Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What would you do next?
Topic Started: Jun 17 2012, 06:46 PM (40,287 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Get rid of Sami first and foremost. I'd also get rid of Jennifer.

Get decent soap writers.

Give Judi and Wally contracts and feature Justin and Adrienne on a regular basis with frontburner SLs along with Sonny.

Bring back Jack with a new hot love interest in tow.

I'd have Nicole tell Ej the truth and have Ej deliver their baby. They eventually reunite and continue to scheme against the good citizens of Salem. I'd also have Nicole have a job at a fashion or cosmetics industry. I'd bring back Chloe to interact with her as well.

I'd have Kristen come back to try and make claims to Stefano's estate, where her and Ej clash.

I'd also bring Autumn on for Lucas and give him a frontburner SL as well.
Quote Post Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

I want the character driven sls we are promised but never seem to get and romance where the couples arent fickle of their love and lusting after others. But most of all I want to forget MarDar were ever at the helm :shame:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Keep Ej in ONE storyline MAX and have him as the villain that succeeds Stefano....bring ED as Kristen back to try to fight him for the empire....Stefano should return only for a short period of time to pit Kristen against Ej and then he should die permanently.

Bring Jack back and have him romance Kristen....just because Jen did his brother many years ago...

Write Sami true to character, scheming and making people's lives miserable. She should love one man at a time and not have her be this fickle woman who seems to get turned on by making stew...GMAFB

Bring the Moronis as the next big villain family in Salem...build them up to be ruthless and have some female characters

Either write Sami and Lucas the way they use to be in 03/04 or bring on Lucas' fiancee (or another woman) and make this one person truly love Lucas with all her heart and soul. Have her have a connection to the Moronis which puts her life in danger, so that LUcas needs to save her.....write a deep love story and bring Sami into it when she finally thinks that LUcas has had enough of her shit.....and she's lost him forever.

Have Eric begin to raise Nicole and EJ's kid but Ej has issues with it and sues Nicole for sole custody.

SORAS Johnny, and Allie into pre-teens and have them react to in school chatter about Will being gay....since he's related to virtually all of these kids it'll be interesting to see them cope with grade school kids saying shit about him to them. Maybe soras Ciara, Theo and Syd too....who cares...let them all be around the same age.

Kate starts romancing the next big villain guy in Salem (whether it's Stefano or a Moroni head or what not)....then bring back Bill Horton and have him mix it up with her.....have the Moroni guy tell Lucas that if he doesn't find a way for his folks to end that his kids, Sami and Autumn will be in great danger.....Lucas tells Sami that the kids might be in danger...but as both try to protect them something happens at an event and Lucas needs to choose who to rescue after his kids....he chooses....Autumn...and Sami then starts to wonder if she means anything to him anymore....she begins to relive their life and becomes determined to fight Autumn for him....she crashes their wedding...

Edited by LuvingLumi, Jun 17 2012, 09:35 PM.

Ashtonion
Member Avatar
Mmm....

Give Ari Zucker a front burner story she deserves because she can so deliver if given the right material. Have there be a clear rooting couple and don't throw crumbs to every fanbase. Balance, balance, balance as I said in another thread. Backburn Sami. She needs a rest. Please save money once a year for a LOCATION shoot. Bold and the Beautiful can go to Italy and Spain and wherever the hell they go and Days is still working off of their cardboard sets. There was nothing like the location shoots of the 80s and 90s. It just makes you feel like you are watching a real show and the adventure of it all. Now everything looks so staged. And please throw out all the wardrobe and start over!!!!!!!!

esp13
Member Avatar

I'd completely rebuild the mid-late 20's generation. I'd recast Chelsea if Rachel Melvin was willing to return. Same with Stephanie if Shelley Hennig weren't willing to return (and I wouldn't blame either one of them). Max can stay in London for the time being since his attraction to his nieces never went over well. Keep Blake Berris around and recast Jeremy. Those four would be the major focus. No triangles, just old school relationship stories focusing on internal conflicts. Interlopers are acceptable, but interlopers aren't triangles. Abby would also be part of this group and Cameron could be as well, although I have no strong feelings about them as a couple. These couples would be my equivalent of Bo/Hope, Steve/Kayla, Kim/Shane.

I don't hate Chad and I like Sonny and Will, so they can all stick around, but Gabi needs to go. I'd kind of SORAS Chad a bit (but not necessarily recast) and maybe have him find out about EJ not being a DiMera and have him try to stake a claim to the family business. Being young and naive, he'd get slapped around a bit and maybe seek some help from someone like Victor (who sees an opening to exploit). Or, even better, maybe Kristen comes back and is secretly helping Chad. I know it sounds like I'm building a story around Chad, but I'm mostly seeing this as being about EJ and whoever is pulling Chad's strings. Chad's just the front.

Sonny and Will can be Frankie and Jennifer, just slightly older. ;-)

If I could really do whatever I wanted, I'd get rid of the entire 30's group except EJ and Nicole. Not because I want them together. EJ could go back to being sweevil. Nicole could be involved with Brady and the recast Eric. Sami and Rafe could live happily ever after or not, as long as it's off my screen. Daniel would leave with Melanie. I actually don't hate the character, but I'm not sure he's redeemable with the audience. Billie would also be gone unless Julie Pinson was willing to come back. I'd bring back Shawn, Belle, and Philip to fill in some of the gaps. I know they aren't all supposed to be of the same generation, but I'd still do it that way.

For the vets, I'd bring back Mike re-SORASed and float a Mike/Kayla friendship/potential romance. I'd actually ship Jennifer off with Jack because I'm out of any ideas of what to do with her. I'd let Hope mourn for Bo (since I presume they will kill him off) and then somewhere down the line, I'd explore a new relationship for her. I've got no issues with John and Marlena at this point. I'd let Marlena work more and have John still working with the ISA (maybe bring back Shane for occasional visits and adventures). The vets would be primarily supporting for their kids, but also get occasional stories of their own. But mostly, I'd use them to build those family/friends relationships that make the show feel like Days.

I'm sure there is more to be done, but that's a start.

Ashtonion
Member Avatar
Mmm....

Hopeless_Dreamer
Jun 17 2012, 09:19 PM
Get rid of Sami first and foremost. I'd also get rid of Jennifer.

Get decent soap writers.

Give Judi and Wally contracts and feature Justin and Adrienne on a regular basis with frontburner SLs along with Sonny.

Bring back Jack with a new hot love interest in tow.

I'd have Nicole tell Ej the truth and have Ej deliver their baby. They eventually reunite and continue to scheme against the good citizens of Salem. I'd also have Nicole have a job at a fashion or cosmetics industry. I'd bring back Chloe to interact with her as well.

I'd have Kristen come back to try and make claims to Stefano's estate, where her and Ej clash.

I'd also bring Autumn on for Lucas and give him a frontburner SL as well.
Oh, I agree with everything you said but the bolded part is a must for me. After everything that EJ has done and he's done a lot, that man still deserves to deliver his baby or at least be there when it happens. No man should have 3 children and never have gotten the chance to witness the birth and all that entails. I actually would love to see Nicole be somewhere besides a hospital (I'm sick of that hospital) when she goes into labor. EJ has to deliver the baby and when the baby is in EJ's arms, Nicole goes into septic shock from losing so much blood and the race is on for him to get her help. Where's the damn drama in this show? I want drama and I want to scream at my tv for my favorite characters like I used to.
Edited by Ashtonion, Jun 17 2012, 09:48 PM.

esp13
Member Avatar

I'm adding an addendum:

I'd be fine with leaving Chelsea in London and bringing on Jeannie and Andrew Donovan instead. Jeannie could feel the Chelsea role and Andrew could possibly mix it up with the slightly older group (Shawn, Belle, Philip). We'd need to bring on another female or two. I know many would pick Chloe, but I just wasn't a fan of hers at all. Nadia seems like a wonderful person, but I'm not a fan of her acting. Oooh . . . Noelle Curtis would be perfect to join that group.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Ahh Lysie did I ever tell you how I love you for creating some wonderful threads :D

I am going to go all out, so bare with me, it is going to be a long analysis.

Part one

The teen scene- I really want to see something new and refreshing for this age group. I know the popular answer is to just kill them off but I think they have great potential. First I want to see Cameron and Abby relationship surface into greater heights.I do not want the writers to go the predictable route: Abby turns out pregnant....NO!, someone cheats.......NO!. Okay now that we got that out the way. I want their relationship to blossom but I want to see Cameron turn verbally abusive to her. Okay here is why I want to see that ( besides the fact that I think Kate will do a great job). Abby tries to console Cameron on the loss of Lexi, but he does not want her feeling sorry for her. He wants to remain strong but she is persistent to help, he soon grows tiresome and verbally insults her. It almost turns physical, but Abby escapes and seeks help....to be continued.

- I want to see Chad turn to drugs because the loss of his Father. I really want him high off every drug know to man,first he does it secretly but then he is out in public. Contrary to what many people think on here, I really think Casey is an amazing actor, if given the chance. Okay back to my story.... Gabby is finally going to Chad by default because he thinks that Melanie does not want to be with him anymore. Gabby also is going to try to get him off drugs but he is going to get upset at her. His dimera roots are going to be shown full blow. :rockon: . Chad gets so tired of Gabby nagging that he plans to kill her, he strategically plans how he is going to do it. First he is going to lock her in the Dimera basement. He is going to have a 20 min bomb in the basement. She can die at any moment, and while her family is out searching for her, Chad acts surprised that she is missing....Getting good? well to be continued... :P

The Horton family- Lucas, Maggie and Victor all three have a powerful story. Lucas is getting upset that he is not spending time alone with his son Will, causing Maggie to blow up- warning him that Will has a life with Sonny now. Lucas becomes agitated, finally confessing that he had enough of Sonny. Victor threatens Lucas to either shut his trap or he is going to shut it for him. Lucas turns darker and darker, promising to take matters in his hands, ya know the drill.....to be continued. ;)

The Carver family- Abe is going to spend a lot time with Theo, trying to get him so to understand the death of his family. Kayla frequently visits him to support him, but Abe does not want any relationship at the moment. Kayla is offended and insulted, telling him that Lexi will want him to move on and not sit around and pout all day. Abe tells her that Theo is the most important person right now, leaving Kayla alone and desperate. Offended at Abe's rejection, she kidnaps Theo, promising to start a family with him, with or without Abe...OOJ JUICY!...to be continued.

Daniel patient story- Daniel is going to become really sick, almost deadly sick. All of the female patients that Daniel has ever worked on, vows to take care of him. They want to pay him back for all the help that he showed them when he was under their care. Daniel is lying in the hospital bed, fighting for his life. The woman( Kate, Nicole,Chelsea- she also returns)- all stab Daniel in the chest, leaving a who's the murder story? This will be about two months in a story frame, who is the murderer and why they murdered him will come to play in the future weeks. It will not be a typical murder mystery either, it is going to be planned out, with all the action and drama

Bope/Rafe- I know some of you are probably thinking "why in the world are you including Rafe in there, but here me out. Now I know this is not a popular opinion but I always thought that Rafe and Hope will be hot together. Now this does not mean that I want to see Hope jumping Rafe bones, that will be a huge no. On the other hand, I do want her to spend after hours with him, :makeout: and I don't mean working on papers either. Bo jealousy arises, leading him to do some drastic things.....to be continued.

Ejami- Ej is going to have a womanizer story, but Sami is going to disguise herself as one of the "new woman". Once Ej finds out, he tells her that he plan backfired, they will start a romance but they will not be sappy. They will address every issue that was preventing them from being together. Also Johnny and Sydney will grow be soarsed. They will try to keep them together, taking a page of their book- plotting to keep them together.

* all of the characters that were not mentioned, I am going to do that on the second part. (I shall finish tomorrow).

These are just the main stories right now, I am sure most of you probably hate these ideas, but I am use to it ;)

Again Lysie thanks for this marvelous thread.

darraholic
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
Jun 17 2012, 10:05 PM

The Carver family- Abe is going to spend a lot time with Theo, trying to get him so to understand the death of his family. Kayla frequently visits him to support him, but Abe does not want any relationship at the moment. Kayla is offended and insulted, telling him that Lexi will want him to move on and not sit around and pout all day. Abe tells her that Theo is the most important person right now, leaving Kayla alone and desperate. Offended at Abe's rejection, she kidnaps Theo, promising to start a family with him, with or without Abe...OOJ JUICY!...to be continued.

:sheep: :censored: That would be total character destruction of Kayla.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Jack comes back to town, rich and famous from his booktour, & Pullitzer Prize Winner. He returns home as owner.publisher of the Spectator.

JJ comes home and works for his father.

Jennifer is off canvas, for a long while. Her and Daniel can leave town, as there are too many memories in Salem for both of them to have a fresh start.

Sami in one SL and no more triangles, pick one man and give her a job.

EJ back running Dimera Business, as a bad ass villian

Kristen returns to interupt John & Marlena

Nicole works for Jack at the spectator. She has EJ's baby, but they are not together.

Rafe can stay on as a cop for SPD

Hope as a single mom with a sorased Ciara. Close friend of Jack. Nicole & Hope battle for Jack's affections. (I hated that Jack never got any other real woman) so he needs 2.

No more STATE, makes things complicated, unless she turns into a bitch and becomes evil.

Bring back Philip, Belle and Shawn

Cameron can stay with Abby on his mind.

Chad & Gabi need to go. Recast for a new Chad, who can to work for EJ in the family business.

We need some new young women, your guess is as good as mine.
Stephanie & Chloe, Chelsea?

Edited by Dreamer, Jun 17 2012, 10:27 PM.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Jennifer turns to alcohol after losing Jack. One stormy night, Jennifer is drunk and upset, she gets in her care and has a head collison with Daniel, who dies at the scene of the accident. Jennifer is truamatized and sent to the loonie bin for a long while. Get rid of two for 1, here folks!

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

I'd love to see Jack come back to town with money but then have to scheme his way back into power (this time successfully). The Spectator would be nice, especially if it was still owned by Titan Publishing (but I bet they've done away with that). I'd love for Abby to have a lot of storyline with her father, and if she ever came back Stephanie being close to her Uncle Jack could lead to great drama later on ...

I'd dump Cameron faster than toxic waste, I see Schuyler Yancey and all I see is plastic. Almost as bad as Jeremy Horton was. Abby stands in danger of becoming defined by her romance status because she's a blonde good girl. Being a soap ingenue is dangerous territory.

I'd probably recast Chad. The black sheep Dimera is a great concept but Casey is going nowhere fast IMO. That character could be something epic right now, but not with him in the role.

I'd love to see Kate doing battle with Stefano and Victor instead of cozying up with them. Time for Kate to have some real adversaries again, this time not just women who are trying to marry her sons.

am103
Member Avatar

Definitely less EJ. Don't get me wrong, James Scott is a great actor, but EJ is on simply way too much.

Turn Sami back into a bitch. Soccer-mom Sami is just no fun, she needs to go back to scheming and getting herself into big trouble, so that Lucas ends up hating her but then falls back in love with her. I loved it back when "Lumi" was like that! :wub:

Undo Maggie/Daniel. No need for an explanation for this.

Do a brief storyline about Daniel getting skin cancer (from excessive tanning) on his penis, after which he must have his penis surgically removed and must travel to another country to find the best prosthetic (Sorry, forgot this wasn't Passions...).

Fire Daniel, Melanie, Chad, Gabi.

Bring back Carrie, Austin, Jack, Kristen, Vivian, Chloe.

Bring back Valerie Wildman (Fay)! Have a storyline where Fay's death was faked to protect her from the DiMeras, and explore the Abe/Fay story potential that fans were robbed of back in 2003.

And I know that it can't be done because of casting and/or health problems, but I'd love to see Stephen Nichols (Steve) and Tanya Boyd (Celeste) back. Kayla just looks lonely without Steve, and though I think Beverly Todd is doing an okay job, she is NOT Celeste Perrault by any means. I miss original Celeste! :(

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I honestly don't want to see Sami, EJ, Nicole or Rafe backburned. Maybe Rafe. Although I honestly have started to enjoy the character once he's out of Sami and EJ's orbit. Not that I don't like Rafe and Sami, as a couple, because I really started to. I just like seeing Rafe interacting with other characters, like Bo, Hope, Roman, John, etc. It's done wonders for the character, for me. Like it or not, these characters are the characters that should be featured in leading storylines. They are the demographic that soaps are looking for. The problem is DAYS never built a strong 20-something group that turns into the expected leading 30-something group. They haven't done it in decades. The others soaps have, and that's why they're able to have leading characters that haven't been leading for 30+ years with no real storyline possibilities that are fresh and exciting anymore.

I would like to see Tomlin/Whitesell figure this out and start to truly write these characters like leading characters. No more hopping in bed with each other every few months. This is a soap opera. Fans should be yearning for a particular couple to be together and watching the roadblocks the couple must face. I know there are strong fanbases (EJami, EJole, Safe, Lumi, etc.). Instead of having these characters continue to be written horribly with no real motivation or direction, choose a couple to go with. You can do that and not totally ignore past pairings for the couple. If Tomlin/Whitesell want to go with Rafe and Sami, that's fine. But Lucas and EJ need to have roles in their lives, due to the children, not Sami's feelings for them. Sami shouldn't be having scenes fighting her feelings for EJ or Lucas, if Tomlin/Whitesell want to sell Rafe and Sami as a legit couple. The same thing can be said for any of the pairings in this group. Pick a pairing, and allow the past interactions to tell future storylines. No one has to keep going from person to person. That doesn't work. No one is interested in watching Sami in love with Rafe on Monday, kissing EJ on Wednesday and then realizing she never stopped loving Lucas on Friday.

Since Tomlin/Whitesell won't be writing for Madison or Carrie, they really need to bring in another female in that age range. Nicole and Sami cannot be the only women, especially in the group of men they have to interact with. Although it could seem fresher with Eric on his way. As much as Tomlin likes Maggie, I would like to see him finally bring Sarah on. Maggie has children. She doesn't need these faux-bonds with the younger characters the show has. If Tomlin wants her to be the new matriarch, and that's fine, make her a matriarch. Write her as a mother. To her own children, not everyone else's. Sarah's presence will allow the wealth to spread from Sami and Nicole. And the character will have true connections to the show's past, unlike Madison. Sarah would essentially be a brand new character. A blank page for Tomlin/Whitesell to create. Why this hasn't been done yet is beyond me.

That leaves us with Sami, EJ, Nicole, Rafe, Lucas, Brady, Eric and Sarah. And if Tomlin/Whitesell need to bring on a character they actually created, bring on one more female. No more males though! There are enough.

Tomlin/Whitesell need to then establish a strong 20-something group that will follow the characters I listed above in about 10 years. These characters need to be written as the possible future leading characters in a decade or so. Will and Sonny seem to be in an okay place as far as writing. I'd like to see more focus on Sonny, which it sounds like we'll get. We know Sonny has a taste for adventure from the way he talked about his time before coming to Salem. He traveled the world and did many different things. And we also know he's interested in law. He got an internship with the DA's office right before MarDar started writing and backed off from exploring the character and made him more of a supporting role for Will's story. I hope Tomlin/Whitesell go back to this. Sonny comes from a family with mob ties. Perhaps working in the DA's office puts Sonny in a tough position.

The other characters in this age group need to be defined more as well. Even Abigail, who we've known since she was born. Is she interested in journalism or forensics accounting? It's time to have this girl graduate college and enter some kind of career, whatever they choose to give her.

Tomlin/Whitesell need to give Chad and Gabi more personality if they want to keep these characters on. I would rather see both characters written off, but it doesn't seem like that would happen. And I'm fine with that. But something needs to be done if the characters are going to stay on the show. This stalker story has made Gabi interesting, but once it's over, then what? What is Gabi interested in besides guys? What degree is she going for? What does she want to do after college? We know nothing. Same goes for Chad. Yes, he's worked for whatever kind of business the DiMeras run. (Don't even get me started on "DiMera Enterprises.") Who is his best friend? Will or Sonny? Are Chad and Sonny even friends still? Did something happen that pulled them apart? They started to become rather close. I know that it's probably just a fault of MarDar's. Forgotten bonds certain characters have. Tomlin/Whitesell could use this, though, to tell a story for these characters. Have Sonny and Chad bump into each other and have one of them wonder why they stopped hanging out. It could be more than just being busy. Both come from rival families. Perhaps that could come into play as a reason. Chad just needs to be something more than the generic hunk the show has right now. That's all he is. It's a shame that Higley wrote the character with more personality. And there was barely any back then either. And why hasn't Grace ever been brought up since Chad found out about the baby switch? A lot has happened to Chad that would allow Tomlin/Whitesell to write him as interesting. They just have to do it.

As for Cameron, I like Schuyler Yancey. The character doesn't do much for me though. He comes on as Lexie's brother, just as she's about to die. Now what? This role should've been Benjamin Reardon (probably Carver by now). He could've still come on in the same way as a doctor that is concerned for Lexie's failing health. Only this time it would be a nephew concerned for his aunt, rather than a brother so concerned for a sister he only knew for two months. Yancey still could've been paired with Kate Mansi. And Benjamin being in town would allow for Jonah and Wendy to pop up, adding to the 30-something crowd. Unfortunately, this didn't happen. Yancey is Cameron, not Benjamin. If Tomlin/Whitesell decide to keep this character, I would like to see them explore his relationship with Celeste. This is a mother that kept him a secret for years. A child should have issues with that. Maybe Tomlin/Whitesell could have Cameron turning to Abigail to talk about these insecurities he has with Celeste. Celeste, who already doesn't want Abigail with Cameron, could accuse Abigail of using these problems they have to pull Cameron closer. There could be a potential good meddling mother storyline for Abigail, Cameron and Celeste.

That leaves us with Abigail, Cameron, Chad, Gabi, Will and Sonny in this age group. I don't know if it is really necessary to bring anyone else into this. Will and Sonny would need to develop a relationship before any possible interloper could come in. So adding another gay character could be possible, but it would need to happen later on down the line for it to be a real love triangle. Have Abigail and Cameron in the story I proposed above with Celeste. If Tomlin/Whitesell are going to keep Chad and Gabi on, which I would have no problem with, give them personality and pair them together. There could be conflict if Chad starts embracing his DiMera roots, especially with Rafe's feelings towards the family. Or they could have these two end up mixing up with Abigail and Cameron. The 20-somethings on the show should be the bedhoppers. Not the 30, 40, 50-somethings.

I agree with many of the posters that say the vets should be taken down to a supporting role in their children's lives. I don't think that's disrespectful at all to the time they've given this show. It's realistic. Older people's lives just aren't and shouldn't be as accepting as younger people. That's life. John and Marlena could remain featured through Sami, Brady and Will's stories. Same with Roman. Abe could remain relevant through Cameron and a potential SORASed teenage Theo. I don't mind the way Tomlin/Whitesell wrote Stefano as EJ's confidante, but he needs to remain in a consistent role. He can't want EJ to do certain things and then get on him when it's all said and done, just because EJ needs someone opposing what he's done. There are other characters for that. Kate could be featured in Lucas and Will's stories. Even EJ's if she and Stefano reunite. And could someone please remember Kate and EJ have an intimate past! Tomlin loves having Maggie be the town matriarch people come to talk to. At least having Sarah in town would give her an actual child of her own to advise. Victor would be seen through Brady, and along with Justin and Adrienne with Sonny. Jennifer would have Abigail and possible returning JJ's stories to be featured in. Hope should have Shawn back in town, especially with Bo leaving. And she could be there for SORASed Ciara.

Those are all just things I would like to see Tomlin/Whitesell get a grip on. I think it would help the show from a creative standpoint.

As for potential stories I'd like to see Tomlin/Whitesell explore...

Bo has to die. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. I would find any other reason for the character off the show to be non-believable. No matter what happened, Bo would never willingly leave Hope and Ciara in Salem. To play on Bo and Hope's history, I would like to see Bo die in a classic soap death that would leave things open-ended for a potential return in the future (probably towards the finale). No body discovered. Or if there is a body recovered, have a scene, sort of like what happened to Steve in 1990 where bodies are switched. None of the characters know this, but the audience does and they know there is possibility that the character will return. It doesn't have to be treated as a joke, like most deaths on this show have become. With Bo dead, or "dead," we would get to see Hope as an individual character for the first time since she met him. Now would be the perfect time to age Ciara to a teenager. Hope needs a child, who could have a storyline of her own, to support. No one wants to see Hope moving on with someone else, at least not anytime close to the time when Bo died. A year or two later, let Hope meet someone new. However, Bo and Hope fans deserve the chance to mourn, just as much as Hope should.

I'm torn on what I want to see happen to Jack. Killing him off is probably the best idea to me. I don't want to see him abandon his family again. Not after the way Jack and Jennifer were written for the last year. Their fans don't deserve that. Not that they deserve death either, but it's better and doesn't ruin the character. If Jack does die, I want to see this really push Jennifer to the edge. With mental instability so relevant in her family, they could take her down that path and really give Melissa Reeves some good material. And perhaps a mental breakdown could be used to redeem Jennifer in many's eyes. Perhaps this breakdown was coming for a while and could explain the behavior many fans have been questioning for the last year. Jack's death is just the thing that makes it very known something isn't right. Like Ciara, now would be a good time to SORAS JJ to a teenager and have him come home. Maybe JJ coming back and lashing out at Jennifer for the time she wasted with Jack could factor into what makes Jennifer finally break. This could also give Abigail something to do as well. She finds out about her grandmother and great-grandmother's mental issues through finding out what's happening to Jennifer. This could bring back Bill and/or Laura, further adding to the supporting vets the show could use to advise the younger characters and allow fans to relive the past, while also supporting the younger characters in a way that wouldn't make fans feel like the younger characters are taking over.

I like the idea of using Madison's death (if that's what takes her off the show) as a way to parallel John and Isabella for Brady. Surely, Brady and Madison's love story doesn't compare to John and Isabella, but it would be a nice way for Tomlin/Whitesell to pay homage to the past. And it could allow John and Brady's relationship to be explored, giving John something to do, since it seems like Tomlin/Whitesell might not know what to do with the character. Have John see things Brady is experiencing and recall the way he felt when Isabella died. John could try to help Brady through this, and at first, Brady could resist any support. Maybe Brady turns to Victor for support, rather than John. That would play into John and Victor's complicated past.

I want to see Daniel written off the show. I don't even care if they reverse his family tie with Maggie. Keep him as her son. Just get rid of him and then forget about that tie, like so many other things in DAYS history that we're just supposed to forget. The same can happen to this. With Melanie gone, Daniel needs to go. I don't want to see a redux of Daniel and Jennifer. Not many do. And at this point, I feel like the character is so hated, it might be time to just cut losses. They've given him many different things to play and nothing has worked. Write him off! Why prolong misery?

I would like to see Billie off the show as well. There was a time I wished her return would bring Chelsea back. But with Bo leaving the show, I don't want to see Chelsea return anymore. And with Austin gone, Billie can go as well. Yes, she would still have Kate and Lucas for connections to the show, but is it even worth it?

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

darraholic
Jun 17 2012, 10:15 PM
JamesScott_19
Jun 17 2012, 10:05 PM

:sheep: :censored: That would be total character destruction of Kayla.
:P Maybe to some but not to me. she is got to be the most boring character, this will add spunk to her character.

Edited by JamesScott_19, Jun 18 2012, 12:03 AM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

am103
Jun 17 2012, 10:52 PM
Bring back Valerie Wildman (Fay)! Have a storyline where Fay's death was faked to protect her from the DiMeras, and explore the Abe/Fay story potential that fans were robbed of back in 2003.
I love that idea! Nicole needs an older person to go to and seek advice. Killing Fay off was a mistake, especially if they wanted to make Nicole a leading character. It always helps a character be in the spotlight when they have someone older to go to and seek counsel from. If they could have it that the DiMeras faked Fay's death, I would be all for it. And it could give Abe something to do in the future as well.

john&doc
Member Avatar

Slow things down, let a story build, and bring back story arc's that involve large portions of the cast.

Bring back the romance for John and Marlena, and give them a great story that they can have TOGETHER, maybe a medical epidemic, or a natural disaster, or some family crisis that they can team up on.

More balance, not just the EJ DiMera Show, I like James Scott, but show more characters, more often. (Except John and Marlena, show them all the time. lol)

Get rid of Gabi, Chad, Cameron, NuCeleste.

Bring back Belle, Shawn, Claire, Jack, Carrie, Austin. Shane and Kim too.
I've heard they're casting a new Eric, I'd like them to keep Bo too.

Keep the core families center stage, family drama, romance, adventure.

No Kristen, but a toned down Susan (Eileen Davidson) to reveal that EJ really was Stefano's after all. Comic relief would be fun, and Mayor EJ having to deal with his eccentric mother would be hilarious!

Oh, and did I mention more John and Marlena romance and story! But keep them together!

Edited by john&doc, Jun 18 2012, 12:25 AM.

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

Keep Nicole and EJ apart - and limit EJ to one storyline, and interacting with Chandler Massey's Will. Like others have mentioned. James Scott is a very charismatic actor, but too much of a good thing turns it into a bad thing.

Have Nicole explore her independence with her new baby - insert her into a business storyline with Kate, and maybe Brady and John. (Basic Black vs. Titan, etc.)

Carltini at OLTL was really good about getting publicity at OLTL by bringing on B-list mainstream artists, which gained attention from blogs and your syndicated entertainment shows. Days is past the point of saving it's integrity. Re-open Doug's Place or Shenanigans and let New Kids on the Block perform their newest Adult Contemporary single to whatever couple is around.

Give in to what many have said - move the show away from the supercouples (as much as it pains me because I love J&M). Let them serve as the sounding boards. Give them B storylines.

Make the young'ins the focus of the show. Keep Will, Sonny, Abby and Chad. Get rid of Gabi and Dr. Cameron Davis. They are useless.

Make Kristen's Eileen Davidson return mean something. Let Kristen be the badass, bitter, vindictive puppetmaster we know she can be... Have her seek revenge on J&M for leaving her on that God forsaken island for so long... Work the relationship between her and her adopted son/adopted brother EJ. James Scott and her could be magic.

Jack Devereaux needs to come back and be given a flipping storyline. Matt Ashford is a great actor... and I'm tired of Days dicking him over time and time again.

RE-FOCUS ON FAMILY. Create new supercouples using characters we know and whose backstories we are invested in. The last great supercouple Days created was Shawn and Belle... and that's because we knew their family histories and their family drama.

And this has nothing to do with TomSell, but FIRE THE WARDROBE LADY, JAYNE MARIE KEHOE. She's horrid. Absolutely horrid. In a world where I (a female in the target demo who lacks any sort of style) notice how bad the dressing is, she needs to be gone, like yesterday.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar

Part one{continued}

Continued from previous post.

The teen scene- Abby escapes from the wrath of Cameron, and talks to Jack. Jack is furious, goes to extreme lengths to make sure that Cameron never touch her. He beats him to a bloody pulp, leaving Cameron alone and beaten. In the midst of that, Jennifer tries to make things right but Jack refuses her advances. Telling her that she is pathetic and she needs to take the hike out of Salem. He encourages her to go after Daniel, but she soon finds that his lifeless body.

- Chad continues to play the victim and promises that he does not know where Gabby is. Elsewhere the bomb is about to explode in less than ten seconds. Gabby hopes to make it out alive before it is too late, she struggles to come to the realization that she may die. It is too late, the basement blew up in flames and Gabby is pronounced dead by the paramedics.

The Horton Family- Lucas schemes to break the bond that Will shares with Sonny. He soon finds romance in Arianna who later is confirmed alive, she faked her death. Victor and Maggie ends their romance, Victor saying that he does not want to put her life at risk.

Abe's story- Kayla still have Theo hostage, leaving Abe search for her frantically. Kayla calls Steve for advice, apologizing at the way she treated him, and slips out that she found love and kidnapped theo. Steve returns, trying to get through Kayla about what she has done. Steve and Kayla fall back in love and Abe leaves town with Theo, the memory of Lexi affected him to the core.

Daniel's story- The suspects of Daniel's murder is: Kate, Nicole, Chelsea and Jennifer. The person who is guilty of murdering him is Chelsea who stabbed him countless of times for sleeping around with her mother and grandmother.

Bope/Rafe- Okay forget my denial, I really want to see Rafe and Hope hit the sheets. :run: . I am not sure if anyone remember but the writers almost wrote them together. It was in the very beginning when Rafe was working with them, but of course the writers did not go there. Bo continues to fight for Hope, forcing her to choose between her and Rafe.

- Bo is going to repair his relationship with Victor, having some very emotional scenes from them both.

Ejami- Sami is going to finally confess that she always wanted Ej, there is no denial anymore. It would not be a cheesy one either, she will explain why they are a perfect match for each other. They will share a love and hate relationship, lots of anger but lots and lots of making love, mixed with betrayal, envy. Basically they are going to be working partners, lovers and business partners.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar

Part two

Returns

Kristen Dimera
Philip Kirihakis
Belle Brady

Fired
Roman Brady
Caroline Brady

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply