Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Peter Reckell Exit News
Topic Started: Jun 13 2012, 10:20 AM (14,161 Views)
am103
Member Avatar

Dear lord. We've got supercouples falling apart everywhere. First Abe/Lexie, then Jack/Jen, and now Bo/Hope.

Well, guess it's time for DAYS to bring on the inevitable Hope/Daniel/Jennifer triangle. :puke:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jun 13 2012, 10:26 AM
six
Jun 13 2012, 10:24 AM
No wonder SOD is struggling. This is the same information we already had. Whatever they're going to put in the article will probably leak soon, too.
As they said in the paragraph we posted, they were the first ones to break the story before anyone else.
I'm not saying they never get scoops, but for quite awhile a lot of their back stage stuff has come from twitter or blogs. Instead of being the go-to source, we're getting a lot of recycling.

londoncalling

Aliaron
Jun 13 2012, 10:33 AM
londoncalling
Jun 13 2012, 10:31 AM
If he is, leaving so is my respect & support for him not because he is leaving but because he hasn't step forward before this and made the statement. He reads his wife tweets and we know this, where is his loyally towards the fans that have supported him all these years, so long Peter have a good one!
What? Maybe he's not talking cause he still works for the show? Maybe he is one of those actors you don't see much of anymore. One with class and respect.
Then his wife should not have spoken up if that is his agreement with Days. But now that she has put it out there letís hope he clarifies it today!

lastDays
Member Avatar

KMan101
Jun 13 2012, 10:30 AM
Wow!

Reminds me of the soaps where top actors bolt, seeing the end in sight.

DAYS is going to be in a ROUGH spot.

What are they going to do with Hope? Another Daniel future patient? What about Billie?
Morale must be pretty low.Peter confirmed to be leaving on the heels of Rene doing the same.Looks like some of the vets already see the writing on the wall for this show.Don't blame them,either

I don't see a hookup with Daniel for Hope.More than likely,Salem's resident hero cop with the smirky assed grin will be paired with Hope

Sariah
Member Avatar

am103
Jun 13 2012, 10:38 AM
Dear lord. We've got supercouples falling apart everywhere. First Abe/Lexie, then Jack/Jen, and now Bo/Hope.

Well, guess it's time for DAYS to bring on the inevitable Hope/Daniel/Jennifer triangle. :puke:
I was about to say bite your tongue, until I realized you were right and that they will most likely be headed for a Hope/Daniel/Jen triangle because that's how Tomlin rolls. :badmood:

Sorry for Bope and Bo fans - it sucks that you're losing your favorite guy!

Thomson
Member Avatar

This is so depressing. I've enjoyed Bo and Peter throughout all these years. It's sad to see him go.

Ellie

If Gary Tomlin is writing, all I see for Kristian is her becoming Caroline Jr.

reagon

Peter doesn't have to say anything. I would guess once he's gone we'll get a very honest exit interview from him and I don't mean him on a tirade slamming people.
Edited by reagon, Jun 13 2012, 10:49 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Couldn't they just make Hope go insane from grief?!?! That would be believable, and would mirror the feelings of fans.

tylerbo20

so now we have a show that will focus on male leads Rafe, EJ, Daniel yeah im officially done with this crap fest

lysie

I'm totally busy today, but I'm so very sad about this.

Ellie

reagon
Jun 13 2012, 10:48 AM
Peter doesn't have to say anything. I would guess once he's gone well get am very honest exit interview from him and I don't mean him on a tirade slamming people.
Someone leaves a show he's been on for over 20 years and you think he doesn't have to say anything? I disagree.

Drew
Member Avatar

These little hints and tweets all seem like games to get more money.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Sad to see him go, but not at all suprised.

I wish him only the best.

reagon

Ellie
Jun 13 2012, 10:50 AM
reagon
Peter doesn't have to say anything. I would guess once he's gone well get am very honest exit interview from him and I don't mean him on a tirade slamming people.
Someone leaves a show he's been on for over 20 years and you think he doesn't have to say anything? I disagree.
He doesn't have to no. Maybe there are things he'd like to say but wants To wait until he's gone.

Ellie

Drew
Jun 13 2012, 10:51 AM
These little hints and tweets all seem like games to get more money.
Could be, but I doubt the show has much to give out at this point.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
Come on Ron, We are counting on YOU !!

I remember enjoying Bope's story so much in the late 80s. I never shipped them as a couple, but I can't imagine Days without Bo...I really can't.

This is so very sad.

Ellie

reagon
Jun 13 2012, 10:52 AM
Ellie
Jun 13 2012, 10:50 AM
reagon
He doesn't have to no. Maybe there are things he'd like to say but wants To wait until he's gone.
I understand what you're saying, I just don't see the loyalty to his fans coming through here. I hope he will make a statement at some point.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

It doesn't seem like an amicable departure. Tweet and run........ LoL!!!

happy
Member Avatar

Big loss for DOOL. IMHO, PR was the best male actor on the show. So natural and grounded that he never looked like he was "acting." He made everything believable - which is difficult to do with DOOL scripts!

He could do romance, angst, and comedy. I think he grounded the show like Mrs. H did. He never felt like a caricature or a character. He felt like a real person. I wish PR the absolute best. And I truly hope he has a career after DOOL. I'm sure it hurts his prospects, because EVERYONE knows him as BO Brady (even people who don't watch the show). But he really is a great ACTOR, and I hope he gets the chance to show what else he can do.

Thanks for the many years of hard work, Peter. You will be missed.
Edited by happy, Jun 13 2012, 10:58 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply