Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What would you do next?
Topic Started: Jun 17 2012, 06:46 PM (40,266 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Use this thread to tell us what you would like to see Tomlin and Whitesell do next.

If your answer is that you'd hook up a certain couple or kill off certain characters, have fun with it and tell us how.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

KILL SAMI....forever! That would improve DAYS 1000%!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Write stories with a beginning, a middle and an end.

Bring back the suspense and the gothic melodrama of the 90's.

Go back to slow burn romances instead of insta-pairings.

Backburner Sami.

Bring back Shawn, Belle and Kristen.

darraholic
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 17 2012, 06:46 PM
Use this thread to tell us what you would like to see Tomlin and Whitesell do next.
Quit.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Like Kenny said----Write a story with a beginning, middle and end and I will just add-- stick with it!

Backburner Sami, EJ, Rafe and Nicole-- give some other characters the chance to shine

Bring back Jack

Bring in some legacy character's kids-- Justin and Adrienne's boys, Kimberly and Shane's kids, etc. Such storyline with these characters!

No instant romances-- they simply don't work. Give them some time to nurture and for the audience to become invested in them as both individuals and characters.

Soap Drama with characters we're invested in would be great.

I know this isn't a popular one but if you're dead, stay dead! This coming back again and again and again, for me, is way old and it becomes more of a joke in the storyline.
Edited by talbab1994, Jun 17 2012, 06:57 PM.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Have Andrew kill off Rafe, Gabi, Chad, Daniel, Billie and Melanie then have him turn the gun on himself..that way all the useless characters are gone and free up airtime for those we want to see..

Sindacco
Member Avatar

What's the difference with this thread and "If I ran the show..." thread?

lysie
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Jun 17 2012, 06:59 PM
What's the difference with this thread and "If I ran the show..." thread?
This one is now pinned.

michr544125

Agree they need to start writing real stories with beginning/middle/end...and stories of real depth. I think they need to show some nice social relevant stories. The best story they had going this past year was Will coming out, even if they missed the beat on a lot of it especially leaving Sonny and his family out of it. So they should use what's working and expand. I'd like to see a nice gay hate story that encompasses the entire cast and one that finally shows Sonny as the central character instead of just being Will's side kick. Then some other type of meaty story.

Stop putting couples together in two seconds. Show some actual build up. I am all for some hot sex but not when it's with those same contrived couples and that's all we see from those couples.

Stop the constant bed hopping and show some real romance for all couples. I realize if couples were together all of the time it would be boring but it's way out of hand right now. Can we see some happy couples for a while...EJ/Nicole, Sami/Lucas, Bo/Hope, Sonny/Will, Justin/Adrienne.

Get rid of useless characters like Gabi, Rafe, Daniel and Billie.

Show friendships again, especially with the younger characters. And show families together.

Stop using the same characters front and center 5 days a week. Spread the air time. No one character/couple should be on more than 2-3 days a week.

Get rid of the entire 20 something scene except for Sonny, Will and Abby. Bring on a new guy for Abby. Or is she related to Blake B's character? If not, maybe they would work together. And then bring on a couple of other characters that have ties to main families...maybe Alex and another female

Bring back Nadia B and Kyle Lowder and ditch current Brady. Then possibly bring back Phil and go with Brady/Chloe/Phil triangle.

If they are going to use more of Justin and Adrienne, they should cast Alex since he would be tied to a main family.

If they don't plan on keeping Lucas with Sami, bring on Lucas's ex fiance.

Edited by michr544125, Jun 17 2012, 09:47 PM.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

Some Nicole and Jennifer rivalry culminating with Nicole eventually telling Jennifer what precious Daniel did for her test results and then Jennifer (now working for the hospital again in some conveniently influential position) having Daniel fired. Jennifer has to confront her feelings for Daniel and how she keeps falling for scummy men at 100 MPH.

Gabi and Rafe leave. They're so uninspiring that I can't even think of a vague idea as to how. Just, go.

Hope as the top cop in town. It's time for there to be a woman cop in charge, and Roman is useless to this show. Abe and Hope would be a nice team. Kill Roman off in some heroic undertaking involving Caroline, drop them both. Good Brady scenes could come out of that.

Bring back Jack and for the love of god give him his money back. Have him shake it up with Kate again, use Kate in an actual corporate capacity. You can toss in Victor and whatever progeny he's got around him atm too, and Julie.

Kristen and EJ go toe to toe for control of the Dimera empire.

If the show survives past 2013, bring back Bill Horton and tell all that multi-general drama that's there in his brood. Laura and Mike too. Abby and Stephanie could have such great stuff come from that.

Make Sami a supporting character again. That's what she does best.

Shawn/Belle/Phillip. I don't know if they can find the chemistry ala JKJ/MM again but if they can, it's gold. The high school sweetheart vs the dark suave businessman, it should write itself.

Nothing very specific, but whatever stories I'd tell I'd just make them less wacky and incredulous and more contemporary, relevant and meaningful. If you think someone would be embarrassed summarizing a storyline to their coworker at lunch, don't tell that story.

bomber
Member Avatar

Bring Jack back and do the PTSD properly. No insta cure and make Jenn supportive. Then have Jack and Jenn work together as either reporters or private investigators. Put more time into characters such as Abigail and Brady and Lucas and less Sami and E.J. I actually like E.J. but it's total overkill at the moment. If PR has gone then make Hope a strong independent woman. She would be a great matriarch for the Horton clan.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Make a plan and stick with it and have it make sense.

apple72pie

More Lucas Please.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

WRITE THE FINAL/MISSING SCENES FOR JACK & JENNIFER

After Lexie`s memorial service, Jennifer and Jack have a heart to heart.
(Jack and Jen Horton House, Jennifer has just made coffee, & Jack is standing at the fireplace, looking at a photo of Jack, Jen, JJ & Abigail)

Jennifer: Jack are you okay? I know that Lexie's memorial couldn't have been easy for you.
Jack: (thinking back to visions of Lexie lying in the casket & flashes back to some horrific memories of his Afghanistan capitivity)
Jennifer: Jack! ....Jack!
Jack: Sorry, I was lost in thought... about Abe losing Lexie....mmmm... about Afghanistan
Jennifer: Yes, my heart was breaking for Abe today and I know Afghanistan was just awful. Jack, I read your book and I can't imagine what it was like for you in that cave... I mean losing...... I mean when others were being ... were killed.
Jack: Jennifer, I don't want to think about it. Not today. Not right now.
Jennifer: (feeling guilty) Abe is going through hell today... he lost Lexie. Jack, I need to tell you that the whole time you were gone, I never thought you were in trouble, that you needed me. Jack you could have been killed and I would never have known how much you still loved me! (upset and crying over the thought of losing Jack)
Jack: Jennifer, I didn't die... I came back. (Thinks about what Jennifer said & doesn`t know what else to say, he is slightly on edge) Really, Jennifer! After everything that we've been through, and you know our life hasn't been easy, you thought I just walked away and stopped loving you?
Jennifer: (upset) Jack... I thought... I thought you left me. You didn't! I know....
Jack: (Tries to console Jennifer) Jennifer, it was not your fault, you are not responsible for what happened to me.
Jennifer: I could have, I should have come looking for you. How can you.... (sniffling) how can you forgive me? Jack, I gave up on... us...... on you.
Jack: Jennifer.... I love you. I never gave up on us.... or on you.
Jennifer: Jack, when you came back.....you needed me...I wasn't there.
Jack: I know.
Jennifer: You know?
Jack: Yes, I know. What did you want me to do, leave again?
Jennifer: No! Off course not....I.. everything was so confusing.
Jack: Confusing? It wasn't to me....I needed you... I needed you to be there for me.
Jennifer: I know... you needed me.. and I was with ...(quielty says Daniel)...Jack, I'm so sorry.
Jack: Sorry? Sorry for what? Sorry for being with him? Sorry for loving him? or Sorry for not being there for me? Which one Jennifer? What are you sorry for?
Jennifer: (upset & but getting angry) Jack, I thought were.... why do we have to discuss this, again?
Jack: Again, Jennifer, I don't think we discussed this before, not like this...
Jennifer: Jack, what did you expect me to do? I was hurt and confused.
Jack: What about me? I was hurt and confused. I came home to you.... you and Abigail.. I thought... I thought you'd.....be
Jennifer: You thought what Jack? You thought, I be waiting for you?
Jack:.......yes.... yes, I thought you would have known....or felt something.... you know... we are connected. I felted so connected (getting angy). In the cave... you saved me!
Jennifer: I'm so sorry Jack. When you were gone.... I just didn't feel.... I didn't know...
Jack: You should have known, I would have known.....I would have trusted...
Jennifer: You don't trust me?
Jack: I didn't say that. I mean... How am I suppose to feel. Jennifer you treated me like a leper, you made feel.... I stood there watching you kiss and hug your loverboy.
Jennifer: ... That's, that's not fair...Jack.. you don't understand.
Jack: Understand? What the hell was I suppose to understand? You were.... are in love with someone else... Not something a husb...man wants to come home to.
Jennifer: Jack, we can't have this conversation.
Jack: No, you can't have this conversation. I think it's long over due. We never talk about it... we just pretend everything is all right..... and... and it.... I don't want...
Jennifer: Jack, we are together, you want what I want..
Jack: No, Jennifer, all I know is that HE DIDN'T want you!
Jennifer: Jack, I told you before.... I want you, I want our family!
Jack: I know what you told me and I wanted that too. That is all I ever wanted.
Jennifer: And now...what do you want now? You are tempted to leave right? Be a bigshot writer, travel and go on your booktour......
Jack: Jennifer, what are you talking about? I told you that I'd never leave...
Jennifer: I know what you told me... but I don't believe...
Jack: Me? I think I've heard enough.... I can't keep telling you.... trying to prove to you that I am different now, that I've changed. You..... don't know me....no..no. maybe I don't know you!
Jennifer: Jack....(lost for words).... I don't know what you want.... expect from me?
Jack: It's not hard Jennifer, It's not hard to figure that out. I may be a complicated man, but from the first day I met you, you always knew that all I ever wanted was YOU!
Jennifer (crying & distant from Jack's embrace)..... I know! I know what you want. I....I...I
Jack: You know, You alway knew... and now.. now things are different...
Jennifer: Don't day that Jack! Things are not... different
Jack: Well, they sure as hell are not the same!! I am here and you are.......
Jennifer: Jack don't say it! Don't!
Jack: Jennifer, somebody has to say it....Jennifer..... You love me, but you want to be with him!
Jennifer: (sobbing) Jack.... don't!.... please! ...stop!
Jack: I can't pretend anymore.... we've been together these few months and the closest I can get from you is a cuddle and kiss. We live in the same house, but in seperate bedrooms!
Jennifer: I told you, I needed time.
Jack: Time! What the hell do you need time for? Either you love me and want to be with me or you don't. I have been patient before (refers to rape), when you needed time, but I don't need time... I just need you!
Jennifer: Jack, that's, that's ....(she can't say anything.. she looks at him, straight in the eye, looks away, Jack I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!
Jack: Don't be sorry, not anymore! I don't need pity or sorry or anything from you! The fact that I am standing here, and you there, tells me everything I need to know.
THE END
Edited by Dreamer, Jun 17 2012, 08:27 PM.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Less Rafe

James&AriFan
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Jun 17 2012, 08:26 PM
WRITE THE FINAL/MISSING SCENES FOR JACK & JENNIFER

After Lexie`s memorial service, Jennifer and Jack have a heart to heart.
(Jack and Jen Horton House, Jennifer has just made coffee, & Jack is standing at the fireplace, looking at a photo of Jack, Jen, JJ & Abigail)

Jennifer: Jack are you okay? I know that Lexie's memorial couldn't have been easy for you.
Jack: (thinking back to visions of Lexie lying in the casket & flashes back to some horrific memories of his Afghanistan capitivity)
Jennifer: Jack! ....Jack!
Jack: Sorry, I was lost in thought... about Abe losing Lexie....mmmm... about Afghanistan
Jennifer: Yes, my heart was breaking for Abe today and I know Afghanistan was just awful. Jack, I read your book and I can't imagine what it was like for you in that cave... I mean losing...... I mean when others were being ... were killed.
Jack: Jennifer, I don't want to think about it. Not today. Not right now.
Jennifer: (feeling guilty) Abe is going through hell today... he lost Lexie. Jack, I need to tell you that the whole time you were gone, I never thought you were in trouble, that you needed me. Jack you could have been killed and I would never have known how much you still loved me! (upset and crying over the thought of losing Jack)
Jack: Jennifer, I didn't die... I came back. (Thinks about what Jennifer said & doesn`t know what else to say, he is slightly on edge) Really, Jennifer! After everything that we've been through, and you know our life hasn't been easy, you thought I just walked away and stopped loving you?
Jennifer: (upset) Jack... I thought... I thought you left me. You didn't! I know....
Jack: (Tries to console Jennifer) Jennifer, it was not your fault, you are not responsible for what happened to me.
Jennifer: I could have, I should have come looking for you. How can you.... (sniffling) how can you forgive me? Jack, I gave up on... us...... on you.
Jack: Jennifer.... I love you. I never gave up on us.... or on you.
Jennifer: Jack, when you came back.....you needed me...I wasn't there.
Jack: I know.
Jennifer: You know?
Jack: Yes, I know. What did you want me to do, leave again?
Jennifer: No! Off course not....I.. everything was so confusing.
Jack: Confusing? It wasn't to me....I needed you... I needed you to be there for me.
Jennifer: I know... you needed me.. and I was with ...(quielty says Daniel)...Jack, I'm so sorry.
Jack: Sorry? Sorry for what? Sorry for being with him? Sorry for loving him? or Sorry for not being there for me? Which one Jennifer? What are you sorry for?
Jennifer: (upset & but getting angry) Jack, I thought were.... why do we have to discuss this, again?
Jack: Again, Jennifer, I don't think we discussed this before, not like this...
Jennifer: Jack, what did you expect me to do? I was hurt and confused.
Jack: What about me? I was hurt and confused. I came home to you.... you and Abigail.. I thought... I thought you'd.....be
Jennifer: You thought what Jack? You thought, I be waiting for you?
Jack:.......yes.... yes, I thought you would have known....or felt something.... you know... we are connected. I felted so connected (getting angy). In the cave... you saved me!
Jennifer: I'm so sorry Jack. When you were gone.... I just didn't feel.... I didn't know...
Jack: You should have known, I would have known.....I would have trusted...
Jennifer: You don't trust me?
Jack: I didn't say that. I mean... How am I suppose to feel. Jennifer you treated me like a leper, you made feel.... I stood there watching you kiss and hug your loverboy.
Jennifer: ... That's, that's not fair...Jack.. you don't understand.
Jack: Understand? What the hell was I suppose to understand? You were.... are in love with someone else... Not something a husb...man wants to come home to.
Jennifer: Jack, we can't have this conversation.
Jack: No, you can't have this conversation. I think it's long over due. We never talk about it... we just pretend everything is all right..... and... and it.... I don't want...
Jennifer: Jack, we are together, you want what I want..
Jack: No, Jennifer, all I know is that HE DIDN'T want you!
Jennifer: Jack, I told you before.... I want you, I want our family!
Jack: I know what you told me and I wanted that too. That is all I ever wanted.
Jennifer: And now...what do you want now? You are tempted to leave right? Be a bigshot writer, travel and go on your booktour......
Jack: Jennifer, what are you talking about? I told you that I'd never leave...
Jennifer: I know what you told me... but I don't believe...
Jack: Me? I think I've heard enough.... I can't keep telling you.... trying to prove to you that I am different now, that I've changed. You..... don't know me....no..no. maybe I don't know you!
Jennifer: Jack....(lost for words).... I don't know what you want.... expect from me?
Jack: It's not hard Jennifer, It's not hard to figure that out. I may be a complicated man, but from the first day I met you, you always knew that all I ever wanted was YOU!
Jennifer (crying & distant from Jack's embrace)..... I know! I know what you want. I....I...I
Jack: You know, You alway knew... and now.. now things are different...
Jennifer: Don't day that Jack! Things are not... different
Jack: Well, they sure as hell are not the same!! I am here and you are.......
Jennifer: Jack don't say it! Don't!
Jack: Jennifer, somebody has to say it....Jennifer..... You love me, but you want to be with him!
Jennifer: (sobbing) Jack.... don't!.... please! ...stop!
Jack: I can't pretend anymore.... we've been together these few months and the closest I can get from you is a cuddle and kiss. We live in the same house, but in seperate bedrooms!
Jennifer: I told you, I needed time.
Jack: Time! What the hell do you need time for? Either you love me and want to be with me or you don't. I have been patient before (refers to rape), when you needed time, but I don't need time... I just need you!
Jennifer: Jack, that's, that's ....(she can't say anything.. she looks at him, straight in the eye, looks away, Jack I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!
Jack: Don't be sorry, not anymore! I don't need pity or sorry or anything from you! The fact that I am standing here, and you there, tells me everything I need to know.
THE END
QUICK someone send this to TomSell.

EXCELLENT :hail: :hail:

Mirage75
Member Avatar

More Justin/Adrienne with their own story
More of the Kirakis Family
Bring on Alexander Kiriakis
Bring back Jack and Steve and Stephanie and Jo Johnson
Send Sami, Rafe, Daniel, Chad, Billie, Hope, Jennifer, Abby, Gabi to forever land and never bring them back.
Hook up Jack/Nicole
No more instance love stories.
Bring on more adventures, romance, family, true drama to the stories.

Edited by Mirage75, Jun 17 2012, 08:43 PM.

angie37
Member Avatar

First and foremost, fire whoever is cutting the bangs for AZ and AS...

On second thought, that may be a task for KC instead. :shrug:

LonePirate
Member Avatar

I would immediately put an end to all of these relationship fanbase wars. There would be no more of this EJole vs. EJami vs. Lumi vs. Safe nonsense. Sides will be chosen and they will be made permanent.

I would have characters start acting their age. Those characters near or around AARP card age would start acting that way. Those characters around college age would start acting that way. Those characters with children would start acting older and more maturely than their kids.

I would never bring back a previous character not currently on the show unless it was just a one day guest appearance for a wedding or a funeral or a holiday event. Fans have an idealized vision in their heads about the magnificence and benefit of having these characters on the show and their returns always disappoint and fans become even more jaded and disillusioned.

I would balance the show. No character would be on the show more than three times a week and every character would be on at least two times a week.

I would immediately make Sami and EJ start supporting other characters and stories instead of driving their own stories. This would continue for several months.

I would create at least two, if not three, new male characters in the 25-35 range, with one of them pointed towards a romance with Kate.

I would create a few new female characters in the 25-35 range, with one of them becoming a full-fledged rival for Sami.

I would make Rafe have an accident where he loses the ability to speak. He is at his best when he stands around and looks pretty without ever opening his mouth.

I would give Sonny some sort of personal life. No more of this gay in theory but not in reality nonsense. In a similar vein, I would hire an openly gay actor to portray an openly gay character on this show.

I would keep Stefano dead or turn him into a zombie. There would be no more of this rising from the dead stuff for him apart from the possible zombie story.

I would SORAS Sami's three youngest kids about 5-8 years and give them school age appropriate stories and start making Sami be a mother to her kids for a change. I would SORAS Theo so that he is the same age as Allie's new age.

I would bring on a new, older woman for Roman. I may not care for him; but he deserves a relationship just as much as everyone else.

I would write a long term Alzheimer's story for one of the show's older characters.

I would have EJ mentor Chad into living up to his DiMera bloodline.

I would write Nicole as the scheming, diva/bitch she should always be. She should make Sami's life as miserable as possible.

I would strip Daniel of his medical license and make him become a drunken panhandler in the town square.

I would reignite the DiMera-Kiriakis rivalry between EJ/Chad and Brady/Sonny with Will caught in the middle.

I would start writing women as smart instead of pathetic and always needing a man. I'd also write a woman living a full life without needing a man in it.

That's enough for now.

Keith
Member Avatar

That Jack/Jen scene would never happen, but SO should.

I would have Stefano dead and have someone big the killer, but obviously escape justice for one reason or another. Not as a cop out, but as a transition to more drama. Have it be EJ and have Chad and him clash. Buils the story EJ's paternity. Have Will caught in the middle of that a bit. And stop this nonsense with Will wanting to please EJ. Have him wanting to hurt EJ, but maybe he stops and has to think because of Johnny and Sydney. And maybe he has a little thing for EJ, a man he hates, bringing in some more of that self-loathing.

Or have it be Marlena, or Lexie, and whoever is left behind having to deal with it. Change relationships based on Stefano's death.

Leading up to this exit for Jack with Jennifer coming to terms with what she has done to Jack over the years. Realizing that she needs a man in her life because of Bill and her daddy issues and her inability to be faithful and hold out hope for Jack because of the instability both her and Jack have brought to the relationship out of fear. Have losing Jack be so devastating and her having to fight the ability to move on quickly. Have her question Jack's death and wanting to look for him a la Bo after Hope died in the cage. Have her loved ones ground her. Build a story of family love between Hope and Jennifer.

Kill Bo off in an explosive way and have Hope have to deal with being a widow for the first time. Have her sell the Brady house and move in with Jennifer at the Horton house. Bring on JJ and have them raise their kids together. SORAS Ciara enough to give her some rebelliousness and JJ can have some too. Have tension derive from Jen's inability to stay away from Daniel after Jack's death. bring a push and pull into Jen and Hope's relationship. Perhaps bring in JT at some point.

Reveal Andrew to be Andrew Donovan and have Marlena treat him. Bring Kim and Shane in for short arcs to deal with their son's mental illness. Bring in Jeannie. Explore Andrew with Abby, who becomes fascinated with Andrew because Laura's mental illness and Jack's PTSD.

Along with Ciara and the addition of JJ, age Theo a bit and have him deal with the aftermath of his mom's death. Build a story around Abe having to come out of retirement to provide for Theo and dealing with all this grief with Theo's autism and exploring his DiMera roots.

Keeping Stefano off and Ian gone, have Roman sniff around Kate again. Make Kate a legit businesswoman again. Bring her back to Titan (I assume she kind of already is but whatever) Get rid of Billie. Keep Carrie and Austin off. Use Eric at Titan. Perhaps even have him as an ISA agent with his photography career as a cover. Give Nicole her career back. Have her and Kate butting heads. Lucas and Sami can play here, too.

Have Rafe take the fall for some of the compromised business the SPD has done over the years. Have Roman retire. Keep Hope at the cop shop but bring in some fresh blood. John can consult.

Have Brady losing Madison have a profound effect on Brady. Have it be like John losing Isabella or Mike losing Margo. It becomes something that is constantly part of him. Have him break off on his own away from Titan or Basic Black and run his own business.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply