Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Damages Season 5; Final Season Starts July 11
Topic Started: Jun 3 2012, 08:40 AM (994 Views)
Southofsoap
Member Avatar

First promo released - tells us absolutely nothing though except Ellen's head is bleeding!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Nobody watching?

Wow, they killed off Jenna Elfman in the first episode - that has to be one of the most graphic intense murder scenes on TV I have ever witnessed. I actually had to turn away from the screen.

Ryan Phillipe can still pass for early 20s - its not fair lol. However, his fake accent is stupid.

All in all, its a zillion times better than season 4 - I guess they going all out for the final season :)

Mason
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Jul 17 2012, 05:29 PM
Nobody watching?
I couldn't make it through Season 3. I didn't even get to Season 4, LoL.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Mason
Jul 17 2012, 08:49 PM
Southofsoap
Jul 17 2012, 05:29 PM
Nobody watching?
I couldn't make it through Season 3. I didn't even get to Season 4, LoL.
If you couldn't finish season 3 then you should not be able to even finish the first episode of season 4. Season 3 was way better than Season 4 (thats how bad Season 4 was).

However Season 5 feels like a return to form of the earlier seasons. I wouldn't make this my final rating until the season is over, but I would rate the seasons from good to bad as: 1 > 2 = 5 > 3 >>>>> 4.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

I just started watching this show on Thursday and I'm already half way done Season 1.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

darraholic
Jul 28 2012, 11:12 AM
I just started watching this show on Thursday and I'm already half way done Season 1.
I hope you enjoying it!

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

I am really enjoying it. Although, I do find it unbelievable with Ted Danson being a bad guy lol.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

He is the bad guy, but I don't think he is evil, just extremely flawed. He's just like a dumb high school jock that really believed in and backed himself - He never understands the consequences of his actions until after the fact (even when they are obvious) and then out pops his conscience, he wants everyone to like him (like Katie & Patty despite what they mean as threats to him), has poor impulse control and a massive sense of entitlement.

But how awesome is Patty? There used to be a FB group - When I grow up, I want to be a bitch like Patty Hewes!

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Patty is awesome. I almost forget that it is Glenn Close playing a character. She's such an amazing actress.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

I'm almost done season one. Glenn Close is perfection! That's all.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

darraholic
Aug 14 2012, 01:27 AM
I'm almost done season one. Glenn Close is perfection! That's all.
Somebody said to me that Patty Hewes is just a less cartoony version of Cruella Deville. Not impressed.

Posted Image

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

I was shocked that she tried to have Ellen killed just to save her own ass. And the twist with Ellen working for the FBI was another great twist. I'll have to wait awhile to watch Seasons 2 and up, but I really love this show.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

An extremely satisfying series finale. That the show found its form again in the final season, will make me miss it more.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply