Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Jennifer Landon (Heather) Interview
Topic Started: Jun 8 2012, 09:31 PM (579 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Jennifer Landon Interview

Jennifer Landon Joins Cast
The Young and the Restless welcomes Jennifer Landon to the cast as Heather Stevens. You may remember Landon from her role as Gwen Norbeck on 'As The World Turns', where she won three back-to-back Emmys. Look for Landon to begin airing Thursday, June 7th!

We sat down with Landon to discuss everything from landing this role to a possible mysterious lover. Check out the interview below to learn more about the latest addition to the Y&R family!

On landing this role…
“My agent called me and told me that I was going to go in to meet with Maria Bell, [head writer and executive producer of The Young and the Restless,] to talk about the character Heather. I had no idea that I’d get a phone call about 30 minutes after leaving the meeting.”

“I was in Trader Joes… And my agent called and she said, ‘I guess that went well.’ And I [replied], ‘Really, I felt kind of weird.’ And she said, ‘Well they offered you the job.’ So I kind of had a black out moment in the dried fruit section of Trader Joe’s.”

On returning to Daytime television…
“I was very excited. Coming from ‘[As the] World Turns,’ I also know what goes into it, so of course, I had that kind of feeling of bracing yourself for a tremendous workload.”

“I got really excited talking to Maria about the character. And just the way she was talking, made me really kind of excited about everyone. And since I’ve been here… it proves to be true that everyone here is really, really focused on story and character development. That was super exciting for me.”

On first day…
“My first day was actually kind of like schizophrenic and quite confusing. I had heard and I had seen two completely different versions of Heather, and then I had heard about four more. So I felt kind of totally upside down when I was starting.”

On the development of Heather…
“One of the directions that’s new that we’re planning on taking… [is] to give Heather a little bit more of the salt of the earth quality. She comes from a middle-class family. She has some scrappiness to her. We also talked about showing her vulnerability more.”

“I think that the first few episodes it’s going to be kind of a little different as I try to make my way and find her. …Ultimately, there’s a goodness about her. She’s a woman and she’s a professional, who due to her history is always probably going to be with her dad in some way.”

On on-screen dad, Doug Davidson…
“He’s so lovely, I don’t even have words for it. He’s just a lovely, lovely guy. He’s very welcoming and very inviting and a very sensitive person. Maria talked a lot about him and I got very excited about working with him.”

On cast mates…
“I would say that everyone who works here seems to be incredibly nice. They could all be lying and somewhere down the line the veil drops. But everyone here seems playful, and frankly as an actor I feel like there’s a lot of people who are trying to take care of each other. That’s what I feel like right off the bat. It doesn’t feel like people are running around scared.”

On Heather’s backstory…
“I am in the school of thought that what happens to you when you are very young--not when you are approaching a character, but just in life--kind of sets certain dynamics that you replay for large chunks of your life until you become aware of them or are able to transcend them. So the fact that her father did abandon her, and seeing her mother go through what she went through with her step-father, I think it kind of colors Heather’s choices in men and colors her capacity for vulnerability at times.”

On Heather’s return…
“In the scripts that I’ve read, it’s kind of that she’s just been in New York. I know with soaps sometimes a character comes back in with a big story. This feels very much like the story is formally in Genoa City.”

On a possible mysterious lover…
“No, but I had a quick reference to a date I went on. But it seemed to be a story that was more in light of telling how crazy this one date was that I felt like didn’t go anywhere.”

On staying in touch with former cast mates…
“I see and talk to [Jesse Soffer, who played Will Munson on ‘As the World Turns,’] regularly to this day. He actually lives really close to where we are filming here, and I ran into him at the market when I was getting my lunch the other day. He’s doing incredibly well.”

“It’s so weird we played husband and wife because in real life, we’re so much like a brother and a sister. Even in our love scenes we were kind of like, ‘Oh god, this is going to be gross,’ and then we would jump in. But we have an ultra plutonic relationship.”

On hair color…
“My hair has changed color already between episodes. And it will continue to change color because things went really quickly. My hair is red, it was a dark kind of red and then it went to a light red.”

“When you see me in person it looks natural, but I guess on the camera it was going florescent. We all agreed that really wasn’t the right choice for the character.”

CBS.COM
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply