Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Peter Reckell Exit News
Topic Started: Jun 13 2012, 10:20 AM (14,153 Views)
Ellie

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/days-peter-reckell-exit-news

DAYS: Peter Reckell Exit News

By SOD Posted: Jun 13, 2012

As first reported exclusively by Digest in the 5/14 issue, DAYS superstar Peter Reckell (Bo) has been telling castmates that he is leaving Salem. Now, the actor's wife, Kelly Moneymaker, is responding to fans about his impending exit via Twitter. "Hard to say goodbye to characters who've been on 4ever!! Hard 2 believe Bo will be one of those shortly!" she tweeted last night. For the latest on Reckell and when he is expected to wrap taping check out the 6/25 issue of Digest, on sale Friday.

About.com adds a last tape date:
http://daysofourlives.about.com/b/2012/06/13/peter-reckell-leaving-days-of-our-lives.htm?r=twitter

------

Peter's speech via twitter on June 18:

"Days of Our Lives has been my home, My life, for almost 30 years. Bo Is a character that developed From my soul, And has touched many lives, but none more than my own. I took my place in the hierarchy of the show,in the storyline, moving others aside, in the eighty's. ...Now others have moved into the place I once held. I have been very fortunate to have had such a long, meaningful,run. But now, with a torn heart, I have to say goodbye to the people, family, the character, that I love.You have to know this has not been easy. I do not want to give up Bo, and with luck, in the future, will be able to return to the character that I fought so hard to preserve. Thank you for being the most supportive, forgiving,loyal viewers there are. You have given me strength in difficult times. You are the reason DOOL is still standing and will continue for years to come. Thank you for all you have given me and the character I love!"
Edited by Ellie, Jun 18 2012, 11:32 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dany_E
Member Avatar

Wow, I hope the wife had his go-ahead to spill the beans like that!

blueskies
Member Avatar

This is too depressing :(

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

"Taps" is playing in my head.

six
Member Avatar

No wonder SOD is struggling. This is the same information we already had. Whatever they're going to put in the article will probably leak soon, too.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Okay Lauren Koslow, the ball is in your court now.

Ellie

six
Jun 13 2012, 10:24 AM
No wonder SOD is struggling. This is the same information we already had. Whatever they're going to put in the article will probably leak soon, too.
As they said in the paragraph we posted, they were the first ones to break the story before anyone else.

jtsahottie
Member Avatar
If I woke from a coma and Channing Tatum told me he was my husband... I'd Believe Him!

Great lets somehow let someone most viewers enjoy go and keep the undesirables. Im beginning to believe there is no hope left for this show. Just wrong decisions all around.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

I keep seeing parallels to this show and ATWT and GL. This show is so doomed!

Letting new character overrun the show for several years to the destrimite of other characters just to appease rabid and unappealing fanbase? Check!

Destroying good guys and overwhelming show with bad guys? Check!

Breaking up only show's only stable couple and the face of the show? Check!

Firing beloved vet who has become the face of character? Check!
Edited by Aliaron, Jun 13 2012, 10:31 AM.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Wish him all the best, I'll miss Bope. Fingers crossed Hope gets a meaty story out of his exit.

AHM

Strangely though, this almost makes losing Matt Ashford/Jack/JnJ easier for me. I mean, I felt kinda gutted by the show when the news of MA's firing came out (with MR staying). But now, with Bo leaving and maybe Bope ending, it's like it doesn't even matter what happens. It's like this show isn't even Days, so who cares; just watch it all unfold philosophically.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Wow!

Reminds me of the soaps where top actors bolt, seeing the end in sight.

DAYS is going to be in a ROUGH spot.

What are they going to do with Hope? Another Daniel future patient? What about Billie?
Edited by KMan101, Jun 13 2012, 10:31 AM.

londoncalling

If he is, leaving so is my respect & support for him not because he is leaving but because he hasn't step forward before this and made the statement. He reads his wife tweets and we know this, where is his loyally towards the fans that have supported him all these years, so long Peter have a good one!

reagon

Wow I wasn't believing it but this is sad news and a loss. Peter Reckell is not only the best actor in that group but the classiest. Bo and hope really have no where left to go unless they soras Ciara and bring back Chelsea possibly.I'll miss him but life goes on.

I think GL was far better at the end despite the shoddy production than Days is. But I do see parallels to AtWT towards the end.

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

I am just hoping there is still a good story left to tell for Hope. Do not take away Kate either, still huge potential for her.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

londoncalling
Jun 13 2012, 10:31 AM
If he is, leaving so is my respect & support for him not because he is leaving but because he hasn't step forward before this and made the statement. He reads his wife tweets and we know this, where is his loyally towards the fans that have supported him all these years, so long Peter have a good one!
What? Maybe he's not talking cause he still works for the show? Maybe he is one of those actors you don't see much of anymore. One with class and respect.
Edited by Aliaron, Jun 13 2012, 10:33 AM.

bohope80s
Member Avatar

It's official I'm Done...I only watch Bope stories anyway since 2000...

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

*sigh* I hope things turn around and he stays.

blueskies
Member Avatar

If its about money, maybe we could just take up a collection? $5 times 2 million viewers = $10 million. Can save Peter and Matt.

Casey
Member Avatar

This is seriously shocking. While I think some of us expected it to come, it's a HUGE loss for Days. This should definitely re-invent Hope a little bit since she's never been on the show without Bo in some form. In my opinion, it's a perfect time to bring back Shawn D, Belle, and Claire.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply