Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings - May 21 to May 25; Horrible week for DAYS
Topic Started: Jun 1 2012, 05:42 PM (2,219 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Ratings Report for the Week of May 21-25, 2012

NOTE: Please do not copy and paste the entire ratings. Thank you.

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,288,000 (+33,000/-359,000)
2. B&B 3,078,000 (-4,000/+246,000)
3. GH 2,368,000 (+29,000/-80,000)
4. DAYS 2,294,000 (-64,000/-47,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.2/11 (-.1/-.2)
2. B&B 2.3/8 (-.1/+.2)
3. GH 1.8/5 (same/-.1)
4. DAYS 1.7/6 (-.1/same)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 822,000 (-5,000/-143,000)
2. B&B 680,000 (+16,000/+143,000)
3. GH 603,000 (+8,000/-70,000)
4. DAYS 480,000 (-32,000/-150,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.3/9 (same/-.2)
2. B&B 1.1/7 (+.1/+.3)
3. GH 0.9/6 (same/-.1)
4. DAYS 0.7/5 (-.1/-.3) <—– ties low

Men 18+ Viewers
1. Y&R 868,000 (-30,000/-157,000)
2. B&B 590,000 (-32,000/-5,000)
3. DAYS 438,000 (-38,000/-84,000)
4. GH 434,000 (-19,000/-1,000)

See the rest at ----> http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/news/ratings-ghbb-up-in-women-18-49-viewers
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jun 1 2012, 11:03 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DAYS Daily Ratings

DAYS
Monday: 1.8/2,405,000
Tuesday: 1.9/2,441,000
Wednesday: 1.7/2,301,000
Thursday: 1.7/2,222,000
Friday: 1.6/2,101,000

blueskies
Member Avatar

These are just sad for Days.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

All 4 soaps tied for #1 in Women 18-34...that is the first time in history that all network soaps on the air have tied for #1 in any demo.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jun 1 2012, 05:49 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

LOL. It's just to the point that it's funny.

Checkers
Member Avatar

SMH @ Y&R.

The show is capable of so much more. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

Just when you think the show can’t get anymore hideous it does; the ratings are really reflecting it! Mar/Dar sweeps ratings wonder what they would be if it wasn’t sweeps!

ProphecyGirl

Bravo Days! Well deserved ratings! Keep writing those captivating stories and keep focusing on the same privileged group of characters. I love being bored to tears by Rafe, Carrie, John, Marlena, Bo and Hope.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Scary.

jtsahottie
Member Avatar
If I woke from a coma and Channing Tatum told me he was my husband... I'd Believe Him!

Days numbers are sad but what do you do when TPTB refuse to change anything. Im glad though that the one day I did watch got the highest ratings. At least my viewership counted for something, or so I like to think.

CoronaDays
Member Avatar

Day's numbers are just sad and depressing but not surprising.

michr544125

Not sure anything can save DOOL at this point. They need to start taking some chances because their chances of redemption are just about over.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Days deserves these ratings. I want the show to be saved, but its hard to have hope when they recycle the same SLs year after year.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I don't get all the panic over these numbers, which aren't much different from what the show has been getting for the better part of a year and a half. The show is in no more danger than it was last week or even a year ago and, keep in mind, I still think the show will be with us for a few more years despite what has been going on with it. NBC clearly still has an interest in it.

These numbers, while bad for sweeps, aren't that bad. The show was only down a little from last week and a little from last year. I was expecting much worse for both Days and GH. This week can be a rough week for soaps, especially soaps that aim for younger viewers (like Days and GH). I've seen years where they suffer HUGE losses toward the end of the week on the verge of a holiday weekend (Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, etc). Notice both Days and GH suffered their worst daily numbers on Friday when many were likely taking off for the holiday weekend. The CBS soaps skew older so they never get hit as hard when long holiday weekends factor in because their audience isn't as reliant on those who would likely take off for a trip over the holiday weekend.

Days is a HUGE mess but I would say these numbers are pretty good given that and given the week it was. I would say the show's been holding up pretty week given how bad it's been since MarDar came on.

King
Member Avatar

Well, the storylines haven't been that great, and I am sure everyone heard of the firings by now.

lysie
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jun 2 2012, 01:41 PM
I don't get all the panic over these numbers, which aren't much different from what the show has been getting for the better part of a year and a half. The show is in no more danger than it was last week or even a year ago and, keep in mind, I still think the show will be with us for a few more years despite what has been going on with it. NBC clearly still has an interest in it.

These numbers, while bad for sweeps, aren't that bad. The show was only down a little from last week and a little from last year. I was expecting much worse for both Days and GH. This week can be a rough week for soaps, especially soaps that aim for younger viewers (like Days and GH). I've seen years where they suffer HUGE losses toward the end of the week on the verge of a holiday weekend (Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, etc). Notice both Days and GH suffered their worst daily numbers on Friday when many were likely taking off for the holiday weekend. The CBS soaps skew older so they never get hit as hard when long holiday weekends factor in because their audience isn't as reliant on those who would likely take off for a trip over the holiday weekend.

Days is a HUGE mess but I would say these numbers are pretty good given that and given the week it was. I would say the show's been holding up pretty week given how bad it's been since MarDar came on.
I don't think they're that bad, but I do think they're funny. The show will be cancelled, but it's not going to be because of quality.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

LOL at your avi lysie

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

NBC primetime lineup on Thursday and Friday have comparable numbers to those of DAYS, that's what's really sad.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Kirk
Jun 3 2012, 07:15 AM
NBC primetime lineup on Thursday and Friday have comparable numbers to those of DAYS, that's what's really sad.

Except for Awake, thats not even remotely true at all - at least in the 18-49s demos, the actual ratings that count. Besides Awake, no other show dropped below 1.2, which while pathetic, is still close to double DAYS 0.7 this week among W18-49. We don't get to see A18-49 for DAYS, which would be worse than 0.7 because fewer men watch than women, so its fair to assume the comparable demos are more than doubled by Prime time.

The only prime time shows that got comparable ratings to DAYS were shows like Bent, Best Friends Forever, The Firm, Harry's Law and Awake - all of which were cancelled. The only other show with comparable ratings was Rock Centre, but that costs much less to produce.

Quote:

Yeah, Income statements dont care about that. They only register 480,000 W18-49 watched during sweeps and that means much lower advertising rates (greater losses?) until next sweeps.

For all of you wearing rose tinted glasses, unless Tomsell can turn this ship around, there is no business case to expect DAYS to cheat death when all those Prime time shows could not. Especially since The Chew has not exactly tanked.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Looking at these ratings, all I can say is that I miss OLTL. :(

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply