Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: John Abbott Returns
Topic Started: May 28 2012, 09:12 PM (1,796 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Jerry Douglas, who played patriarch John Abbott for many, many years on Y&R, wrote on his Facebook wall this morning "To all you dear Fans & Friends I an shooting another Y&R on June 20th which will probably air in the middle of July. Hope you enjoy it."

Link
Edited by Daytime, May 28 2012, 09:58 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

Why did they kill him off if he's gonna be making so many visits? Not that I mind. Though knowing MAB they would probably pair him up with Gen.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I wonder if this has to do with Ashley's departure.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Y&R should've never killed John off!

sonemfan4life

Someone told me John was killed off because Sony and the actor were having contract disputes and they gave the order to kill him off. Then afterwards they straightened out their problems!

Checkers
Member Avatar

sonemfan4life
May 29 2012, 09:58 AM
Someone told me John was killed off because Sony and the actor were having contract disputes and they gave the order to kill him off. Then afterwards they straightened out their problems!
That's a shame. They shouldn't have killed him off but have John leave the canvas for awhile.

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

Thanks for the scoop, Daytime! :cheers:

lmontgo

Maybe he's appearing to Jack before he marries Nikki??

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

This return better not mean they are killing my Ashley Abbott because if they do I will be done!!!!!!!

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I'm totally in the minority here, but I'm kinda glad they went this route with John.

If he'd not died he'd have sat around on the background, probably been given the Gina treatment, or disapeared completely and later be told he was off with Maime. I love these ghostly visits, they're always powerhouse scenes.

CarlD2

I think the visits lost their impact some time back, in part because he always looks like an orange. It also feels cheap - the show has spent years tearing the Abbotts apart and having them badmouth each other, and having history rewritten against them. Then John is trotted out for some platitudes.
Edited by CarlD2, May 30 2012, 10:59 PM.

ratfink
Member Avatar

Drew
May 30 2012, 08:35 PM
I'm totally in the minority here, but I'm kinda glad they went this route with John.

If he'd not died he'd have sat around on the background, probably been given the Gina treatment, or disapeared completely and later be told he was off with Maime. I love these ghostly visits, they're always powerhouse scenes.
I love John Abbott, but I am glad, after they decided he died (which was dumn, in my opinion)....not to bring him back to life. I enjoy his little ghost visits. I wish I could have them from my Dad............. :)

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

You can thank that slob Lynn Marie Latham for killing John off years ago. I will always despise her for that as well as Dru's death. And to think, I read rumours that her next "victim" on the chopping block was going to be Sharon! Hack.

six
Member Avatar

They've revived lesser people than John, so they should undo his death, too. Yes, we all saw how it happened, but I'm willing to overlook that. It's unfortunate that the only elderly people in GC are hateful types like Victor and Kay.

leah09
Member Avatar

darraholic
May 28 2012, 09:38 PM
I wonder if this has to do with Ashley's departure.
Hmm, I wonder.
Colleen saw Brad again while she was drowning. One of the simultaneously saddest and beautiful scenes on this show.

Thank you for posting, I'll be sure to tune in to see him.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply