Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bunheads
Topic Started: Jun 11 2012, 08:00 PM (995 Views)
Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Premiering on ABC Family tonight,from the creators of Gilmore Girls.Been getting good reviews.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I missed the first 10 minutes or so but decided to watch anyway. Not sure what I think of it yet... :ermm:

Mason
Member Avatar

Even though I LOVE Gilmore Girls, I wasn't planning on watching this show.....until I read that the insanely underrated Kelly Bishop was part of the cast. She, along with Amy Sherman-Palladino's writing, makes this must-see TV for me. Hopefully, I won't be disappointed when I'm able to watch the pilot.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I can tell its from GG creators,Same music composer,reminded me a lot of GG,Kelly Bishop once again plays a awesome,brutally honest character,I liked it alot

King
Member Avatar

I liked it too! I definitely LOL-ed WAY more than I thought I would.

It's like Gilmore Girls JR. Haha. In a good way.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

OMG! A new show from Gilmore Girls' writer? How come I did not know about this? Must watch now...

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I loved it! It was as if they spun off Miss Patty's Dance studio from Gilmore Girls with recast actors! I didn't realise how much I missed Gilmore Girls until I watched this. Sign me up for the rest of the season!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Didn't see the end coming on the first episode.

Riley Grey
Member Avatar

Caught the premiere. I like some of the elements of the show, but Sutton Foster as "Michelle" is not a strong actress. Not dislikeable though. I'm hoping she will gel better in the coming episodes.

I was surprised by the ending as well. However, I am not disappointed by it either.

Always loved Kelly Bishop. I think it will take a little time getting used to her in this new role. Her character on Gilmore Girls is very entrenched right now.

I also noticed Rose Abdoo ("Gypsy" from GG) at the engagement party too. She was in a fancy but eccentric looking outfit.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Cute dog.

She's just gonna be known as "sex at the party girl" for awhile.

The nude drawer,lol.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Jun 18 2012, 08:38 PM.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

This show is too good to be just 8 episodes - It really has that GG vibe without being GG.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

This show :wub:

Is it just me or does Kelly Bishop seem more Susan Sarandon in this program and less Emily Gillmore?

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

"Well hello moon doggy" LOL.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

So... apparently its 10 episodes now. The show is morphing into Gilmore Girls in an alternate universe, half the actors are the same lol. Not that I'm complaining - I loved GG

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Kirk. :D

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

She mased everyone,lol.

The show has been renewed too.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Aug 20 2012, 09:22 PM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Season two starts January 7th.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

It's not as good as Gilmore Girls, but its still pretty good! Looking forward to it :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply