Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Christie Clark Interview; June 11th issue
Topic Started: May 31 2012, 03:19 PM (3,056 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

SOD: Your return in September 2011 was very well-received. Did you have a sense that you might be written out?

Christie Clark: No. Patrick kept saying "I think it might be happening." I told him he was crazy, but he was right.

SOD: Rumors of comings and goings are a part of being on a soap, but when the rumor is about you, how does that affect your performance?

Clark: Way back in 1992, Patrick and i always felt that we were going to be fired. In Hollywood, you never know what can happen, so you always have to work like it's your last week. As an actor, I think it's good to feel that way because it pushes you to do better.

SOD: When Carrie and Austin came back to Salem last September, we learned that Carrie was a lawyer and Austin was a forensics accountant. How did you feel about Carrie's new profession?

Clark: I think it made Carrie stronger. She finally learned her lesson as far as people walking all over her. You saw that she had a bit of the Irish fighter in her, especially when you saw her giving a couple of people a good, strong soap opera slap [laughs]. It made for great drama. For me, I felt my character was pretty strong from the get-go, and I was pleased about that. I think for Patrick, it was different. Austin didn't have the same edge that we saw in 1992. Back then, he was a fighter and a musician. The character we saw come back was more like the Austin who left in 2006. It wasn't the Austin that Patrick played when he was first on the show.

Digest: What was your response when you saw that an attraction was building between Carrie and Rafe?

Clark: At first, I was upset because in reality, you wouldn't go after your sister's husband. But as time went on, it fit because Carrie and Rafe shared the same values. They're very similar people when it comes to loyalty and friendships. For the most part, they try to be good people, but there was a sexuality between them that they couldn't control. They really wanted to be together, which made Carrie and Rafe a little naughty. It was something that they weren't used to being. It was also something that they were venturing through together, which made it interesting. That changed when Carrie found out that she was pregnant with Austin's baby. She wanted to be a good person and make the right choice, which was to be with her husband, yet she still struggled with her attraction to Rafe.

SOD: At around the same time you were let go from the show, Gary Tomlin and Christopher Whitesell replaced Marlene McPherson and Darrell Ray Thomas, Jr. as head writers. What did you think of the change?

Clark: It's fun when new people come in and have a different take on the character. The last show that I did was written by Gary and Christopher, so I got a taste of what they were doing. From that one script, I enjoyed their work very much.

SOD: After you and Patrick taped your last episode, did you hear reports that you might be back?

Clark: Yes, I heard that from the beginning. I had a chat with Greg Meng and he said, "Not at the moment, but of course, we would like to have you back."

SOD: When word got out that you and Patrick were off Days, the fans were very vocal in their response. How did that make you feel?

Clark: It was great. It's wonderful to know people enjoy your work and are upset to hear that you're leaving.

SOD: One person who was particularly vocal was your own mother.

Clark: Yes. My mother told me that she sent a message to a couple of fans on Facebook. These were people who she had known since I first started on the show when I was 11, and they became her friends. One of them copied and pasted her message and it was put on a website. That's how it spread. It's such a funny world today because everyone can tweet and tell you what is out there. But she was sad about me leaving. When I was growing up, she took me to the show. Days has been a huge part of her life.

SOD: Did the messages from fans ever affect your performance?

Clark: We taped so far in advance that if you did make a change, viewers wouldn't notice it overnight. It was interesting to read that fans felt there were times when I could have played Carrie being more sensitive to Austin's feelings. Days has so many fan bases. There are the "Caustin" fans and also the "Cafe" fans. It's fun to see people get worked up. Whether they like what you're doing or not, it shows that they care about the show.

SOD: How are you adjusting to being with your husband and daughters full-time again in San Francisco?

Clark: I'm nurturing my nest is the best way to put it. My life with my family in San Francisco is full of emotional richness, but it is difficult the shed the skin of being Carrie. I think Patrick and I put so much of our heart and soul into Austin and Carrie, so our thoughts are filled with the characters.

SOD: Is there anything else you're missing about being at Days?

Clark: Absolutely. I had the perfect situation. There were diapers and dishes for four days of the week, and then a little bit of my old life, which was acting. So I miss the acting, hair and wardrobe, the cast and crew, the camaraderie at the set. There is a good feeling at the show. It wasn't that way in the 80's and 90's. I don't know, maybe we were paid too much back then. Now, there is a feeling that soaps might die and there is a hunger. Whatever it is, the cast and crew at Days today really want it to success. It's a fabulous place to work.

SOD: Characters come and go, and then often come back again. Do you think there is still more story to be told with Carrie?

Clark: Definitely. People have watched me grow up as Carrie on Days. I also feel like I've never wanted to play Carrie more. So yes, I think there is more story to tell. I just don't think that it's over.

SOD: If you could envision the perfect way for Carrie to return, how would you like her to come back?

Clark: I'd like to see Carrie acting like her mom, Anna DiMera, very flirty and feisty.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I hope she returns, it seems like she is unsure what the writers are doing.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

So, sounds like she is not returning...looks like the rumours are wrong.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
May 31 2012, 03:24 PM
Idk abt that, she was probably just told to keep it under wraps.

And acting like Anna?!?! Lmao.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

its confusing me this interview,i was so sure she was returning......
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

It certainly does sound like she might not be returning, but then again maybe she just can't confirm or give big hints that it's in the works. Then again, the rumor could have had validity a few weeks back and things changed BTS.
Online Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
This interview was probably done last week, before word leaked that she was returning. Also, keep in mind that the show is being super secretive about everything these days so if she is coming back they probably told her not to say anything.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

blueskies
May 31 2012, 03:28 PM
That comment threw me a bit. Hasn't Carrie been ruined enough at this point? That kind of flirty/feisty behavior is fun for a character like Anna, but Carrie should never be written as the town whore.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I would like to see Christy come back with Leann,we haven't seen Carrie and Anna onscreen together in a very very very very long time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

The reports seem pretty confident she is returning. I bet she's not allowed to confirm anything yet.

I'm sorry but I can't see her pulling off anything close to Anna's flirty, feisty personality. Christie just doesn't have that sex appeal. Sorry, but she is no sex kitten.

LMAO that she thought the Carrie/Rafe stuff was any good. Naughty? Nah, more like mean and heartless. Plus, that was the biggest bunch of cheese ever written. People were comparing them to Ejaylor for crying out loud. None of it felt genuine and especially now at the end it has spiraled down even further. If they bring her back she'd be better off having something completely new to sink her teeth into. I'd like to see Anna come back and have a complicated relationship between Marlena, Anna and Carrie for something totally different.

Offline Profile Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Aw, she is the best. I love her so much.

Carrie was a little wonky this time around though.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Taelyn

Kenny
May 31 2012, 03:40 PM
blueskies
May 31 2012, 03:28 PM
That comment threw me a bit. Hasn't Carrie been ruined enough at this point? That kind of flirty/feisty behavior is fun for a character like Anna, but Carrie should never be written as the town whore.
IMO She aleady has been... True she didnt have sex with Rafe, But she is still a Whore, even if just an emotional Whore.
And Groping eachother thru the night sounds like a Whore to me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

My guess is that it's probably pretty much confirmed that she will return but the timing hasn't been determined. So nothing is set in stone. That's a guess.
Offline Profile Goto Top

CoronaDays
Member Avatar

Kenny
May 31 2012, 03:35 PM
Mitchapalooza
This interview was probably done last week, before word leaked that she was returning. Also, keep in mind that the show is being super secretive about everything these days so if she is coming back they probably told her not to say anything.
Just finished reading this weeks SOD issue. This interview sounds like it was done around the same time DR did their interview with Christie.

I would love to see Anna and Carrie interact. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the last time they shared scenes together was back in 1986 with Andrea Barber in the role.
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

I think CC's return is something that is floating around out there with nothing for sure yet, including time frame, if she does return.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

CoronaDays
May 31 2012, 07:07 PM
Kenny
Mitchapalooza
Just finished reading this weeks SOD issue. This interview sounds like it was done around the same time DR did their interview with Christie.

I would love to see Anna and Carrie interact. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the last time they shared scenes together was back in 1986 with Andrea Barber in the role.
CC's Carrie had a few scenes with Anna in 1986, too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

What are the writers going to do? Kill off Austin and/or the baby? I don't know how the writers can bring back Carrie without Austin and/or the baby,put Carrie with Rafe, and have viewers still like Carrie.I absolutely hate that the writers have Austin so happy about the baby and have Carrie crying because she is having Austin's baby and tellling Rafe she loves him.
I want the writers to bring back Carrie,Austin,and the baby.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Hamilton
May 31 2012, 04:01 PM
LMAO that she thought the Carrie/Rafe stuff was any good. Naughty? Nah, more like mean and heartless. Plus, that was the biggest bunch of cheese ever written. People were comparing them to Ejaylor for crying out loud. None of it felt genuine and especially now at the end it has spiraled down even further.

Agreed. I understand that she wants to keep doors open to get her job back. But it's interesting-- and a little jarring -- to see her comments after reading JM's honest admissions that he wasn't happy with what he got from the writers.

Quote:

CC: It's fun to see people get worked up. Whether they like what you're doing or not, it shows that they care about the show.

I suppose it's okay coming from her as an actress, but a similar statement from Darrell last winter was extremely off-putting. None of them seems to get that caring about the show and actually watching the show are not the same thing. Ratings prove that. People who are "worked up" may care, but it doesn't mean they'll subject themselves to stuff they don't like.

Quote:

CC: the cast and crew at Days today really want it to succeed. It's a fabulous place to work.

I'm glad she's had a happy experience, but this doesn't jibe with what I've been hearing. In any case, it's too bad none of their bosses seems to share in wanting the show to succeed -- at least not enough to actually do something about it like write a good story.

For some reason, this interview just didn't do much for me. I liked the DR interview better.

Edited by annie21, May 31 2012, 09:53 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

I think that CC was a definite consideration, but now that ED is available, things might have changed. Carrie is limited to Rafe drama and ED could impact more characters on screen. I wonder how bring their wallet is? ED would be big bucks, I'm sure.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

CoronaDays
May 31 2012, 07:07 PM
Kenny
Mitchapalooza

:o oh my goodness really????? wow.but anna did return later on,so its weird that she never shared a scene w carrie... :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic