Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Campaign Plans and Ideas
Topic Started: Jun 4 2012, 07:38 PM (14,346 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

The other threads have become a bit too clogged. Use this thread to discuss campaign ideas, twitterbomb times, and whatever else you can think of to help promote a better show.

To clarify, DR is not sponsoring any of these campaigns. Various staff members may participate in some or all of them, but the board as a whole is not sponsoring them. We will not allow plans to fire actors or plans to promote couples fanbases in this thread. Otherwise, everything else is fine for now. If something starts to cause a problem, we may have to re-evaluate that.

Happy planning!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Not even a campaign to fire AS? Damn....ok....

Alana
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 4 2012, 07:38 PM
We will not allow plans to fire actors
As long as we are allowed to plot to fire writers I am fine...lol!

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

I want to twitterbomb for Lorraine Broderick.

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Not even a Sabe campaign :(

Sariah
Member Avatar

Guess that means no Elope either. :'(

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Not much left to campaign for. Wait and see how TomSell spin things, either it will be good or bad. We'll can campaign this in a few weeks. If is good, I don't mind letting @nbcdays know, if it's bad I am sure they'll get 1000's of nasty tweets, call and emails.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

If #REHIREMATT trended today, does any body know how many tweets were sent during this timeframe or for that period of time? 100's or 1000's? Just curious as to how it all works!

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

The next Matthew Ashford Twitterbomb is Thursday June 7th at 3pm EST/12pm PST! This time we're not tweeting the show, we'll be tweeting the magazines, requesting them to publish a story on our campaign efforts for Matt. There's no doubt that the #RehireMatt campaign reached the show... but reaching out to the magazines now, and getting them to publish a story on what we're doing would be great! It would really add some pressure onto DAYS to get him back! We're not just going to the show anymore, we're also going to magazines... and in the process, we're making them look bad on SOD/SID for having upset so many fans... they'll want to fix it!

The hashtag is...

#PrintFight4Matt

Our 3 targets are: @SoapDigest @soapsindepthcbs @soapsindepthabc

Example tweets:

Quote:

@SoapDigest We made Matthew Ashford trend on Twitter because we want him back! #PrintFight4Matt - http://pic.twitter.com/ufv2GAQb

@SoapDigest We made #RehireMatt trend in protest of @matthew_ashford's firing. Help our fight! #PrintFight4Matt

@SoapDigest Matthew Ashford acknowledged our campaign... can you? #PrintFight4Matt - http://www.facebook.com/matthewashfordspage/posts/399305833443885

@SoapDigest No Matthew Ashford, no #DAYS for us! Help us get our message across! #PrintFight4Matt

@soapsindepthcbs We made Matthew Ashford trend on Twitter because we want him back! #PrintFight4Matt - http://pic.twitter.com/ufv2GAQb

@soapsindepthcbs We made #RehireMatt trend in protest of @matthew_ashford's firing. Help our fight! #PrintFight4Matt

@soapsindepthcbs Matthew Ashford acknowledged our campaign... can you? #PrintFight4Matt - http://www.facebook.com/matthewashfordspage/posts/399305833443885

@soapsindepthcbs No Matthew Ashford, no #DAYS for us! Help us get our message across! #PrintFight4Matt

@soapsindepthabc We made Matthew Ashford trend on Twitter because we want him back! #PrintFight4Matt - http://pic.twitter.com/ufv2GAQb

@soapsindepthabc We made #RehireMatt trend in protest of @matthew_ashford's firing. Help our fight! #PrintFight4Matt

@soapsindepthabc Matthew Ashford acknowledged our campaign... can you? #PrintFight4Matt - http://www.facebook.com/matthewashfordspage/posts/399305833443885

@soapsindepthabc No Matthew Ashford, no #DAYS for us! Help us get our message across! #PrintFight4Matt

This campaign is less about trending, and more about catching the magazines' eyes! Please join us on Thursday as we attempt to get our campaign efforts published! Spread the word!

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I know some people are continuously tweeting... so for those of you who'd like to get started now on spreading the word about the fight, here are some other good people to reach out to...

@dcconfidential @MichaelFairman @Jamey_Giddens @JanetD1986 @CarolynHinsey @SOAPNet @thesoapcentral @DanJKroll @TVSource @SoapOperaNetwrk

Emails: editor@sonuni.com (Soap Opera Network), editor@welovesoaps.com (We Love Soaps), tvsource@sosourcemedia.com (TV Source)

J&J4eva

I'm on board for twitterbombing for Matt but a twitterbomb for better head writers should be organised too. NBC picked Tomlin to take over probably because the last time Days gained viewers was during the baby switch drama in 2009 when he was in charge. I'll bet his pitch to the network consisted of promoting his new, one dimensional, young characters embroiled in baby switches, Who's the Daddy? sagas and love triangles/quads that make no sense and the vets relegated to the back burner or written out like Jack. It really doesn't matter who is playing out these story lines it won't make for a better product. The show needs better writers.

onceinalifetime
Member Avatar

J&J4eva
Jun 5 2012, 04:33 AM
I'm on board for twitterbombing for Matt but a twitterbomb for better head writers should be organised too. NBC picked Tomlin to take over probably because the last time Days gained viewers was during the baby switch drama in 2009 when he was in charge. I'll bet his pitch to the network consisted of promoting his new, one dimensional, young characters embroiled in baby switches, Who's the Daddy? sagas and love triangles/quads that make no sense and the vets relegated to the back burner or written out like Jack. It really doesn't matter who is playing out these story lines it won't make for a better product. The show needs better writers.
^Agreed. I facebook messaged Richard Allen and Anne Schoettle, writers from the "good ole Days" and actually received a message back from Richard Allen. Ken Corday and the NBC execs even interferred back during the Cruise of Deception time period. Here is what he messaged me:

Richard Allen

11:51am Jun 4

Mary

I just saw now your kind message, because it went to some strange section of facebook that I never check. Thanks for the very many nice things you said about the days when Anne and I wrote the show. It was a great time for us...unfortunatley the network execs and Ken Corday weren't always so thrilled with our results. I tried to write for the show again in 2003 when Dena Higley was head writing...after 3 episodes, that never went anywhere either. I have been happily teaching college in Texas for almost 20 years now and doubt if Ken would EVER even think about bringing either of us back. But knowing that some viewers like you really enjoyed the stories we wrote and the way we tried to write them (with some real emotion, humor, and focusing on bonds of love and friendship betweren the characters) means more than you can imagine...

Sincerely,
Richard

happy
Member Avatar

onceinalifetime
Jun 5 2012, 06:37 AM
J&J4eva
^Agreed. I facebook messaged Richard Allen and Anne Schoettle, writers from the "good ole Days" and actually received a message back from Richard Allen. Ken Corday and the NBC execs even interferred back during the Cruise of Deception time period. Here is what he messaged me:

Richard Allen

Mary

I just saw now your kind message, because it went to some strange section of facebook that I never check. Thanks for the very many nice things you said about the days when Anne and I wrote the show. It was a great time for us...unfortunatley the network execs and Ken Corday weren't always so thrilled with our results. I tried to write for the show again in 2003 when Dena Higley was head writing...after 3 episodes, that never went anywhere either. I have been happily teaching college in Texas for almost 20 years now and doubt if Ken would EVER even think about bringing either of us back. But knowing that some viewers like you really enjoyed the stories we wrote and the way we tried to write them (with some real emotion, humor, and focusing on bonds of love and friendship betweren the characters) means more than you can imagine...

Sincerely,
Richard

TFP! Wow! Interesting! I wonder what KC and TPTB didn't like?

Honestly, I think some of the CoD was kind of spotty - but it seems like Shakespeare compared to now. LOL. I wasn't too crazy about the Play within a play, and the bad guy seemed kind of silly, as well as Jennifer swimming with the diaphragm after the crash. But some stuff was great like Hope's last goodbye scene before dying, and the afterglow between J&J in the pond after being spotted by Bope. Appreciated that it was a real umbrella story.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

Without specific writers to tout we'd have to do a "Fire TomSell" bomb instead, without suggesting anyone else as a replacement. People have talked about Lorraine Broderick, there's a plus in that she's actually a good writer but a minus in that she's never written for Days before (except that non-stint in 1999). Sheri Anderon's name comes up from time to time.

happy
Member Avatar

DesignatedShelley
Jun 5 2012, 07:18 AM
Without specific writers to tout we'd have to do a "Fire TomSell" bomb instead, without suggesting anyone else as a replacement. People have talked about Lorraine Broderick, there's a plus in that she's actually a good writer but a minus in that she's never written for Days before (except that non-stint in 1999). Sheri Anderon's name comes up from time to time.
How about Sherri Anderson and Lorraine Broderick as co-head writers or Thom Racina?

I don't know enough about these head writers. I just started learning about head writers after joining DR. I am attracted to the old names - because I want character-based drama, wider canvas interaction, rootable romance, but also development of other relationships like family, friendship, rivalries. And someone who knows how to PACE stories - slow builds, quiet family/friend/community moments that build character/relationships, and huge fall outs. In other words - a head writer who knows how to freaking write a soap!!!

onceinalifetime
Member Avatar

Quote:

TFP! Wow! Interesting! I wonder what KC and TPTB didn't like?

Honestly, I think some of the CoD was kind of spotty - but it seems like Shakespeare compared to now. LOL. I wasn't too crazy about the Play within a play, and the bad guy seemed kind of silly, as well as Jennifer swimming with the diaphragm after the crash. But some stuff was great like Hope's last goodbye scene before dying, and the afterglow between J&J in the pond after being spotted by Bope. Appreciated that it was a real umbrella story.

I LOVED Hope's last goodbye scene, I cried right along with her and I'm not really a Bope fan. Of course I loved ALL the JnJ scenes, even though the diaphragm scene was hysterically unbelievable!
Edited by onceinalifetime, Jun 5 2012, 07:28 AM.

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

nocturnalblondie
Jun 5 2012, 01:38 AM
The next Matthew Ashford Twitterbomb is Thursday June 7th at 3pm EST/12pm PST! This time we're not tweeting the show, we'll be tweeting the magazines, requesting them to publish a story on our campaign efforts for Matt. There's no doubt that the #RehireMatt campaign reached the show... but reaching out to the magazines now, and getting them to publish a story on what we're doing would be great! It would really add some pressure onto DAYS to get him back! We're not just going to the show anymore, we're also going to magazines... and in the process, we're making them look bad on SOD/SID for having upset so many fans... they'll want to fix it!

The hashtag is...

#PrintFight4Matt

Our 3 targets are: @SoapDigest @soapsindepthcbs @soapsindepthabc

Example tweets:

Quote:

@SoapDigest We made Matthew Ashford trend on Twitter because we want him back! #PrintFight4Matt - http://pic.twitter.com/ufv2GAQb

@SoapDigest We made #RehireMatt trend in protest of @matthew_ashford's firing. Help our fight! #PrintFight4Matt

@SoapDigest Matthew Ashford acknowledged our campaign... can you? #PrintFight4Matt - http://www.facebook.com/matthewashfordspage/posts/399305833443885

@SoapDigest No Matthew Ashford, no #DAYS for us! Help us get our message across! #PrintFight4Matt

@soapsindepthcbs We made Matthew Ashford trend on Twitter because we want him back! #PrintFight4Matt - http://pic.twitter.com/ufv2GAQb

@soapsindepthcbs We made #RehireMatt trend in protest of @matthew_ashford's firing. Help our fight! #PrintFight4Matt

@soapsindepthcbs Matthew Ashford acknowledged our campaign... can you? #PrintFight4Matt - http://www.facebook.com/matthewashfordspage/posts/399305833443885

@soapsindepthcbs No Matthew Ashford, no #DAYS for us! Help us get our message across! #PrintFight4Matt

@soapsindepthabc We made Matthew Ashford trend on Twitter because we want him back! #PrintFight4Matt - http://pic.twitter.com/ufv2GAQb

@soapsindepthabc We made #RehireMatt trend in protest of @matthew_ashford's firing. Help our fight! #PrintFight4Matt

@soapsindepthabc Matthew Ashford acknowledged our campaign... can you? #PrintFight4Matt - http://www.facebook.com/matthewashfordspage/posts/399305833443885

@soapsindepthabc No Matthew Ashford, no #DAYS for us! Help us get our message across! #PrintFight4Matt

This campaign is less about trending, and more about catching the magazines' eyes! Please join us on Thursday as we attempt to get our campaign efforts published! Spread the word!
I'm there (no surprise really LOL).

Loving the avi BTW. :wub:

HJBJDJ

DesignatedShelley
Jun 5 2012, 07:18 AM
Why would you want to do a Fire TomSell campaign now? I'm confused. Their things haven't started airing. They have let quite a few people go BUT we have rumors that both Matt and Christie may be returning. So if your a Matt fan, going by your avatar, and your name being a Jack line from the Train Adventure in 1991, why would you want to send out tweets right now to fire the new writers when they may be behind wanting to bring him back?

If they want him back so soon, perhaps what they wanted was to put distance between Jack and ptsd. ???

IDK, I just want some enlightment on why you would be pushing to fire new writers now. color me confused.

tiki_girl
Member Avatar

onceinalifetime
Jun 5 2012, 06:37 AM
J&J4eva

Richard Allen

Mary

Sincerely,
Richard

Wow!!!
How could Ken Corday not like what they were doing as writers back then? There really is no hope for the show if the people in charge couldn't even recognize great writing when they had it. : (
~Sorta sounds like he'd be interested in the job again though, if offered.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

HJBJDJ
Jun 5 2012, 09:56 AM
IDK, I just want some enlightment on why you would be pushing to fire new writers now. color me confused.
I don't think it's TomSell who want to bring those characters back. I think that's NBC interfering. IIRC Tomlin wanted to kill Jack off, no? Writers have been forced to write for characters they didn't want to write for before, and never seems to turn out all that well (for a pertinent example, JER's writing for Matt).

We did see Tomlin and Whitesell on the show before, and while I'm sure a lot of that suckitude was because of Dena Higley, they sure didn't mitigate her much. I think the show is utterly boring now, but under them I was abjectly miserable. I'm actually not panicking but I won't lie, I'd be much more reassured if the show was under a writer whom I know has written sufficiently good material before.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply