Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for the Week of June 4-8
Topic Started: Jun 14 2012, 07:00 PM (2,476 Views)
ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) - Ratings Report for the Week of June 4-8, 2012

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,308,000 (+60,000/-374,000)
2. B&B 3,061,000 (-14,000/+331,000)
3. DAYS 2,535,000 (+139,000/+198,000)
4. GH 2,340,000 (+17,000/+65,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.2/10 (same/-.1)
2. B&B 2.2/7 (same/+.3)
3. DAYS 1.9/6 (+.1/+.2)
4. GH 1.8/5 (+.1/+.1)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 840,000 (-49,000/-88,000)
2. B&B 678,000 (-50,000/+176,000)
3. GH 582,000 (-84,000/-46,000)
4. DAYS 547,000 (+43,000/-48,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.3/9 (-.1/-.1)
2. B&B 1.1/7 (same/+.3)
3. DAYS 0.9/6 (+.1/same)
3. GH 0.9/6 (-.1/-.1)

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/news/ratings-another-good-week-for-days
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BradyB

Looks like Days did well again. Hope they keep the climb

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Yay! Days is doing better

philip&stephanie

I hope Days keeps it up, it seems like whenever they take one step forward the take two steps back.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

WTG DAYS, keep it up!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Killing Stefano got people to tune in. My mom is freaking out. I'm sure Days should get another bump from Lexie dying.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

While the execution may have been lacking...these types of storylines for Stefano are always money. Its him in his real element. I'm sure when he returns in a few months there will be a spike too, but its all about how they use him. People want to see Stefano get his comeuppance and they want to see Stefano torturing the Bradys. They don't want to see Stefano sitting around having conversations over clam chowder in his arch enemies pub.

I'm not saying this one thing is helping ratings, but the character has proven time and time again.

lysie
Member Avatar

Days really benefitted from not having Friday to drag them down
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Killing Stef is a winner and when he returns expect huge pump too...

blueskies
Member Avatar

Stefano dying was def a huge ratings boost!
Edited by blueskies, Jun 14 2012, 10:26 PM.

DAYSisHOT
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jun 14 2012, 10:21 PM
I'm not going to lie, I attribute the whole spike to Lexie and Stefano. Honestly I don't think I could tell you what else is even going on, lol.
I couldn't tell you either sadly, and I have watched all the episodes last week.

starwatcher2

lysie
Jun 14 2012, 09:34 PM
Days really benefitted from not having Friday to drag them down
Definitely.. I think Days sucks right now, but it's hard to resist watching a plot driven Stefano Dimera murder mystery. :drunk:

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Hmmmm...its good to see some positive news for DAYS....now can we just get ED back so I can be happy about any increases I see on this show.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Days ratings are fascinating. You could call it Stefano. Or you could call it Gabi and the stalker, right? Or Dan/Nicole/Rafe baby hijinks? I wonder which one TPTB are going to go with.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

px780
Jun 15 2012, 12:07 PM
Days ratings are fascinating. You could call it Stefano. Or you could call it Gabi and the stalker, right? Or Dan/Nicole/Rafe baby hijinks? I wonder which one TPTB are going to go with.
THIS!!

We may know all day long that Stefano being the evil bastard he is, and getting his due, will spike ratings, but what do TPTB think?

I'll tell you what I have learned the hard way over the last decade or so....the absolute IDIOTS that have the power over this show consistantly back the wrong horse.

So while we know the reason for the bump, they will interpret what they want from it, and use it for their agenda. Its piss poor, but a sad reality. I have NO faith in those assinine clowns, and no one should. They stopped getting it right years ago, and they will never learn to reason well again.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Yes, I fully expect that they think Rafe/Nicole/Daniel are spiking the ratings. Stefano/Lexie/Abe are just afterthoughts even though they have been driving the show for a few weeks now.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

^ Yah you just know Tomlin is like "ERMA GERD DAN/NICOLE/RAFE!!! LOLZ!!!"

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I wish that ratings would go up for all of the soaps. It's still so sad to me that we're down to 4 soaps. I just want them to succeed and stay on for a while longer...

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I get so nervous every time the ratings are revealed each week. I scroll down so slowly so I only see one soap at a time, lol. Its sad. I'm always cringing after B&B because GH and DAYS are the two soaps I have an attachment too. I hate DAYS and I say I want it cancelled if they keep making bonehead decisions, but I'm really too attached to wish that.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Good ratings news for DAYS for a change - about time too...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply