Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What would you do next?
Topic Started: Jun 17 2012, 06:46 PM (40,419 Views)
Helpless Romantic

confusedbyitall
Dec 22 2012, 09:28 PM
Sign Steve Nichols stat...as he is reportedly leaving the Y & R.
I doubt he would want to return to be wall paper. In 2007 he was truly wasted and the wasted potential of having the Johnson brothers TOGETHER and reunited not taped into. :frustration: I am STILL not over Jack/ MA being written out before Steve remembered anything and then not being utilized when Adrienne was breaking him out of the psychward :angry: So much wasted potential and then how he and MBE were just backburned shortly there after was sad. So SN and MA both deserve better and should IMO go to GH. Can you just imagine the Johnson brothers together and catching up if it was allowed to happen and maybe as Steve was struggling to remember things or put them in context that old underlining ackwardness of their sordid history would creep up? Oh what could have been and them finally bonding and coming full circle? ah, what could have been. Instead when Jack is in town they kill him AGAIN and breakup S&K. I will NEVER believe Steve would just take off somewhere or even less that Kayla would give up on him.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Dec 22 2012, 09:46 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kriss4

Well, there may have been a good reason for Steve's decision that Kayla's unaware of. Steve has lied to her before, when he thought he was doing the right thing. He's made her miserable before, too. I don't blame her at all for not sticking around if he decided to work for the ISA. Last time he worked for them is when he disappeared. It cost her sixteen years of her married life. She'd be afraid the same thing would happen again, IMO.

But what if Steve has a really good reason that he won't TELL her?

It's great conflict. Great potential story.

And hey.. if Kayla's caught the eye of some man...then things won't be so simple if Steve comes rolling back into town for Kayla. He might have to pursue her for a change, and I'd like to see that. I just don't think the fella should be Abe. Cuz...Abe?

I don't see it.

But Steve shouldn't take Kayla for granted, and if he had to pursue her that would make me happy.

confusedbyitall
Member Avatar

Helpless Romantic
Dec 22 2012, 09:39 PM
confusedbyitall
I doubt he would want to return to be wall paper. In 2007 he was truly wasted and the wasted potential of having the Johnson brothers TOGETHER and reunited not taped into. :frustration: I am STILL not over Jack/ MA being written out before Steve remembered anything and then not being utilized when Adrienne was breaking him out of the psychward :angry: So much wasted potential and then how he and MBE were just backburned shortly there after was sad. So SN and MA both deserve better and should IMO go to GH. Can you just imagine the Johnson brothers together and catching up if it was allowed to happen and maybe as Steve was struggling to remember things or put them in context that old underlining ackwardness of their sordid history would creep up? Oh what could have been and them finally bonding and coming full circle? ah, what could have been. Instead when Jack is in town they kill him AGAIN and breakup S&K. I will NEVER believe Steve would just take off somewhere or even less that Kayla would give up on him.
I guess I just feel the need to see him somewhere on my tv screen. You are correct. TPTB have no idea the potential all of this had.

Kriss4

They never did take much advantage of Stephen and Mary Beth's presence back in Salem back in 2006-2009. They fired Matt pretty fast that time too...and they never really gave Stephen and Mary Beth a good story. The POTENTIAL of the one they could give us now is terrific.

Then again, it was really good when Matt came back not long ago, too, and THEY squandered it in favor of Dr. Dan the womanizing man.

I can't help but wish, though, that they'd give Kayla something to do other than be supportive of others. I'd like to see how she and Joey are doing now and then. Not just hear about it...but see it.

I know we're gonna see every trouble Jennifer has, and honestly, if it wasn't over DAN, I wouldn't mind seeing it, but I'm so unhappy about her "love" for him that I don't need to see any of that.
Edited by Kriss4, Dec 22 2012, 10:17 PM.

Helpless Romantic

confusedbyitall
Dec 22 2012, 10:05 PM
Helpless Romantic
Dec 22 2012, 09:39 PM
confusedbyitall
I guess I just feel the need to see him somewhere on my tv screen. You are correct. TPTB have no idea the potential all of this had.
Going back to my GH idea if they were to go there maybe JEL could also appear seeing as Wally (Justin) is already there and then I would have my complete Johnson sibling and J&A interaction sort of that we don't nearly get enough of. :(

Helpless Romantic

Kriss4
Dec 22 2012, 10:04 PM
Well, there may have been a good reason for Steve's decision that Kayla's unaware of. Steve has lied to her before, when he thought he was doing the right thing. He's made her miserable before, too. I don't blame her at all for not sticking around if he decided to work for the ISA. Last time he worked for them is when he disappeared. It cost her sixteen years of her married life. She'd be afraid the same thing would happen again, IMO.

But what if Steve has a really good reason that he won't TELL her?

It's great conflict. Great potential story.

And hey.. if Kayla's caught the eye of some man...then things won't be so simple if Steve comes rolling back into town for Kayla. He might have to pursue her for a change, and I'd like to see that. I just don't think the fella should be Abe. Cuz...Abe?

I don't see it.

But Steve shouldn't take Kayla for granted, and if he had to pursue her that would make me happy.
I agree with this but as I said I doubt he would come on as recurring. I mean what you have laid out is great but the writers wont care to write it just like they didn't Jack's PTSD after Afghanistan aside from a few therapy sessions with Marlena and his family all the while treating him like shit Luckily the same story was a few months later recycled and given to the tanned golden boy :x I just don't think they would do anything justice and thats why I referred to him as being "wallpaper" his talents would be wasted because he is not a Dimera and his name doesn't start with the letters E D S to be given any kind of story the others in that vortex of doom are just support. On Abe I agree but he needs to be show cased and get a love interest.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Dec 22 2012, 11:14 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Bright Eyes
Dec 20 2012, 08:47 AM
I'd fire everyone except Lauren Koslow (Kate), Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) and Kate Mansi (Abby)
Why not get an Abby who doesn't suck instead?

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I loved the Johnson brothers scenes before MA was fired, and thought there might have been story in exploring their past without Steve's history. But I think there are lots of characters that Steve has a past with on the show now; I don't think it's dependent on Jack. And without some gimmick like amnesia or an adventure story that Days doesn't do anymore, Steve and Jack really did resolve their issues back in the 80's. So I don't see one necessarily creating a lot of story for the other at this point.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I think it would have been great to have an entire Johnson Family storyline. Adrienne had a good relationship with each of her brothers and it would have been nice to see the entire family. I know it's not going to happen but it would have been great...

granolagirl
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Dec 23 2012, 01:51 PM
I think it would have been great to have an entire Johnson Family storyline. Adrienne had a good relationship with each of her brothers and it would have been nice to see the entire family. I know it's not going to happen but it would have been great...
I would have loved it, but I still wonder what the story would have been at this point.

I've often thought it would have been interesting, if they'd made it more difficult for Adrienne back in the 80's with Jack, after her own experiences with sexual violence from their father. It always seemed like they glossed over that.

But Steve had so much history with Bo/Hope/Victor (and Kayla, I guess ;) ) outside of the Johnson family that there would be other material for him. Plus the more recent stories with EJ, Billie, Stephanie, etc.
Edited by granolagirl, Dec 23 2012, 02:47 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Christmas Eve continues as Episode #23 of my DAYS fic is posted. The Hortons, Blacks, and Bradys gather together. Valerie comes face to face with someone she's been avoiding. http://fnaf.net/daysfic/

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Matt
Dec 23 2012, 11:35 PM
Christmas Eve continues as Episode #23 of my DAYS fic is posted. The Hortons, Blacks, and Bradys gather together. Valerie comes face to face with someone she's been avoiding. http://fnaf.net/daysfic/
Since you mentioned Steven, but omitted Spencer, does Spencer exist in your canon? It's entirely possible that Steven has a child or children, but if you changed his name, as the name Spencer has always extremely grated on me, I would turn a blind eye to that minor re-write.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Bright Eyes
Dec 24 2012, 12:05 AM
Matt
Dec 23 2012, 11:35 PM
Since you mentioned Steven, but omitted Spencer, does Spencer exist in your canon? It's entirely possible that Steven has a child or children, but if you changed his name, as the name Spencer has always extremely grated on me, I would turn a blind eye to that minor re-write.
I didn't mention Spencer because I was afraid it would turn into nothing but a family tree rundown. lol Think of it like the actual ornament montage where we don't see all of them physically hung, but we see them on the tree (if only briefly). I'm not sure Spencer actually has an ornament on the show anyway. lol

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Episode #24 is now posted. More Horton ornaments. The Kiriakis party. And who's that knocking on the Horton door? http://fnaf.net/daysfic/

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Episode #25 is posted It's Christmas Day. Lucas finds a Santa for the children's Christmas Party. Sami divides her time. Abe & Daniel both reconnect with past loves. http://fnaf.net/daysfic/

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Episode #26 of my fic is posted. John has something for Will. Sonny has something for Will. J.T. explores Salem. http://fnaf.net/daysfic/

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

Give Dr. Dan an STD. It will be what killed Nicole's baby. She will hate him after that. Jenn has the STD as well. The hospital board finally censures Dr. Handy Dandy and he loses his rights to practice at the hospital.

============================================

Sami wakes up and hears the shower running. She walks into the bathroom and finds Lucas. Everything from the explosion forward has been a dream. ala Dallas....it worked for them so why not. It would fix a lot of the bovine excretement we have been watching.

===========================================

Devastated by Sami's rejection, EJ goes back to driving race cars. He wipes out in a race and ends up paralyzed from the neck down. He is cared for at Di-mansion. He has to learn to live with his condition.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

"What would you do next?" meme style:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Episode #27 of my DAYS fic is posted. Abby gets played. Alex makes an offer. EJ has a plan. http://fnaf.net/daysfic/

Daysnet Australia
Member Avatar

The big reveal that Sami is NOT Marlena and Roman's daughter - but in fact, when taken as a baby, she was replaced by his own daughter. That would make EJ and Sami brother and sister!!! That way we could spend the time looking for Roman and Marlena's real daughter.

Not to mention that Zach is not dead - Stefano took him as well, or maybe someone else!!!

Don't forget also that Hope and Bo raised a little boy JT who they gave to the real father. John Thomas still could return to town - another child for Hope to deal with.

So many opportunities for interesting stories - it's just a shame they don't use any of the good stuff and continue with the crap!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply