Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What would you do next?
Topic Started: Jun 17 2012, 06:46 PM (39,282 Views)
Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Fix hair, makeup and wardrobe of the show.

Buy some deep conditioning mask. If that's too pricey, invest in a Costco jar of mayonnaise and saran wrap the offenders hair until it looks healthy.

Throw away the "grey/blonde" hair dye they used on Mia and Jennifer's hair.

Put in all the contracts that all the actors MUST wear sunblock at all times.

Throw away those orange-glo tanning lotions.

Do not put Sonny and Will together romantically.

Send all the kids to boarding school and no more babies!

No more bangs! Sami's flat ironed bangs are an atrocity. Nicole does not look good in them either. Chad's bangs make me feel like I have a cataract, they are distracting.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ernesto
Member Avatar

An EJ/Sami murder/suicide...all the rest of the characters experience momentary shock, then heaving a collective sigh of relief, they laugh it off and move on with the Days of Their Lives.

Dee-anne

More Nicole & less Rafe and less Sami.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

Even as poorly written as this Stefano story has been, the ratings have increased, so I want TomSell to write a huge umbrella storyline involving most of the cast.

Some Basic Tidbits About The Story
** Would revolve around Kristen and Peter Blake's biological father returning to avenge his children
** Kristen would be reintroduced
** EJ turns out to be the son of John and Kristen
** Marlena, Jennifer, Nicole and Sami all kidnapped. Sami will be presumed dead for awhile leading into the next big story
** Bo would die in the rescue mission
** At the end Stefano revealed to be alive, setting up a battle between He and the Blake Patriarch.
** Nicole gives birth but the baby is kidnapped, however did Mr. Blake kidnap the child or was it EJ himself. This will cause some drama for Ejole.
** Eric, Shawn, Belle, Phillip, and Chloe return for Bo's Funeral
** Belle has big secret setting off another story for the late 20s/30s group. Belle discovers that Phillip's son Tyler was her child instead of Mimi's causing tension for Shelle and recently reunited Phloe.

Edited by JtSmarts, Jun 18 2012, 07:26 AM.

Anita

I want the show to have balance so more characters can shine. That is a must.

Sami needs to be backburnered and Rafe should meet an untimely demise.

Nicole should tell EJ the truth about their baby; they should reunite and be the dark couple of Salem.

Star784
Member Avatar

I would have nicole going back to her scheming ways and back into bradys arms. Plotting to kill whoever tries to get in her way with an accomplice lol..
Daniel would be gone
sonny have his own story besides about him being gay
Adrienne and Justin would be shown way more
EJ would become a villian(2007) again.
Gabi and rafe would be gone. If not then develop their characters more..They are uber boring. And make sure Rafe stay far away from sami or carrie.. I dont want him with anyone.
Dont even know what to say about Chad.
Stop having insta-pairings
Stop having every single story about insta-pairings
Jack would come back.
Make younger characters more interesting
Edited by Star784, Jun 18 2012, 07:45 AM.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Definitely, more Dr. Daniel Jonas. Salem's most eligible bachelor, he's an extremely attractive and sexy doctor that woman can't resist. He doesn't need ties to any of the characters. Daniel needs to be in a major SL, on canvas 3x per week, not just bedding the ladies. :sarcasm:

Kenny
Member Avatar

Another thing the writers need to do is have a plan. There's nothing I hate more than stories that zig-zag in every direction because the writers are making it up as they go along. It's so much easier to invest in a story when you know there's a plan in place and a payoff forthcoming.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Kenny
Jun 18 2012, 10:16 AM
Another thing the writers need to do is have a plan. There's nothing I hate more than stories that zig-zag in every direction because the writers are making it up as they go along. It's so much easier to invest in a story when you know there's a plan in place and a payoff forthcoming.
remember the days of long drawn out buildups with amazing pay offs?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 18 2012, 10:17 AM
Kenny
Yes.

It's really sad to see what's happened to this show over the years.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Kenny
Jun 18 2012, 10:23 AM
LuvingLumi
Jun 18 2012, 10:17 AM
Kenny
Yes.

It's really sad to see what's happened to this show over the years.
Kenny, I like your thoughts on this. I think DAYS writers of late, (Higley, TomSell, MARMAR) did plan out their SL and consciously decided to included many short story ARCs. I am not sure how writers can scope out a long and meanful SL, with shorter contract periods and limited on screen time, it does cause a we bit of trouble with the cast balancing for one. When was the last time there was a really good SL build and payoff?

DAYS needs to slow down it's pacing and play the beats of the SLs they choose. I think with the 3 month ahead taping situation, most writers are worried about fails, disappointment and flack from the fans, so they rush the SLs. If the SL are not well received, then atleast they are over with. Taping ahead is the MAJOR cause of DAYS problems, the SL are already commited, and no change can be made until 3-6 months down the line. I wish DAYS would see this a must fix. Need to go back to taping 6-8 weeks max.

eugenie

Have a plan and use it. Pick a couple and STICK with it. No MORE of this crap.

Re-hire MATT. Do the PTSD story!

Give Ari Zuker a major story and USE her acting talent.

Make EJ the villain and STICK with it.

Make Allison Sweeney take a leave of absence to take acting classes. Don't re-hire her unless she can prove she's learning how to act.

Ditch Chad and all the rest of this group except Abby and Will/Sonny.

Fire Melissa Reeves for the time being. I hate her and could do without JandJ after this latest horror. Have her run away with Dr. OrangeSleeze. He's GOT TO GO!

Bring back Chloe and Phillip.

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

I have said it before and will say it again. I think that certain characters should take a back seat for now not fade completly they can still be there but not as much as they have been and the writers can start writing interesting stories for the characters that we do not get to see that often as we get to see these handful of characters that are seen almost everyday. Let others shine too.

Lil
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Jun 17 2012, 09:08 PM
I would immediately put an end to all of these relationship fanbase wars. There would be no more of this EJole vs. EJami vs. Lumi vs. Safe nonsense. Sides will be chosen and they will be made permanent.

I would have characters start acting their age. Those characters near or around AARP card age would start acting that way. Those characters around college age would start acting that way. Those characters with children would start acting older and more maturely than their kids.

I would never bring back a previous character not currently on the show unless it was just a one day guest appearance for a wedding or a funeral or a holiday event. Fans have an idealized vision in their heads about the magnificence and benefit of having these characters on the show and their returns always disappoint and fans become even more jaded and disillusioned.

I would balance the show. No character would be on the show more than three times a week and every character would be on at least two times a week.

I would immediately make Sami and EJ start supporting other characters and stories instead of driving their own stories. This would continue for several months.

I would create at least two, if not three, new male characters in the 25-35 range, with one of them pointed towards a romance with Kate.

I would create a few new female characters in the 25-35 range, with one of them becoming a full-fledged rival for Sami.

I would make Rafe have an accident where he loses the ability to speak. He is at his best when he stands around and looks pretty without ever opening his mouth.

I would give Sonny some sort of personal life. No more of this gay in theory but not in reality nonsense. In a similar vein, I would hire an openly gay actor to portray an openly gay character on this show.

I would keep Stefano dead or turn him into a zombie. There would be no more of this rising from the dead stuff for him apart from the possible zombie story.

I would SORAS Sami's three youngest kids about 5-8 years and give them school age appropriate stories and start making Sami be a mother to her kids for a change. I would SORAS Theo so that he is the same age as Allie's new age.

I would bring on a new, older woman for Roman. I may not care for him; but he deserves a relationship just as much as everyone else.

I would write a long term Alzheimer's story for one of the show's older characters.

I would have EJ mentor Chad into living up to his DiMera bloodline.

I would write Nicole as the scheming, diva/bitch she should always be. She should make Sami's life as miserable as possible.

I would strip Daniel of his medical license and make him become a drunken panhandler in the town square.

I would reignite the DiMera-Kiriakis rivalry between EJ/Chad and Brady/Sonny with Will caught in the middle.

I would start writing women as smart instead of pathetic and always needing a man. I'd also write a woman living a full life without needing a man in it.

That's enough for now.
I actually quite love almost all of this. I think the Alzheimer's character should be Victor or Caroline. Preferably Victor because then Brady, Philip (who has to come back of course) Justin and Sonny could all struggle with taking over the Kiriakis empire/Titan. Brady would have issues because he's not a "real" Kiriakis (and because scenes with victor are almost the only time I actually like Brady), Philip who has always followed in his dad's footsteps...Justin, if for no other reason that to protect Sonny...All while Victor slowly loses his grip on reality while in his clearer moments trying to maintain his rough exterior. Good drama for him and Maggie too if they are still together. Plus with Maggie she would need to reach out to the Horton clan. in order for there to be the war vs. the DiMeras however I would need Kristen in there somewhere, Tony & if Chad must be kept around I'd NEED a new actor to play him. CD sucks and has been around too long as is.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

REMOVE RAFE

He is systematically KILLING this show...one day at a time.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

My official list of what to do (casting decisions)

1.) Get rid of most of the younger set, keeping ONLY Abby/Will/Sonny
2.) Get Shawn (JS or BB), Belle (MM or KS), Philip (JKJ only) & Chloe back on this show STAT.
3.) Keep Nick and bring back Chelsea
4.) Get rid of Daniel, Billie and Rafe, the epitome of USELESS and WASTE OF MONEY.
5.) Bring back Eileen Davidson as Kristen.
6.) Get rid of Eric Martsolf and Brady (character is played out)
7.) Hire Greg Vaugn for recast Eric
8.) Ship out FauxCeleste and BlackLeno
9.) Rehire Matthew Ashford.

&

10.) WRITE A SHOW THAT IS TRULY ENTERTAINING, SO THAT WE THE FANS DON'T HAVE TO MAKE THREADS LIKE THIS EVERY 6 FUCKING MONTHS

Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jun 20 2012, 06:03 PM.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

First, sit down a do a damn storyline bible like Bill Bell, Sheri Anderson, or JER. Actually know what you want done in the next two years.

FIRST: Older Set

Break up Victor and Maggie after he has an affair with a newly arrived Vivian. Not instantly mind you. I would also make it clear that Viv slowly plotted all of this, and I may even have her drug Vic ala Sami/Austin. Vivian plots to make sure Maggie finds them. I would even make it a party so everyone could see the fallout. I'd then move Maggie back into snarky supporting status running her Chez rouge and gossiping about the goings on in Salem. I may do a Vic and Maggie reunion at some point, but highly doubt it. I would then have an enraged victor going after Vivian.

Stefano would remain evil. His relationship with Kate would hit the skids once Billie found out too much bad info on Stefano, and Stefano has her killed via auto accident. I would stretch it out so Kate wouldn't know for a while. Once it came out, I would love to see both Kate and Marlena plot his downfall together, once the storyline below is over. Kate returns to work for Victor, and there are sparks, but she tries to ignore it.

SUPERCOUPLE SET
Kristen returns with Stefano in the fall and states that her days as a slave changed her. She acts happy for John and Marlena, but secretly she works with Stefano. EJ knows not to trust her, considering how she did his mother. Kristen wants to slowly poison Marlena in order to exact revenge and remove her from John's life. Marlena, with her radio show back on the sir, starts making inappropriate comments and everyone thinks the stress of everything is making her come undone. EJ knows better, but can't prove anything. Just as John is about to figure everything out, he is told Vivian has wormed her way into Basic Black as a stock holder and is doing business with terror orginaztions. He leaves town and ask Abe to keep and eye on her. While gone, Kristen poisons Marlena into a coma. Once John lands in Italy to get to the bottom of it all, he is held prisoner, and realized it was all a set up. Stefano, Kristen, and Vivian come to say hello to John in his cell, as Marlena hangs between life and death.

I'll finish the rest later, lol.....gotta go to the doc.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

With a Soap like DAYS, you just need to know when it's time to pull the plug! After a 45+ year history, if they haven't figured out a formula that can bring them out of the gutter, it's time to call it quits. How many more 'lives' does this show have? I know it is sad and ppl don't want to see their favorite soap gone, but the alternatives have been down right nasty. Character after character assasination, insta-pairings, hirings, firings, SL whiplash, etc. Not much left to destruct.
Edited by Dreamer, Jun 18 2012, 12:28 PM.

Kyrai

I would get the writers together to lay out interesting stories first. I'd go back to the 80s where they had actual stories like Miami, Stockholm, Orpheus, etc.

Once they know the stories that they want to tell, then they need to figure out how to lead into them with the vets and pace them to introduce new characters (good and bad) and develop the ones they have.

I'd bring bring back Eric Brady and Andrew Donovon as partners in the ISA. Jeannie Donovan as well. I'd bring back Mike Horton and make the hospital part of the story again. When someone gets hurt, you need a good doctor you can depend on. I'd bring Melissa (divorced) and Sarah Horton back. I'd have Melissa working with young people and give Sarah a job in an office for a new 'questionable' businessman that Andrew and Eric are investigating. Sarah and Andrew could be an interesting couple, but let the story and chemistry lead, not force a relationship that isn't there.

I'd love to see Eric and Nicole at odds. He did love her. I'd love it if they have a long complicated back and forth relationship where Nicole and he both realize true love and eventually she redeems herself and earns his love. I think of all that Kim went thru with Shane, Patch went thru for Kayla, etc. I'd love for them to be friends no matter what (like John and Marlena), then lead to love if the story naturally evolves there. If Nicole and Eric don't work, Melissa might or Melissa could gel with Brady.

I'd have Will and Sonny be involved in younger stories, starting their careers, dealing with the workplace, making mistakes but growing and maturing. I might sora-ize Ciara, Joe, and Theo to this group. I'd add a young troublemaker like a Julie or Eve to this group to cause mischief and mayhem. :)

And along with the stories, I'd like the strong friendships and relationships that make me care and enjoy watching day to day. The laughs (like Eugene and Calliope) and the tears (like Isabella's death), and the intrigue and soap evil (like Angelica Devereaux and Vivianne Alamain) and the strong family support that Alice typified to make Salem feel like family. Hope, Justin, John, Marlena, Shane would be the infrastructure and still have great story moments, but be a part of the bigger picture. Mike and Kayla could have new stories to tell. Bo could eventually come back with a story that engages everyone as could Phillip. My focus would be on the 30s-40s, but all age groups would be well-represented.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Jun 18 2012, 12:27 PM
With a Soap like DAYS, you just need to know when it's time to pull the plug! After a 45+ year history, if they haven't figured out a formula that can bring them out of the gutter, it's time to call it quits. How many more 'lives' does this show have? I know it is sad and ppl don't want to see their favorite soap gone, but the alternatives have been down right nasty. Character after character assasination, insta-pairings, hirings, firings, SL whiplash, etc. Not much left to destruct.
I agree. If I was the boss I would renew Days next year with a 2 year contract so it will be cancelled in November 2015 when celebrating 50 years on the air. That way the producers and writers know they have three years left so they can plan long-term storylines with big pay offs at the end. Also put in more money so the last years on air can look good with better lighting, more sets and longer days at the studio.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply