Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Strasser blasts Laura Wright for "The Chew" Appearance
Topic Started: May 31 2012, 07:15 PM (3,027 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Just noticed Robin Strasser made this tweet about Laura Wright's recent appearance on THE CHEW:

https://twitter.com/robinstrasser/status/208249886519459840

@LauraWright is WRONG praising the Chew, confusing protecting her own job with love/fun/or that bad food. 800 jobs lost when OLTL cancelled.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, May 31 2012, 07:17 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Oh shit... O.O

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

LOL at her tweeting some random chick who isn't Laura Wright though. :P

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

^ I know...that poor girl!

demilyftw3
Member Avatar

AT LEAST WE KNOWB who sdhe is LMAO lw IS ALLKINDS OF WRONG WOW I GUESS money means more to her than friendship what a loser

Daytime
Member Avatar

Tell it Robin!!!! I agree with every word...except for tweeting the wrong person..LOL Gawd, I love her.. :lol:

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Robin Strasser is soap royalty. When she speaks, I listen. And I completely agree with her sentiments here. Laura Wright was disgraceful but I'm sure she made a few bucks so screw hundreds of her peers getting axed. I'm almost in shock that she or anyone else that still has a paying job in the soap genre would be willing to go on that show. Now I guess I will go back to hoping they fire her ass and replace her with Sarah Joy Brown. Someone who actually has chemistry with Sonny and Jason, the two most important people in Carly's life.

Taelyn

I wonder though.. Isnt it her "GH's" Network.. Its possible that she was ...>>>>'Told' to do that. Just like the Dyas cast visit Ellen all the time.. Just tossing out possibilities **

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

nocturnalblondie
May 31 2012, 07:18 PM
Reminds me of Kola Boof tweeting random people about Kristian Alfonso, Peter Brash & Alison Sweeney being vile monsters.

johnwalterseip
Member Avatar

darraholic
Jun 1 2012, 12:31 AM
nocturnalblondie
May 31 2012, 07:18 PM
Reminds me of Kola Boof tweeting random people about Kristian Alfonso, Peter Brash & Alison Sweeney being vile monsters.
Wait What?????

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

It will be so humbling to see the lovely Laura Wright make an appearance on Good Afternoon, America when that show kicks General Hospital off the ABC schedule within the next few months.

reagon

Soaps are dead. I'm not sure what Laura Wright did that was so wrong. She's planning for her post soap future and promoting her winery. People in corporate america lose jobs constantly. Maybe Strasser should spend her time productively rather than continuing to endorse a show that axed her 6 months before it went off the air.

Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

Laura can appear on whatever show she wants to. I don't care, people shouldn't be criticized for stuff like this. I understand why Strasser would have hurt feelings about the matter, but she shouldn't take it out on Laura. Laura didn't cancel OLTL, so there is no reason to place any anger on her.

RoseVioletDaisy
Member Avatar

reagon
Jun 1 2012, 08:00 AM
Soaps are dead. I'm not sure what Laura Wright did that was so wrong. She's planning for her post soap future and promoting her winery. People in corporate america lose jobs constantly. Maybe Strasser should spend her time productively rather than continuing to endorse a show that axed her 6 months before it went off the air.

LW didn't do anything wrong. For whatever reason, a lot of the OLTL folks have an insane sense of entitlement and anger about their cancellation that I haven't seen from anyone from Passions, GL, ATWT, or AMC. They think that the world should stand still and remain permanently outraged over the injustice of their cancellation. :huh: Whatevs. Their show was campy overrated crap under Cartini and so were their ratings for the vast majority of their tenure.

Yeah, it's a shame that 800 people lost their jobs when OLTL got axed but millions have gotten laid off and let go in various industries across the country since the recession started. It's a sad reality everywhere.

Lucky
Jun 1 2012, 08:09 AM
Laura can appear on whatever show she wants to. I don't care, people shouldn't be criticized for stuff like this. I understand why Strasser would have hurt feelings about the matter, but she shouldn't take it out on Laura. Laura didn't cancel OLTL, so there is no reason to place any anger on her.

ITA. Even if GH doesn't get axed this year, it'll get another year or two at the very most. LW is well under 50 and has two kids who I'm sure she'd like to put through college so it's very wise of her to diversify and plan for the future, when the GH paycheck is no longer coming in. Why shouldn't she use the opportunity to publicize GH and her other endeavors, like her winery? And a cooking show is the perfect place to pimp a winery.

Mason

I guess the fact that Robin also tweeted that LW is "talented, beautiful and strong" following that first tweet is just going to go completely ignored...

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I think the people behind OLTL are bitter because the show was relatively creatively strong the last five years or so, and it had a very passionate following while the people saw the suits systematically trying to kill the show - and being fairly open about what they were doing, while denigrating soaps every chance they could get.

I don't think it's wrong for LW to go on The Chew because it's a show on her network and she has a right to promote herself and her other endeavors, but I also sympathize with people who worked on OLTL and AMC feeling bitter when they see the complete failure of The Revolution and the weakness of The Chew.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Robin Strasser is childish. Shows get canceled all the time but she is being praised for attacking someone. Laura was on there promoting her winery which will probably be her main source of income when GH is canceled.

reagon

Mason
Jun 1 2012, 09:27 AM
I guess the fact that Robin also tweeted that LW is "talented, beautiful and strong" following that first tweet is just going to go completely ignored...
Of course she did after people called her on her BS tweet. Frankly maybe she needs to start focusing on her own career rather than blasting others for trying to promote themselves to make a living. I don't see Susan Lucci the epitome of soap royalty sitting around tweeting bitterness about AMC or Erika about OLTL for that matter.

Mason

reagon
Jun 1 2012, 10:37 AM
Mason
Jun 1 2012, 09:27 AM
Of course she did after people called her on her BS tweet.
Robin doesn't strike me as the type of person to be disingenuous for the sake of pleasing anyone (she's smart enough to know that she won't, anyway), and, at this point, she doesn't need to be. If she said it, she probably meant it.

Personally, I don't really care one way or the other that Laura Wright appeared on The Chew. But I don't think any ABC daytime actor -- past or present -- is necessarily wrong for being bothered by it and for saying so.

Taelyn

But cant ABC "Require" a certain # of publicity appearances if they choose? I mean if you are under Contract to NBC and contracted to personal appearance jobs, Couldnt they face serious problems if they simply refuse just becuz the timeslot once belonged to a former Soap ?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply