Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 6/11; Twitter/FB list in first post
Topic Started: Jun 11 2012, 07:18 AM (57,684 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Mitchapalooza
Jun 11 2012, 03:01 PM
Hopeless_Dreamer
Jun 11 2012, 02:39 PM
Still taping way too far in advance. When will this show ever learn? :shame:
I think its pretty safe to say now that they clearly will not.
Sad but true. They should tape at the most a month in advance. Three months in advance is beyond RIDICULOUS.
Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Mitchapalooza
Jun 11 2012, 03:01 PM
Hopeless_Dreamer
Jun 11 2012, 02:39 PM
Still taping way too far in advance. When will this show ever learn? :shame:
I think its pretty safe to say now that they clearly will not.
Well obviously saving money and taping 3 months in advance is not saving the show, it is just prolonging the agony!
Offline Profile Goto Top

GatesRhiannon
Member Avatar

I totally don't understand the 3 month in advance thing. I mean, I'm not stupid. I run a business myself, so I understand that it's a budget-driven decision. What I do not understand is that now that they have gotten ahead of the game. They've broke the code on how to shoot quickly with acceptable production values. In the process they have also identified a clear issue with being so far ahead--when they go off the rails (as Days inevitably does), they have 3 months coasting off the rails before they can even try to get back on track. Why have they not re-evaluated? They can have it both ways. Now that they've cracked the code. Why not go to a 3 day work week & the dark week? They would still be using taking smart economic, cost-saving measures but they would have greater flexibility to adjust storylines as needed.
Edited by GatesRhiannon, Jun 11 2012, 03:20 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

Lauren Koslow ‏@laurenkoslow
Monday tease.....In Salem working with @Ali_Sweeney @thejudyevans @chandlermassey @ericmartsolf #Staytuned @nbcdays
https://twitter.com/laurenkoslow/status/212282574041657345
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jenna101

Does anyone know when DAYS is dark next and for how long? I want to take a studio tour in July, but am afraid they'll be dark then and I'll miss them!

Or when there dark weeks are in July?

As for the taping in advance: idiotic. It should be a month, max.
Edited by Jenna101, Jun 11 2012, 03:47 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Carmi

Ellie
Jun 11 2012, 02:24 PM
Patrick Kilian ‏@PatrickKilian

@SBlover130 we are working on September. It's amazing!!

(In response to being asked when they're taping for.)
Amazingly destructive.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Jenna101
Jun 11 2012, 03:47 PM
Does anyone know when DAYS is dark next and for how long? I want to take a studio tour in July, but am afraid they'll be dark then and I'll miss them!

I'm almost positive they're dark the week of July 4th.
Online Profile Goto Top

Jenna101

Ellie
Jun 11 2012, 03:52 PM
Jenna101

Thanks. I thought they usually get two/three weeks off then, no? I thought it would be for most of July..?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

Lucky
Jun 11 2012, 03:40 PM
Lauren Koslow @laurenkoslow
Monday tease.....In Salem working with @Ali_Sweeney @thejudyevans @chandlermassey @ericmartsolf #Staytuned @nbcdays
I always love hearing from Lauren and when she is in the studio working. :cheer: . I always enjoy seeing Kate on my screen. I wish she was on more than she has been lately.
Edited by Virgo Twins, Jun 11 2012, 04:08 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Mirage75
Jun 11 2012, 02:14 PM
Nice to see Freddie and Judi there. Here's hoping for tons of the Justin Kiriakis Family- only family I love and care about. Thank you Gary Tomlin for seeing the light about the Justin Kiriakis family. We need more of them everyday!!!

The rest of the characters I could careless about.

No we don't. No one should be on everyday.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

At this point I'd be happy if they scaled back to 2 months ahead.
Online Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Jenna101
Jun 11 2012, 03:55 PM
Ellie
Jun 11 2012, 03:52 PM
Jenna101

Thanks. I thought they usually get two/three weeks off then, no? I thought it would be for most of July..?
Not that I know of. My advice to you would be to tweet some actors and ask. Usually one answers!
Online Profile Goto Top

Jarlena4Eva
Member Avatar
Jarlena-Holic

I don't like the fact that I haven't seen Dee or Drake's name mentioned.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Jarlena4Eva
Jun 11 2012, 04:35 PM
Didn't Deidre write on her Facebook that she had 2 weeks off? I hope this was a planned vacation that she worked out with the show and not Tomlin already proving that he has no use for John and Marlena.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Lucky
Jun 11 2012, 03:40 PM
Lauren Koslow ‏@laurenkoslow
This is interesting. I would love to see Sami vs. Adrienne if Sonny and Will are really dating. I don't think it would be easy for Sami to accept seeing Will in an actual relationship setting with Sonny or anyone else. I think Kate would be all about it unless she finds a "hotter" guy for Will. Brady, its time for your exit.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jules

Jarlena4Eva
Same here :( and they are barely mentioned in spoilers.
Online Profile Goto Top

jules

DiMeraFan67
Jun 11 2012, 05:06 PM
Jarlena4Eva
Didn't Deidre write on her Facebook that she had 2 weeks off? I hope this was a planned vacation that she worked out with the show and not Tomlin already proving that he has no use for John and Marlena.
I think the first week was a dark week, so she may be back for some shows this week.
Online Profile Goto Top

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Mitchapalooza
Jun 11 2012, 03:00 PM
So DAYS is taping into September now...lol...there is your problem NBC/Corday & Co!
At this rate, they'll be having Christmas in July - and no, I don't mean the shopping deals.

This is what I think of the taping schedule that Days has: :moon:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

DiMeraFan67
Jun 11 2012, 05:06 PM
Jarlena4Eva
She said that they had the dark week off and that she had another week off after that which was "good timing" with her sons being home. One doesn't usually say their own vacation is "good timing".
Online Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

GatesRhiannon
Jun 11 2012, 03:19 PM
I totally don't understand the 3 month in advance thing. I mean, I'm not stupid. I run a business myself, so I understand that it's a budget-driven decision. What I do not understand is that now that they have gotten ahead of the game. They've broke the code on how to shoot quickly with acceptable production values. In the process they have also identified a clear issue with being so far ahead--when they go off the rails (as Days inevitably does), they have 3 months coasting off the rails before they can even try to get back on track. Why have they not re-evaluated? They can have it both ways. Now that they've cracked the code. Why not go to a 3 day work week & the dark week? They would still be using taking smart economic, cost-saving measures but they would have greater flexibility to adjust storylines as needed.
Logic and Business Sense went out the window a LONG time ago at DAYS.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic