Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dallas: Season 15; Series Premiere on June 13!
Topic Started: May 28 2012, 09:50 AM (11,907 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

I'm not sure.. It was posted at DC this morning, thought I'd bring it over. :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

DrewHamilton
Jun 13 2012, 02:08 AM
Miss Rhi
Jun 12 2012, 05:12 PM
The guy who's playing John Ross looks creepy to me especially so in the commercials. Maybe it's the facial hair? :unsure:

P.S: I just read that he played Edie's nephew on DH and I don't remember him creeping me out at all back then.
It's definitely the facial hair then. Henderson was definitely much clean shaven during his DH days.
I think they're trying to make him look older.

Here's how he looked on DH:

Posted Image

Here's how he looks on Dallas:

Posted Image

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Tonight's the night. :wub: :cheer:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Can't wait to watch this tonight. The fact that they've taken the time to make the opening so much like the original already has me thinking positively about this, much more than the the other remakes of the last few years (90210, Melrose Place).

Mason

I love the updated version of the theme, but I'm really disappointed in the opening. It looks like it was made by a high school student for a multimedia project! And where are the split screen shots of the actors? BIG fail there, IMO. That being said, I'm grateful we even have an opening as opposed to a stupid title card like most shows now.

Really looking forward to tonight! (in spite of my reservations)

KMan101
Member Avatar

90210 tried with the opening in the first season but they've had a shitty 5 second opening for the last few years.

I was beyond pissed Melrose Place reboot didn't revive the opening.

I got chills seeing the Dallas opening HOWEVER, I miss the cast shots (tho I understand why they didn't include them, however, they could have showed 'show action shots' that could be swapped out per season) and the font used for the cast names looks like somebody did that on their home computer video editing program. Sigh.

I do recall reading where they said why they weren't using cast shots (it's "dated" I believe was the response given) ... can't remember what interview/article it was. I just appreciate them making the effort to have the opening. Feels like Dallas.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I only wish Pamela(Victoria Principal) was apart of this,but she has no desire to be.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Linda Grey looks good for her age.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

So does Patrick Duffy

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I wish they showed each person in the opening instead of just listing their names.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Im enjoying it so far.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

The opening doesn't bother me at all. I don't need to see cast shots. Plus, this way makes it easier to update the opening when needed (looking at you daytime soap operas). They show great shots of Dallas, Southfork, etc.

More on my thoughts on the premiere later...

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

The second episode's opening was different than the previewed opening. In the preview, the actors' names are listed in alphabetical order. That wasn't the case in the second episode's opening. It named Henderson, Metcalfe, Brewster, Gonzalo, Strong, and then Duffy, Grey and Hagman. Was that how it was in the first episode intro? I missed the beginning.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jun 13 2012, 09:22 PM
The second episode's opening was different than the previewed opening. In the preview, the actors' names are listed in alphabetical order. That wasn't the case in the second episode's opening. It named Henderson, Metcalfe, Brewster, Gonzalo, Strong, and then Duffy, Grey and Hagman. Was that how it was in the first episode intro? I missed the beginning.
That was the way it was for the first episode too.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Whoa,JR looked PISSED at the end.

Daytime
Member Avatar

I am in love! :wub:

Mason

I liked it better than I thought I would.

However....I had two BIG problems with it:

1) I see we're still getting the strong, nice woman role model Sue Ellen from the later years and reunion movies. And I still say it's bullshit. I don't care how much Linda Gray wants to play that character, IT'S NOT SUE ELLEN.

2) I don't like how they forced Elena into the show's backstory. We know she wasn't at Southfork. Don't try and revise history. I'm actually pissed that they've put a new character in the center of John Ross and Christopher when naturally that role SHOULD go to Pamela Rebecca Cooper, damn it!

Daytime
Member Avatar

I tweeted so much, i got put in twitter jail... lol

The double crossing.. the back stabbing.. Every single time you turn around somebody is getting double crossed.. This is how soaps should be done! :wub:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Loved the two-part premiere! Everything was very soapy. I already can't wait until next week.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I liked it as well! Hopefully, the show becomes somewhat of a success on the network and can be around for quite a while longer. If they have more time to build the show up, we can see more former characters be brought in to stir up stories (i.e Gary/Val, Afton, Pam).

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply