Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD blind items; June 11th issue
Topic Started: May 31 2012, 03:04 PM (13,244 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

nocturnalblondie
Jun 8 2012, 12:15 PM
3. This popular actress, who has not worked a lot for the better part of last year, is thrilled by a recent backstage turn of events that will likely yield more story for her.

I'm almost positive this is Mary Beth Evans now. Days' Monday episode has a scene were Kayla talks with Abe, and tells him she'll be there for him if he ever needs her. Seemed to me, they might try Kayla/Abe as a pair once Lexie dies.

I am thinking this is 100% Melissa Reeves now...

She has confirmed the show is going back to Dannifer and she has been working a TON since Matt/old writers were fired.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Mitchapalooza
Jun 8 2012, 12:18 PM
nocturnalblondie
3. This popular actress, who has not worked a lot for the better part of last year, is thrilled by a recent backstage turn of events that will likely yield more story for her.

I'm almost positive this is Mary Beth Evans now. Days' Monday episode has a scene were Kayla talks with Abe, and tells him she'll be there for him if he ever needs her. Seemed to me, they might try Kayla/Abe as a pair once Lexie dies.

I am thinking this is 100% Melissa Reeves now...

She has confirmed the show is going back to Dannifer and she has been working a TON since Matt/old writers were fired.
But Missy was working a lot last year - we had Dannifer, Jen's heart being ripped out, Jack's return, she also had that mayor's storyline...

MBE on the other hand has hardly been shown last year and this year. I still think it's her!

And IMO, MBE is more popular than MR is!
Edited by NocturnalBlondie, Jun 8 2012, 01:46 PM.

happy
Member Avatar

But MR is on contract and MBE isn't. How much story are they going to give Kayla if MBE isn't on contract. I don't know why TPTB seem to think MR is so freaking popular, but they obviously think her shit doesn't stink.

I 100% agree with Mitch. From the tweet thread, it looks like MR is absolutely GIDDY that MA was fired and that she gets pretty hair dos and more air time. :puke:
Edited by happy, Jun 8 2012, 05:36 PM.

jtsahottie
Member Avatar
If I woke from a coma and Channing Tatum told me he was my husband... I'd Believe Him!

Excuse me but why in the hell is Days going back to Dannifer? Just get rid of SC already ugh.

blueskies
Member Avatar

happy
Jun 8 2012, 05:35 PM
But MR is on contract and MBE isn't. How much story are they going to give Kayla if MBE isn't on contract. I don't know why TPTB seem to think MR is so freaking popular, but they obviously think her shit doesn't stink.

I 100% agree with Mitch. From the tweet thread, it looks like MR is absolutely GIDDY that MA was fired and that she gets pretty hair dos and more air time. :puke:
Yeah I doubt its MBE. I still think its 100% Suzanne Rogers.

bygnedys

Maybe Mary Beth doesn't want to be on contract. Isn't she on the "Bay" and some other shows?

Is she still selling pies?

Why, why, why would they go back to that awful pairing? What an insult to the vet couples.

granolagirl
Member Avatar
"I don't know why I don't have a story, either!"

blueskies
Jun 8 2012, 05:47 PM
Yeah I doubt its MBE. I still think its 100% Suzanne Rogers.
I think so too.

OTOH, it would be hard for MBE to see less story than she did since she came back, lol.

Quote:

Maybe Mary Beth doesn't want to be on contract.

I doubt that. The pies and the websoap are side projects.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie

Good idea, especially with Stephen Nichols on Y&R. If Mary Beth Evans(Kayla) is going to stay on DAYS, then DAYS needs to break up Kayla & Steve, or kill off or re-cast Steve. Breaking them up is my pick. Now DAYS cast the invisible Joey!

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I still think this is about MBE, but with the latest spoilers it looks like MarDar was giving her a pretty substantial storyline anyway. Hopefully the new writers (however shitty they are) give her even more air time.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I now think the actress that is about to get more airtime is either Mary Beth Evans or Suzanne Rogers.
Quote Post Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

I think the actress is MB. Seems like she's the one with the major SL heading our way. Kidnapped and all and heading for the exit door in September. MB has been working a ton lately, way more than last year. I dont see SR or MBE taking over a major SL. As for packing on pounds, let's just say that MB is not fat, but by soap standards is not a size 0.

Staceyva1

Ellie
May 31 2012, 03:04 PM
1. This soap's cast members may support their co-star in the press, but we hear actors on set are privately grumbling about the recast.

2. This young performer was told by producers to lose weight.

4. The return of this character was really hyped in the press, but he will see little air time in the coming weeks.
1) I do think it's about the new Kristina on GH
2) What's Lexi's half brother's name?...perhaps him.
3)Maggie - and I think Maggie should get more air time. I like her. She should be the matriarch.
4) Lucas. :shame:

If anyone watches Y&R - do you think they're mentioning Cassie a heck of a lot? Is there a plan to bring that character back?

am103
Member Avatar

What kind of backstage turn of events would garner Suzanne Rogers more airtime? Nick's return?

I'm still "meh" about the whole Melissa Reeves thing. I would much rather see Jack/Jen than Jen/Daniel, but I can't really blame the girl for being excited about getting a story, since no writers seem to want to put a good story together for Jack. What a shame and a waste of talent.

I think Mary Beth Evans is the one getting more screentime, with Renee Jones leaving. It does sound like Abe/Kayla is the next big coupling, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I like both characters, and I found myself surprisingly ecstatic when Victor/Maggie was first introduced, so I'm going to be on a "wait-and-see" status when it comes to Abe/Kayla.

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

am103
Jun 12 2012, 12:57 PM
What kind of backstage turn of events would garner Suzanne Rogers more airtime? Nick's return?

No, Gary Tomlin's. She's one of his biggest pets. He loves his pets.
Quote:

I'm still "meh" about the whole Melissa Reeves thing. I would much rather see Jack/Jen than Jen/Daniel, but I can't really blame the girl for being excited about getting a story, since no writers seem to want to put a good story together for Jack. What a shame and a waste of talent.
For someone who seems to have such a desire for her character to be loved by everyone at all times, it's strange that she is so excited about Jennifer returning to one of the most hated pairings in recent memory. I doubt it will do much for her popularity.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

I'm having a hard time believing that Molly Burnett would be the one told to lose weight. On what planet is that girl remotely overweight?? So what if she put on a few? As boney as she was, she could afford to put on a few pounds. :shrug:

Drew
Member Avatar

The thing about Suzanne Rogers if it's actually her is that her airtime has nothing to do with Gary Tomlin or MarDar. Her character benefitted from the absense of Marlena. There's only so much time a soap in this youth obsessed era will allocate to 65-70 year olds, now that Marlena's back she occupies the bulk of that time just by the nature of her character.
Edited by Drew, Jun 12 2012, 09:40 PM.

brazen
Member Avatar

Ellie
May 31 2012, 03:04 PM
1. This soap's cast members may support their co-star in the press, but we hear actors on set are privately grumbling about the recast.

2. This young performer was told by producers to lose weight.

4. The return of this character was really hyped in the press, but he will see little air time in the coming weeks.
1. Kristina -GH
2. Michael on GH?
3. Hunter Tylo
4. He...Lucas.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply