Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dallas: Season 15; Series Premiere on June 13!
Topic Started: May 28 2012, 09:50 AM (12,462 Views)
Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Well, I enjoyed the finale...even if it was a little too predictable. I was convinced we would see Pam back during those last few minutes, but I guess it's not meant to be.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

WOW! Pretty exciting episode for Rebecca. A lot of us guessed correctly when we said she was Cliff's daughter...Elena is still a boring bitch who has zero chemistry with Christopher. I hope Rebecca/John Ross/JR/Cliff destroy them next season.
Edited by Shick, Aug 8 2012, 09:16 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

As a whole, I thought the season finale was fairly good, but I was underwhelmed by the last 5-10 minutes, mostly because of how predictable it was. I wasn't surprised that Pam didn't appear at the end (although I think they definitely wanted us to believe she would with that 'all's-well-that-ends-well-but-not-really' final shot of Bobby and Ann). The BIG plus of that Rebecca "twist" is that hopefully Cliff will get a lot more play in the next season.

God, how I wish they would recast Christopher.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

The Rebecca reveal was predictable as most of us guessed that early on. I felt bad for John Ross but it will make things more interesting if he is trying to steal Ewing Energies from Christopher and Elena.

I was surprised that there will be new episodes in January. I thought we would have to wait until summer.

GLtime

dc cubs
Aug 8 2012, 10:25 PM
The Rebecca reveal was predictable as most of us guessed that early on. I felt bad for John Ross but it will make things more interesting if he is trying to steal Ewing Energies from Christopher and Elena.

I was surprised that there will be new episodes in January. I thought we would have to wait until summer.
No, the second season of the new Dallas premieres in January. There will be 15 episodes so it will run till April/May depending on what date in January season 2 starts.

Lil
Member Avatar

Ok, maybe I'm in the minority here but I was not in any way shape form disappointed by the finale. I LOVE that The Duffy is ok. Even though most of us predicted from the get-go that Rebecca would be Pam Rebecca...IT DIDN'T MATTER! Because the way it played out was flawless! I was actually giddy with excitement whenI saw Cliff and that is totally how I want to feel watching a finale. I think last week's was a little more exciting, but this week gave the closure exactly as I wanted it. And JR & JOhn Ross together :wub: :cheer: :cheers: YES!!! That is how it SHOULD be!!!!!!!

I'm sorry it took until the last 2 epis for Anne to be at all interesting, but I am so glad she did become interesting!! I LOVED her scenes with Harris. LOVED it. And I actually did not see the wire coming. At all. Well done! Glad S'Wellen is ok for now. Her being governor will likely mean more involvement in story next season so I'm for it. JR always had politicians in his pocket...well now John Ross is going to have his Momma for governor. SWEET!

Elena, Elena...She is still dull as dishwater and her only purpose is to be the Ewing boy whore, apparently. Back & forth...Ugh. You know what, though? I can't stand Metcalfe, so Elena, girl, you stay with Christopher. You two can make poopy faces at John Ross and be boring as fuck Dudley-Do-rights together. lol I'm just sorry the Duffy is forced to be on your side.

SO GLAD The Duffy is ok, but I think it was pretty insane that they wrapped up his seizures and his cancer so neatly. But I'm glad. I'll always love Bobby Ewing.

As for those clamoring for Pam...I honestly still don't think she is needed at this point. But I wouldn't be opposed. If for no other reason than to give The Duffy some more stuff to do. I am also warming up to the idea of Afton stepping in and trying to reign her daughter in a bit. She was a character I disliked for a long time, but she eventually became Cliff's voice of reason and I warmed up to her a bit after that. lol It would be nice if she came back with some spunk.

I also love that they have already put Ewing Energies together, got the building and everything so even though there's a world of shit between the cousins Ewing they are forced to see this thing through. I thought it was a great way to set up what's to come.
I'm very excited for January. I believe they are supposed to start filming in the next month for the new season. I hope they had enough time to really put together some cohesive storylines so they don't have to rush through them all. Some of this season was very rushed, but I think a lot of that is due to it being a short season. We shall see :-)
Edited by Lil, Aug 9 2012, 09:14 AM.

Lil
Member Avatar

oh and did anyone else giggle when Chris brought Rebecca Chinese food and she lit up? that's when I REALLY knew she was Cliff's daughter lol

Checkers
Member Avatar

Christopher and Elena suck azz.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I am all about some Ann Ewing. 'nough said.

I really liked that they had John Ross lease the old Ewing Oil space for the HQ of Ewing Energies. Also, I don't know if anyone noticed, but when John Ross was telling Elena where all the old offices used to be, they were playing a very slow, soft version of the theme song and it damn near gave me chills. I almost serously started getting a tad weepy. lol

Lil
Member Avatar

^ I did not notice that...but I was a little buzzed. I'm going to rewatch the whole season prolly like 2 or 3 times anyway before January so I'll be sure to listen for it lol

Anne was GREAT last night. I'm so glad I misjudged her so much in the beginning. She was one of the highlights for me.

GLtime

Spoilers for next season and talk about the season finale

http://www.examiner.com/article/cynthia-cidre-reveals-dallas-season-finale-and-season-two-secrets

TV Guide interview with Cynthia Cidre about the finale

http://www.tvguide.c...ew-1051815.aspx

TV Guide Magazine: Let's talk about the big 'it'. Rebecca is Cliff Barnes' daughter. Can you confirm that this daughter is the same child Cliff's wife Afton [Audrey Landers] gave birth to back in the '80s?

Cidre: Yes that's the same Pamela Rebecca Barnes. I knew all along she was going to be Cliff's daughter, and I didn't think that many fans would pick up on the name. So I used her middle name to keep people guessing.

TV Guide Magazine: Is Afton still alive?
Cidre: I don't know yet.

TV Guide Magazine: This season we saw visits from Lucy and Ray. What other Dallas vets might you welcome back to Southfork next year?
Cidre: We're just breaking stories now so I don't really know yet. I just met Joan Van Ark [Lucy's mother, Valene] the other day and she was lovely. We tried for a cameo with her and Ted Shackelford this past season, but it didn't work out. I also met Donna Mills [Knots Landing's Abby Ewing] and she looks awesome, but I don't know that we can use Knots Landing characters.

TV Guide Magazine: Did you consider ending the season with a classic Dallas whodunit?
Cidre: This is the show that did that classically, but we're going to try to avoid that for a little bit. It doesn't mean we're not going to ever do that, but I don't think in our first couple of seasons. How could we ever top 'Who Shot J.R.?'

Lil
Member Avatar

Thanks so much for posting this!! ^^^

I am really relieved to know that they plan to slow things down a litte. As I said in an earlier post if they keep it at the rate they are at without really thinking it through it would be too much. It really seems like Cynthia Cidre has her shit together and that she is putting an awful lot of care into what airs and what doesn't and is really thinking the storylines through. I sooo appreciate that! And I'm glad they didn't go to the next phase for Anne right away too. I'm really starting to dig her so I think ending season 1 with her & Sue Ellen on top was a very smart move.

I get that part of Elena's purpose was to break John Ross's haert and make him more evil or whatever..but Hell, the kid's got the devil incarnate for a daddy already. I hope that if they plan to keep Elena instrumental in the business aspect of things, then they will develop her character a little more. I'm willing to try to like her, just need a reason to! lol

I am really excited for January! Great articles...Again, thanks for posting them :-)

Now if only DAYS would gather a clue from carefully crafted shows like this!!! (And obviusly play all the right beats) *sigh*
Edited by Lil, Aug 9 2012, 03:14 PM.

GLtime

Ratings for last night's season finale...all demos up

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/08/09/dallas-finale-garners-4-3-million-total-viewers-ratings-rise-in-all-key-demos/144462/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

KMan101
Member Avatar

The audience IS there. They have to find a way to keep them all season.

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Meow This!

Watching last night's eppy was like having hot rushed sex....DAMN it was good, now that's how you do a season finale!!

Ann - While I'll always be devoted to the late, great April, Ms. Ann came into her own last night! At first I thought she was going to let Harris touch her tits for fun, but I screamed when I saw that bug....and then she sucka punched him and reamed him out, I just may like her after all.

Dear Harris: I will fuck you anytime, anywhere....I'd even swallow, and SBG don't play that shit! Mitch Pileggi is beyond fine with the bald and bearded look.

I get the feeling we won't see the last of Carlos Bernard, especially with his threat to J.R.

Bobby sure got well fast, didn't he?

I so felt bad for John Ross but OTOH he needs to let the Crypt Keeper go. Sure didn't take that heifer long to whip her sunken in thighs around Christopher's waist, did it?! Loved John Ross and J.R. at the end. Now that Lindsay Hartley is out of work, I think she'd be a helluva replacement as Elena.

Finally.....Rebecca and Cliff! I couldn't stop screaming 'I KNEW IT!' at the telly! Old Cliffie ain't changed a bit and I'm loving it. Only drawback is we may have to see Afton, never was much of a fan.

January is such a long time, can't wait for Season 2!

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

When is the box set coming out does anyone know??

GLtime

hawk_osu
Aug 9 2012, 10:02 PM
When is the box set coming out does anyone know??
I'm assuming soon probably before Christmas since season 2 premieres in January. It's going to be a nice stocking stuffer. The episodes are avilable via amazon demand.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

The DVD set will be released on January 8th in North America.

It will include:

*Southfork Legacy: Making Dallas Season 1 - Cast and creators discuss bringing the new Dallas back to TV.

*Oil and Water: A Family Tradition - The drama continues with the new cast joining the original cast to discuss enduring appeal of the Ewings.

*Back in Production - Go behind the scenes of the first day on set with the two JRs: Josh Henderson and Larry Hagman.

*Dressing Dallas - Costume designer Rachel Sage Kunin reveals the new wardrobe for Dallas.

*Who Shot JR? - Larry Hagman and other cast members reminisce about one of the most memorable storylines from the original Dallas.

*Ewing Family Love Oak - Brenda Strong takes us behind the scenes to learn about the Love Oak and what it means to the new Dallas.

*Pilot Commentary - Audio Commentary with Executive Producer & Writer Cynthia Cidre and Executive Producer & Director Michael Robin.

*Deleted Scenes

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Dallas-Season-1/17538#ixzz27c9FCoP3
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I just finished the last two episodes of the season TODAY in fact.

I have to say E9 was amazing. Probably my favorite episode of the season.

KMan101
Member Avatar

http://www.ultimatedallas.com/askcynthiacidre/

Cynthia Cidre interview. Very good.

And the new season debuts January 28th. On a Monday. :drunk: What a crowded night to move it to! :shrug:
Edited by KMan101, Oct 2 2012, 01:38 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply