her skanky daughter Elena and hit the road..

I hope Rebecca and the babies are going to be okay :unsure: I'm worried about that, got a bad feeling she's going to miscarry.
Edited by Shick, Aug 2 2012, 11:26 AM.

Lil
Member Avatar

Matt
Aug 2 2012, 11:17 AM
IMO, this was the BEST episode of the season so far. I'm loving Ann more and more each episode. I also like how they very slickly slipped a HUGE revelation in, but didn't overly dwell on it -- it was actually REBECCA who was responsible for recruiting Tommy into HER scheme to con the Ewings and not the other way around. Rebecca is no innocent bystandard or pawn. I'm also wondering exactly what else is in the safe deposit box.
Totally agree!!!!

And a huge bonus for me was the use of Johnny Cash's "When the Man Comes Around" at the end. I'm fucking LOVING this show so hard.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Oh, and I wanted to reiterate what Mason said about the vanity license plates! I've been deliberately looking for them all season and I first managed to spot on last week on Christopher's car. It's amazing how giddy the sight of a "Ewing 6" makes me.

While I've enjoyed the series all season, one of my main problems is that for nearly the whole season everything seems to have been on a "slow simmer". I know that long-time fans have loved it, but I've been worried that newcomers wouldn't be as involved because, well, it's been kind of dull in parts (to be honest). THIS week, however, they've turned it up to a "rolling boil". I hope EVERY week next season is a rolling boil because THAT will make this show definite "Must See" material & help lure in an entirely new audience.

Lil
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Aug 2 2012, 11:11 AM
They "killed" Bobby once before with the whole it was all a dream shower thing.
Which led to a nearly unwatchable season lol I know...believe me. emerald mins *sigh* lol

But I think it's WAY too soon to kill off the vets. But especially the Duffy!!! lol I know it's inevitable that sooner or later Hagman, Duffy, & Gray are going to get the boot in some way or other (or at least be severely backburnered) but all are in the thick of things right now. It would be too much.

In any case, I can't get over how great last night's episode was. I'm definitely going to have to re-watch it.

Lil
Member Avatar

Matt
Aug 2 2012, 01:22 PM
Oh, and I wanted to reiterate what Mason said about the vanity license plates! I've been deliberately looking for them all season and I first managed to spot on last week on Christopher's car. It's amazing how giddy the sight of a "Ewing 6" makes me.

While I've enjoyed the series all season, one of my main problems is that for nearly the whole season everything seems to have been on a "slow simmer". I know that long-time fans have loved it, but I've been worried that newcomers wouldn't be as involved because, well, it's been kind of dull in parts (to be honest). THIS week, however, they've turned it up to a "rolling boil". I hope EVERY week next season is a rolling boil because THAT will make this show definite "Must See" material & help lure in an entirely new audience.
I think they've done a great job. 9 episodes in and we've had murder, jail time, a wedding, blackmail of all kinds, bribery, a pregnancy...now a whodunnit?!

I don't think it's been too slow at all, but last night was definitely the "Did you SEE that?!!" episode of the season so far. I'm so excited for the season finale. I'm now certain that it will be a classic Dallas cliffhanger that will leave me tearing my hair out til new season starts. Unfortunately, unlike when I re-watched the originals on DVD, I won't have another disc to pop in and will actually have to wait lol And since there are so few shows that I regularly watch that haven't started sucking already, it's gonna be a looooooong wait!

KMan101
Member Avatar

I thought last night's episode was by far the best so far. Really great character development. This episode was definitely the calm before the storm. Loved JR and John Ross having epiphany's and then Sue Ellen's sad realization about her run for Governor. Sigh. All three were great. I just wish the others were better written for. Rebecca is a hot mess. Tommy is doomed. Elena is just "there" and same for Ann. That's great but when half the cast is "just there" it makes for a poorly focused show, IMO. Though I've been very happy with the reboot overall.

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Do I look like I give a bluedilly fuck?!

Co-sign on last night!

Rebecca, you little minx....had to watch the eppy twice to discover that she was the one that started err'thang.

Sorry, but Ann isn't doing it for me....I always had the vibe that the ex-hubby wanted to fuck her and it looks like maybe he'll get his chance next week.

They really need another maid 'cause if I were J.R. I'd see that that disrespecting puta Carmen was thrown out on her ass. Like him or not that's your boss bitch!

Oh joy, the Crypt Keeper gets to 'partner' with John Ross/Christopher. You know, I think Lindsay Hartman should have been Elena, at least she's easy on the eyes.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I'm sorry but in terms of next week, I really don't care to see Ann taking it off for Harris. And WTF to her looking SO good with Harris but at Southfork she looks so matronly and boring. LOL. Why can't Ann look sexy at Southfork? Not that I really care that much but still ... and supposedly Harris is a regular next season.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

What does everyone think the "biggest Ewing secret" will be next week? It looks like someone steps off that plane, and that person is part of the big secret. Who could it be? I'm still convinced that the season final will involve Pam.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

DrewHamilton
Aug 4 2012, 11:58 AM
What does everyone think the "biggest Ewing secret" will be next week? It looks like someone steps off that plane, and that person is part of the big secret. Who could it be? I'm still convinced that the season final will involve Pam.
Oh, I definitely think it's going to involve Pam. There's been a lot of subtle hints and I'm not going to be surprised if Victoria Principal steps down from that airplane on Wednesday. Wouldn't they have just flat out said that the character is dead if they could never strike a deal with her?

Lil
Member Avatar

Casey
Aug 5 2012, 09:51 PM
DrewHamilton
Aug 4 2012, 11:58 AM
Oh, I definitely think it's going to involve Pam. There's been a lot of subtle hints and I'm not going to be surprised if Victoria Principal steps down from that airplane on Wednesday. Wouldn't they have just flat out said that the character is dead if they could never strike a deal with her?
I really doubt it will be Pam. However, since her face got all burned up in the orig. series, that would certainly explain Victoria Principal's plastic surgery nightmare face.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'd be even more excited it Katherine Wentworth stepped off that plane with information about Pam. And that, maybe, Rebecca was HER daughter.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Looked like Cliff to me but we will see.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I thought it would be Cliff too. Maybe Pam gets off the plane behind him. Just grasping here.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

KMan101
Aug 6 2012, 12:04 PM
Looked like Cliff to me but we will see.
Hmm...why all the secrecy about it though? We've already been re-introduced to Cliff. I think that Drew's idea could be plausible.

Edge1978
Member Avatar

Ok, I didn't watch Dallas back in the day. I was more of a KL kind of guy. Anyway, my partner said that Christopher's real mom was Kristen. Sue Ellen's sister, and it was once rumored that JR was Christopher's Dad seeing that JR had slept with Kristen. And with the constant "Oil is in my blood" from John Ross. I have a feeling that it will come out that JR is Christopher's Father.....too far fetched?
Edited by Edge1978, Aug 8 2012, 02:14 PM.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

cannot wait to watch dallas tonight.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply