Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Drama Series not being presented last at Daytime Emmys
Topic Started: May 30 2012, 01:20 PM (880 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

HLN is tweeting their planning meeting for the Daytime Emmy telecast and one of the first things they tweeted is that Outstanding Morning Show is going to be the last award presented at the Daytime Emmy's.

This will be the first time since the Daytime Emmy's inception that Outstanding Drama Series is not the last award of the night.

HLN News and Views
For the first time, the #DaytimeEmmys award for best morning show will be the final award if the night. Will it be @todayshow or @gma ?
https://twitter.com/#!/HLNTV

Other highlights:

-A promise of a "return to glamour"
-Best Culinary Show is also going to be presented for the first time at the main ceremony.

Edited by Mitchapalooza, May 30 2012, 01:41 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Yep. Someone take this damn show outback and shoot it. I'm done with it. Daytime critics need to come up with their own show and if the actors don't want to embrace it they can go fuck themselves. THe Emmys are a joke and its becoming more about the soap actors getting the PRIVILEGE of bumping shoulders with the legendary Rachel Rays and Dr. Oz's. Give me a fucking break.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Some people have been tweeting HLN about being pissed that Drama Series is not the final award, like it traditionally is.

HLN News and Views
Don't worry! @BarbaraDarlin @riasangelina We plan on having soap tributes as well! #DaytimeEmmys
Edited by Mitchapalooza, May 30 2012, 01:44 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

SOD should just have their own official awards & we should do away with the Emmys. This is effing ridiculous. Of course, with only 4 shows left, does it even matter anymore?

Checkers
Member Avatar

HLN,

Posted Image

Edited by Checkers, May 30 2012, 01:50 PM.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

It is totally weird that they changed it up, but this isn't the Daytime Soap Awards it is for all of Daytime television. I really don't care what order it is announced. I just hope they have kickass tributes for AMC and OLTL.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Eh. That doesn't really bother me. As long as it's presented at some point in the night. Hell, I wouldn't mind the daytime drama categories being the first awards presented so I can turn the channel afterwards.

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

DrewHamilton
May 30 2012, 02:33 PM
Eh. That doesn't really bother me. As long as it's presented at some point in the night. Hell, I wouldn't mind the daytime drama categories being the first awards presented so I can turn the channel afterwards.
Same. I could care less about the rest of the crap.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I don't give a mouses ass about the other categories either...but I still feel it is an act of disrespect towards daytime dramas by unseating it as the final award of the evening when it has been a long-standing tradition to present it last.

Bremol
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
May 30 2012, 01:44 PM
Some people have been tweeting HLN about being pissed that Drama Series is not the final award, like it traditionally is.

HLN News and Views
Don't worry! @BarbaraDarlin @riasangelina We plan on having soap tributes as well! #DaytimeEmmys
Why does this make it sound as though the soaps are only an after thought?
Edited by Bremol, May 30 2012, 08:19 PM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Yeah. Tributes to the soaps sound terrible. While I would like to see AMC and OLTL get proper sendoffs because last year was a fucking disgrace and a slap in the face to any soap fan...I don't like this wording when it comes to the soaps that still exist. It makes it sound like they are going to get a 15 second video package for each soap and that's it. I want clips from the reels when each nominee is announced. I want soap stars presenting the awards to other soap stars. I don't want Nancy Grace presenting Lead Actor In A Drama Series. This is going to be a total disaster. Could actually be WORSE than the Vegas additions of this show. Please for the love of God end the Emmys after this year and come up with something new.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I don't see HOW it could be worse than Vegas Promotion 101 last year....

I hope they just keep it simple, make it ABOUT daytime (all aspects of it), show the damn acting clips/show clips, and cut the damn frilly filler crap out of it.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I don't care about talk shows, health shows, or cooking shows so for me personally it could get worse. I do agree I was probably exaggerating though. At least we won't get stupid Vegas promoting clips. But I have a bad feeling that this is going to be more of a slap in the face to soaps because of the wording of some things they have said. Seems like soaps are a major afterthought here. As little time as they were given for the Vegas Emmys they still headlined the show. They can't even get that now. I will be super happy if we get any actor/actress clips and some soap videos but I have my doubts.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply