Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Joseph Mascolo Speaks Out About Being Written Out of Salem...for now; June 11th issue
Topic Started: May 31 2012, 12:45 PM (9,295 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Joe Mascolo Speaks Out About Being Written Out Of DAYS … For Now!

As fans are watching this week the drama unfolding on Days of our Lives, most of the residents of the town of Salem are about to ready, aim, fire a gun at Stefano DiMera! Who pulls the trigger will be the ultimate mystery? Or, will it be if Stefano is truly dead, dead? In the latest issue of Soap Opera Digest on newsstands now, the very popular Joe Mascolo (Stefano) talks openly about the events that led to Stefano being shot and the decimation of the nucleus the formed the current DiMera Clan!

Mascolo revealed, “Every single thing that went wrong in Salem was Stefano’s fault. Every single thing. He got blamed for everything. When Stefano got blamed for this business with Lexie illness, I got very angry. Stefano and his daughter had an absolutely pure relationship. I adore Renee Jones (Lexie). When she came to my dressing room and said, “I’m going to be leaving soon, and this is what is going to happen,” I said, “Oh, no!”

Joe also goes on to say how unhappy he was that they changed the father/son relationship between EJ and Stefano too!. “It was very difficult. The bottom line Stefano is will always be about family. So when they wrote that, I couldn’t figure it out. In all honesty, Stefano nor EJ would have had wanted it that way. As a matter of fact when James Scott (EJ) saw the business that Elvis wasn’t Stefano’s son, we both went, “No, that’s wrong.” We didn’t want it that way.”
Another issue for Mascolo was the ruination of Stefano’s relationship with Kate, played by Lauren Koslow. “Stefano and Kate were solid, and in love, and I thought breaking them up was such a bad move.”

As for now, Mascolo told SOD, “For all intent and purposes, Stefano is dead.” But sources are reporting that he is already included in future story plans! So, will the Phoenix rise again? Do you think the writer ruined the character of Stefano with all these latest plot shifts leading up to his “murder”? Or, do you think it’s making for great soapy drama? Let us know your thoughts!

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/joe-mascolo-speaks-out-about-being-written-out-of-days-for-now/2012/05/31/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

LMAO Joe is not a fan of MarDar.

Star784
Member Avatar

THIS IS ALL MARDAR'S FAULT!!!!
Edited by Star784, May 31 2012, 12:50 PM.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

The first thought that came to mind was wow! it must have been the actors that got MARDAR fired.
With so many tid bits coming out, it seems like the actors/esses read their their scripts and said, WTF, this is not how it is suppose to be. It proves that everyone was affected, no one charcter left unscathed by MARDAR.

Thanks MF, great interview and insight into the BTS at DAYS!
Edited by Dreamer, May 31 2012, 12:52 PM.

Ellie

Thanks SocRMum. We'll be updating the first post with the full SOD article shortly.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Joe never seems too happy with the choices the writers make when he's interviewed. :laugh:

I do agree with him on most of this. I like State but I think it was good to give them some angst. This was a bit heavy handed, though.

And I absolutely agree with him on the Stefano/EJ dynamic. No matter what, history has proven that biology doesn't mean that much to Stefano when it comes to his kids. It was ridiculous to write this as being otherwise - particularly given how close Stefano and EJ have been.

He's right - Stefano does get blamed for everything in town. But there was a time when he really was pretty much responsible for it. I'm actually surprised he doesn't miss the aspect of Stefano being deserving of that blame more than being bothered by getting the blame.

lysie
Member Avatar

I hate JM interviews. The guy doesn't know his own character at all. Pure relationship my ass.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I don't blame Joe for not being happy with MarDar's work. I don't think many were. Tfp. :)
Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Just wow......I agree with Joe on every point, and I am no EJ fan to be sure.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

TFP. ICAM with every point he made. I wish they'd kept Ian around to let someone else be the villain at times. The Dimeras can't be responsible for every tragedy in Salem.

Days4Life

I agree with JM about the Stefano/EJ relationship. This plotline makes no sense at all, especially to anyone who has watched the show through the years. If Stefano returns (and I'm sure he will; he's the Phoenix!), the new/old writers need to fix this.

JoeBucs32

So it's obvious from his avoidance of the question that Stefano is alive and well in Salem after a brief absence...

CarlD2

I can imagine that not actually doing most of these things (as Stefano) and then being blamed for them, meaning you don't get to play the drama, it's just dumped on you, must be annoying.

The whole story just seemed so desperate - it reminds me of a few years ago when AMC suddenly wanted everyone to try to kill Adam Chandler, so you had him causing heart problems for babies and retroactively killing Dixie.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I agree with him about ruining the DiMera family and the EJ thing...but he is DEAD wrong about State...that relationship is SO wrong for the character of Stefano...Kate pussified him!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, May 31 2012, 01:11 PM.

spartan
Member Avatar

So, Joe M is not a card-carrying member of the MarDar fanclub? LOL. I don't blame him. Why would he be? They did nothing for him. :flipoff:

Quote:

As a matter of fact when James Scott (EJ) saw the business that Elvis wasn’t Stefano’s son, we both went, “No, that’s wrong.” We didn’t want it that way.”

Why do I have a feeling that wasn't the exact words Joe & James used upon seeing that storyline? I can only imagine the expletives that flew with those two during that discussion.

I'm glad Joe can speak out about that garbage. He's being too nice, though, but I understand why. Joe rocks.
Edited by spartan, May 31 2012, 01:05 PM.

JoeBucs32

Clearly, MarDar don't know the meaning of subtlety -- they did this entire "Who shot Stefano?" story with such a heavy hand that it's just ridiculous.

SabrinaD18
Member Avatar

The Phoenix always fucking RISES!!!!

Go Joe!!!! if you think the actors are frustrated, the viewers are actually trapped watching this shit!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I love how honest he always is about his character and some of the decisions that this show makes concerning him. I always thought Stefano should come and go and I think it would be wise for the show to offer JM short term deals so that they can build those stories that he wreaks havoc and then disappears, regroups and comes back stronger. Problem is JM is older now, so I'm not sure how much time Stefano will have in Salem to do those things.

I agree with those saying that Kate and Stefano was so wrong on so many levels.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I think Joe is one of many upset. I think the cast loved MarDar early on because they listened to them but, after a few months, once they started rewriting history and rushing through everything I think they lost both the cast and fans.

I agree on all his points. It wasn't so much the story, it was the execution (aside from the EJ stuff, which made no sense). Everything was so rushed. MarDar had no idea how to pace a story.

JoeBucs32

Hopefully, the new writers will figure out this whole mess about EJ's parentage -- as well as Maggie's eggbaby.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply