Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Strasser blasts Laura Wright for "The Chew" Appearance
Topic Started: May 31 2012, 07:15 PM (3,143 Views)
happy
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Jun 2 2012, 02:18 AM
But cant ABC "Require" a certain # of publicity appearances if they choose? I mean if you are under Contract to NBC and contracted to personal appearance jobs, Couldnt they face serious problems if they simply refuse just becuz the timeslot once belonged to a former Soap ?
But it doesn't sound like she was promoting GH, just her winery. So I doubt she was "forced" into this promotional appearance by GH or TPTB.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I agree with her, 100%.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I can see both sides of the argument!

I think Robin is entitled be pissed off. Only for the mere fact that, GH could have easily been cancelled before OLTL, if the cancellations were based on things like rating instead of favoritism. I didn't see anyone from OLTL on The Chew after AMC got cancelled. (Unless I missed it because I wouldn't watch that shit-fest lol) I would guess she has a mind set of "United We Stand, United We Fall". If the roles were reversed and OLTL made it and GH was cancelled for one of those stupid shows and Robin went on that show, I am sure she would have been blast by people as well.

Then on the other hand I can see Laura Wrights side too. I mean what if ABC made her go on that show? Perhaps since she owns a winery she was the most "suitable" choice to do it! I can't blame anyone for doing appearances on shows in order to promote a part of their livelihood. Because let's face it, one day all the soaps will be gone and these people are going to have to make a living just like every other Tom, Dick and Harry who has lost their jobs!

lili
Member Avatar

Bravo Robin :cheer:

I'm so glad she called LW out on this.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

If your gonna bad mouth a person on twitter make sure it's really them first,I could see her point if LW had gone on the revolution.I understand she lost a job she's had for a very long time,but shows get cancelled all of the time,it sucks,but u suck it up,say f off to the network and move onto a newer project.

Jenn<3'sDays
Member Avatar
"You know what works better then kindness, A really big hammer." - Zuri Ross

So she didn't get the right twitter account, It's the thought that counts. Lol.

AmyJo

Mitchapalooza
May 31 2012, 07:15 PM
Just noticed Robin Strasser made this tweet about Laura Wright's recent appearance on THE CHEW:

https://twitter.com/robinstrasser/status/208249886519459840

@LauraWright is WRONG praising the Chew, confusing protecting her own job with love/fun/or that bad food. 800 jobs lost when OLTL cancelled.
I'm surprised that she didn't chew Josh Duhamel (Leo, AMC) out for going on "The Chew" last week--(pun intended!) LOL. After all, it was his former soap, the one that HE claimed gave him his first real break & is so near and dear to his heart, that got whacked for "The Chew"...Way to go Josh. :shrug:
Edited by AmyJo, Jun 22 2012, 12:12 AM.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

Mitchapalooza
May 31 2012, 07:15 PM
Just noticed Robin Strasser made this tweet about Laura Wright's recent appearance on THE CHEW:

https://twitter.com/robinstrasser/status/208249886519459840

@LauraWright is WRONG praising the Chew, confusing protecting her own job with love/fun/or that bad food. 800 jobs lost when OLTL cancelled.
DAMN? shes on twitter? get out! LOL if u hadnt posted it here,i wouldve never known!

thanks! :cheer:

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Seriously, HLN or the Emmy academy or whoever is coordinating this weekend's Emmys need to get it together and do something smart and strategic that will get at least a few extra fans to tune in: re-arrange the presenting schedule and have Robin Strasser and Laura Wright present the Outstanding Drama Series trophy together.

No, it won't save the Emmys and/or bring in millions of more viewers, but it will be a moment somewhat reminiscent of the 1994 MTV Video Music Awards when Madonna and David Letterman presented an award together.

Doubt Robin would kiss Laura on the cheeks, though. Ha

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply