Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dexter; Season 7
Topic Started: Jun 12 2012, 12:00 AM (769 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

Doesn't start until September but I'm excited, though the last season was a very mixed bag for me.

Here's a spoiler article. Picture included. Cannot wait for this.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/Dexter-Carpenter-Hall-1048780.aspx
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I didn't watch season 6, I meant to but heard it was crap and never got around to it. But Deb and Dexter?! Oh hell no. That's an "i'm done" moment right there.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Drew
Jun 12 2012, 12:06 AM
Deb and Dexter?! Oh hell no. That's an "i'm done" moment right there.
I said last season that if they don't drop that shit I'm not going to watch anymore, and now that it's confirmed they're moving forward with it (On Deb's romantic feelings for her brother: "It's ironic that people are fine with Dexter jabbing people in the heart but mortified by this romance," says Buck. "We're not shying away from those feelings of hers, either.") I've come to the conclusion that last season of Dexter was probably my last.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I am still excited about the new season, but I don't like the part about Deb having feelings for Dexter either. I liked the sibling relationship that they had.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Kenny
Jun 12 2012, 12:17 AM
Drew
Jun 12 2012, 12:06 AM
Deb and Dexter?! Oh hell no. That's an "i'm done" moment right there.
I said last season that if they don't drop that shit I'm not going to watch anymore, and now that it's confirmed they're moving forward with it (On Deb's romantic feelings for her brother: "It's ironic that people are fine with Dexter jabbing people in the heart but mortified by this romance," says Buck. "We're not shying away from those feelings of hers, either.") I've come to the conclusion that last season of Dexter was probably my last.
See, the thing for me wasn't even that it was 'mortifying' because they were siblings through adoption. It just screams of a jump the shark moment. As if the writers felt they'd shocked us with everything else, why not go here. I just don't buy that this has been in the works since early on as one of the writers or the showrunner said in an interview last year. Something along the lines of Deb always having these feelings and that's why she'd dated the men she had. That all felt like a half assed excuse to try and shove a storyline that they were sure was going to shock and intrigue us, down our unhappy throats.

Add to all of that the way Deb found out was so anti-climatic in my opinion. I think many of us talked about it last season too, how we were on the edge of our seats more during the almost reveal in season 5, than we were last winter.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar

I didn't like this past season..it was blah and I'm not liking debs feelings for dexter..they grew up as siblings and this is just wrong on so many levels..

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Scott Buck needs to be blacklisted.

King
Member Avatar

Last season was bad, but still not as bad as S3 for me personally.

S6 was very dumbed down. His internal dialogues were...unbearably dumbed down.

But, I'm looking forward to S7. S6 had a GREAT cliffhanger!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

King
Jun 12 2012, 02:28 PM
Last season was bad, but still not as bad as S3 for me personally.

S6 was very dumbed down. His internal dialogues were...unbearably dumbed down.

But, I'm looking forward to S7. S6 had a GREAT cliffhanger!
I agree, this past season wasn't the best. And had some very weak points. But that final cliffhanger was epic and I'm definitely back for next season.

Kenny
Member Avatar

King
Jun 12 2012, 02:28 PM
S6 had a GREAT cliffhanger!
I didn't even think it was that great of a cliffhanger. Any idiot could've written that scene and we would've loved it simply because we waited so long for it to happen, but it really wasn't that great. There was no suspense, no excitement, no anticipation. Deb almost walking in on Deb and Lumen at the end of Season 5 was done much better, in my opinion.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

According to EW, Chuck' alum Yvonne Strahovski scored a multi-episode arc on Dexter....Wow. Amazing casting news.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Mateo
Jun 12 2012, 04:53 AM
I just don't buy that this has been in the works since early on as one of the writers or the showrunner said in an interview last year. Something along the lines of Deb always having these feelings and that's why she'd dated the men she had. That all felt like a half assed excuse to try and shove a storyline that they were sure was going to shock and intrigue us, down our unhappy throats.
They can't be seriously trying to claim this. This show's changed show runners like people change underwear.

Dexter never topped it's amazing first season, IMO.
Edited by Drew, Jun 12 2012, 10:00 PM.

King
Member Avatar

That was great too Kenny, but I loved the cliffhanger of 6.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I don't plan to watch, I'm over it. The only curiosity I have is how they plan to make Deb be "ok" with Dexter killing Colin Hanks' character - I'm sure it will be lame, but I still want to know!

Lil
Member Avatar

I will prolly give it a shot, but Trinity was the last time the show was any good for me.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Drew
Jun 12 2012, 09:58 PM
Mateo
Jun 12 2012, 04:53 AM
I just don't buy that this has been in the works since early on as one of the writers or the showrunner said in an interview last year. Something along the lines of Deb always having these feelings and that's why she'd dated the men she had. That all felt like a half assed excuse to try and shove a storyline that they were sure was going to shock and intrigue us, down our unhappy throats.
They can't be seriously trying to claim this. This show's changed show runners like people change underwear.

Dexter never topped it's amazing first season, IMO.
I wish I could remember where the interview was done. I think the link was posted here in last season's discussion thread. I know I saw it though, because I vividly remember yelling at my computer screen when I read it. LOL.

I genuinely enjoy season's 1-4. I actually didn't enjoy season 3/was kind of bored by it, but after rewatching it in marathon of the first four seasons, I don't mind it as much. Season 5 had it's moments, but ugh, 6 was the worst.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply