Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Ian Buchanan out at Days!
Topic Started: May 30 2012, 09:33 AM (9,044 Views)
Ellie

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/ian-buchanan-out-days

Ian Buchanan Out At DAYS

By SOD Posted: May 30, 2012

Digest has learned that Ian Buchanan, who first aired in February as Salem newcomer Ian McAllister, has been written out of the show. Since production is so far ahead, expect him to appear on screen through the summer. Sarah Brown, who played Ian's wife, Madison, is scheduled to exit on August 15.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jarlena4Eva
Member Avatar
Drake's Back!!

Not surprised.

MissLola
Member Avatar

Wow!!!!!! I figured that!!!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

Yeah, I was kind of expecting this. Great actor, but they never really did much with him.

Keith
Member Avatar

Shocker /sarcasm.

Thanks, Ellie. :)

Anita

I expected that as well. He was totally underutilized.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

I suspected this would happen sooner or later with the information we heard about the fact that Ej was suppose to be his kid, then it was rewritten than Stefano would not be dead and that Ej would be Stefano's kid in the end, it seemed like his days were really numbered at that point.

That being said, I think he played the creepy villain and Days needs one of those, so unless they bring back someone to foil Stefano, or make Stefano menacing again, or go back to Ej being the villain then I am not sure what the plan is long term for the show's 'bad guys'.

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

WHAT? He is masterfully creepy! Tomsell... so much fail.

spartan
Member Avatar

I was afraid of this. Damnit. I liked him.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

I liked Ian very much and I think he had a lot of potential to be worked into the canvas. IMHO, I think TPTB have no fucking clue what the hell they are doing. Wtih Victor and Stefano aging, it would have been the perfect time to weave in a new villian.
What are we going to be left with after the dumping of so many of these of the characters? Absolutely nada? It will be the Sami Brady show! GMAFB!!!!!

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

And another talented soap opera veteran is completely wasted by DAYS.
Edited by Bright Eyes, May 30 2012, 09:47 AM.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Bright Eyes
May 30 2012, 09:46 AM
And another talented soap opera veteran is completely wasted by DAYS.
ITA, I could see Ian reaking havoc on so many ppl in Salem's lives. I have no doubt he'd be terrific.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I just shake my head at the way they seem to get rid of the most talented actors. I agree they've under utilized him but he certainly had potential and a charismatic villain is sorely needed on this show.

My bet is he'll ultimately be Stefano's shooter and be sent off to jail or killed off as revenge.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Saw it coming, but what a waste. Days needs a villain like Ian...they've teddy beared both Victor and Stefano and there hasn't been a good, evil mastermind in a long time. I thought he was very talented.

MissLola
Member Avatar

This is the second day in a row of such news. Are they gonna make a full week if it? Who's next? Taniel? Please oh please!!! :applause:

somersetfan
Member Avatar

Was excited for the character/actor to come on but thanks to MarDar's writing it has all falling so flat. Such a shame.

Good luck to Ian

Anita

SocRMum1
May 30 2012, 09:50 AM
I just shake my head at the way they seem to get rid of the most talented actors. I agree they've under utilized him but he certainly had potential and a charismatic villain is sorely needed on this show.

My bet is he'll ultimately be Stefano's shooter and be sent off to jail or killed off as revenge.
I would be surprised if the latter turned out any other way.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Bummer. I was excited when he first came on, but they were never able to maintain that... This show does need another shit stirrer though. Whether it be Kristen, or whomever, but they can't keep relying on Stefano and Victor to be causing all the major dilemma's in Salem from here on out.
Edited by Casey, May 30 2012, 10:04 AM.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

I like it when evil villains arrive, have a story arc and then go. I think it keeps the show fresher.

I'm actually glad his connection with Ej was cut. I think they should have been able to present a creative story without this overwhelming need to change paternity to make things interesting. I don't think MarDar offered much for this character otherwise.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Not surprised. Days has no clue how to use talented soap actors like Buchanan, Sarah Brown, Tamara Braun, etc. More talent squandered by Corday and his merry band of idiots.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply